Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

So yes, think I was wrong originally. The first lot is going to go well east of here. But great chances later in the night.

So with that heavy finger of precipitation off the coast of northwest England, I'm going to for it passing through Stoke, Leicester and Northampton. Could give some quite prolonged falls...it's quite a drawn out peice of precipitation. Might even go a bit further east than that looking at it again.

Enjoy!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So yes, think I was wrong originally. The first lot is going to go well east of here. But great chances later in the night.

So with that heavy finger of precipitation off the coast of northwest England, I'm going to for it passing through Stoke, Leicester and Northampton. Could give some quite prolonged falls...it's quite a drawn out peice of precipitation. Might even go a bit further east than that looking at it again.

Enjoy!

Ay, assume you've not mentioned Stafford cos we all know it'll be rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep, please understand I'm giddy with the prospect of more snow. I just think the track is different to what you suggest, but we all have different interpretations (it's why we're all having a guess in the polar low thread lol).

I've heard reports of rain and sleet in NW England, too. But then even during today some places didn't see much snow. It has been locally severe in some places, but a damp squib in others.

Yes it is very hit and miss in this setup, always will be unless it's frontal stuff - especially when it comes to snow. 

Anyway - aren't these pair just typical....

18z GFS

1am...

post-15543-0-48541000-1422567447_thumb.g

4am...

post-15543-0-24599600-1422567724_thumb.g

The band splits and drops either side of most of us :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I was having a great day until i heard the news villa have signed Scott Sinclair we are doomed. So i think you would all agree i need the polar low to cheer me up lol.

Posted

Ay, assume you've not mentioned Stafford cos we all know it'll be rain

Don't think it'll even touch Stafford to be honest (that first chunk anyway). Our chances come later in the night.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yes it is very hit and miss in this setup, always will be unless it's frontal stuff - especially when it comes to snow. 

Anyway - aren't these pair just typical....

18z GFS

1am...

post-15543-0-48541000-1422567447_thumb.g

4am...

post-15543-0-24599600-1422567724_thumb.g

The band splits and drops either side of most of us :(

That is not PPN charts I wanted to see!

*Goes down Tesco for some razor blades*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Looking brilliant for the east midlands and the central midlands aswell!! Fingers crossed for 10cms!!

Lets av it..;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Enjoy!

hope your slightly wrong Gord.....Straight down the A5 for me

Posted

Well a frustrating day with snowfall

At the mo have approx 1.5 cm covering in places mainly from 15 minute blizzard shower about 3.30

And shower about 6 pm

Bits and pieces since but compared to some not good

Here's hoping this is just the start of a long cold spell

Posted

That is not PPN charts I wanted to see!

*Goes down Tesco for some razor blades*

Cant see it happening like that to be honest i think it will interact with the other little low and be a bigger band but who knows it just guess work until it hits land

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

Cant see it happening like that to be honest i think it will interact with the other little low and be a bigger band but who knows it just guess work until it hits land

hope so :)

Posted

Things are devloping more over north west Wales. This is either a peppering of showers ahead of the main band which could easily die away or...and I hope it's this...a development on the southern flank of that heavy precipitation off north west England and it will keep on developing.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

Things are devloping more over north west Wales. This is either a peppering of showers ahead of the main band which could easily die away or...and I hope it's this...a development on the southern flank of that heavy precipitation off north west England and it will keep on developing.

Indeed, earlier showers were intensifying then dying out before they even reached shrewsbury..... hoping that they will be part of the feature running through and will continue to intensify! They seem to be getting a lot further inland than earlier anyway

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Snow falling here, looks like that lot coming into the NW could hit here if it survives.

Posted

Enjoy!

ive got my eye on that too , looking good for my location( DE11) by the time it gets this far inland, it wont be as intense but possibly give maybe an hour of snow?

Posted

ive got my eye on that too , looking good for my location( DE11) by the time it gets this far inland, it wont be as intense but possibly give maybe an hour of snow?

I'm a 4 miles SE of you..I'm hoping for the same however melting here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Yep it hit the coast as rain from Rhyl to Southport, but in the last 10 mins has turned widely to sleet and hail.

Liverpool city is reporting heavy sleet.

I think this will turn to snow pretty quickly and give some an absolute hammering tongiht.

It looks like a Cheshire Streamer of an extreme type.

Good luck to everyone.

MIA

• Like 2

Posted

Worries me that alot of it is falling as rain further north but hear the skys are clear and a harsh frost everywhere and also nice snow cover so not to worried about the temps

Posted

Latest nmm buries the east midlands in snow by 3am!!

Love your enthusiasm mate, but that's a little mis-leading, it looks like some could do well, some may not do so! 

Hopefully everyone gets a bit of the white stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

One of those nights when I don't want to have to sleep! Currently 1.5oC here and fingers crossed for a dumping of snow later on.

Posted

Worries me that alot of it is falling as rain further north but hear the skys are clear and a harsh frost everywhere and also nice snow cover so not to worried about the temps

I did try to warn you.  :hi:

Posted

I'm a 4 miles SE of you..I'm hoping for the same however melting here

yeah ive got the dreaded drip drip of the thawing snow, but i think any precipitation that falls will be snow, especially as we will be on the eastern side of this polar low.