Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

The new MO warning for the Midlands this evening...

Showers of sleet, snow and hail will continue through the rest of Thursday and into Friday morning, although at lower levels there will be a gradual trend towards rain and sleet from Thursday evening onwards. This will bring a risk of further snow, especially on higher ground, along with icy stretches on untreated surfaces.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel.

This is an update to the warning issued on Monday to extend the warning a little further southeast into parts of the Midlands, and also to include ice as a hazard. 

So as mentioned earlier, this evenings front will be mostly rain for everyone. 

New yellow warnings issued for snow and ice for all of the midlands for tonight and tomorrow lol dont you just love the weather

Showers from the west continue to break up before reaching here, a biting wind continues with wind generally from SW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

New yellow warnings issued for snow and ice for all of the midlands for tonight and tomorrow lol dont you just love the weather

Showers from the west continue to break up before reaching here, a biting wind continues with wind generally from SW

That's really weird. Why two seperate warnings issued so close to each other. Are they caused by seperate systems or something ? Confused..

On the plus side, "1 to 2 cm may settle almost anywhere, especially from late afternoon and into Thursday evening." Yey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

This weather is very confuseing my meto app just updated still showing heavy snow fall for midlands but we have had nothing all thats happening is the time keeps changing lol

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wrong !

Polar low on the way tonight, channel lows and slider lows very possible and beast from the east at end of many runs

Chin up lol

Failing that get on a train  to higher ground

Its hardly a polar low with uppers close to zero!

Posted

That new weather warning covers most of the mislands and the south east, they are clearly expecting some form of PPN to have no issue travelling not just into the midlands but all the way through the country and out the otherside. 

Posted

For the last 45 mins a dark cloud of snow has been approx 3 miles to my North I can see across fields to Cannock !! Bet it's getting hammered with snow :(

Here the odd flake in the wind

VERY FRUSTRATING

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

That lot towards the Nw should make it down here and the heaver showers will be of snow.... The Q is will make it ? I'm in Radar mode..... http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Posted

For the last 45 mins a dark cloud of snow has been approx 3 miles to my North I can see across fields to Cannock !! Bet it's getting hammered with snow :(

Here the odd flake in the wind

VERY FRUSTRATING

Don't worry I have the exact same thing. Light clouds and blue sky above me, but just 5 or 10 miles north of here I can see dark PPN clouds over the whole of Leicester.

Posted

Just had a text to collect the kids from school. 5 miles down the road where my hubby works nothing !!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Whatever falls out of the sky looks like it will bypass here.

Posted

There should be a Weather Warning here for Bright Sunshine.  :D  That's all I have.

Posted

As i said a couple of days ago!! There is a troughy feature thats comes through tonight where on the eastern side of it will be snow (east midlands)!! And then western side will be rain/sleet (west midlands)!! Looks like am gona be spot on but you never know! !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Its hardly a polar low with uppers close to zero!

You are right. I should have called it a disturbance. Experience has taught me however that with strong winds involved, temperatures can easily be reduced by a few degrees. One can hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

This weather is very confuseing my meto app just updated still showing heavy snow fall for midlands but we have had nothing all thats happening is the time keeps changing lol

Yep! Nick F  Net Weathers Senior forecaster said just 30 mins ago;

More organised sleet/snow pushing across N Ireland later today then spreading SE across Wales, Midlands, SW England - but uncertainty over how far east.

Radars at the ready folks :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

That lot towards the Nw should make it down here and the heaver showers will be of snow.... The Q is will make it ? I'm in Radar mode..... http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

Yh dancer my thoughts exactly i wonder if thats why i have heavy snow warnings at 12pm nothing since 9 looking outside my window at work just very dark clouds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy snow continues here..

• Like 1

Posted

I hope tonight is good as these showers have been pathetic for

me so far.

I am sure it will somehow miss my area or turn to rain if it does get

here! Smashes head against brick wall!

Posted

Very heavy snow continues here..

You would kop it all again would nt you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Tonight looks likely to be rain anywhere west of Derby/Notts IMO - so expect nothing and if you get nothing, you can't moan. You will only be dissapointed The Wolf if you expect snow, which you shouldn't be this evening. Hope I'm wrong though! Where is this mysterious second warning? Seems stupid to put 2 out in a short space of time.

Posted

As i said a couple of days ago!! There is a troughy feature thats comes through tonight where on the eastern side of it will be snow (east midlands)!! And then western side will be rain/sleet (west midlands)!! Looks like am gona be spot on but you never know! !

I can only see it being an extremely marginal mix (as usual) again tonight. In such situations it requires the heavy precip such as that presently over the Peak District to turn it to snow, but then would it settle to any extent with temps above 0c?

Edited by TonyH