Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Quick pic here of snow blowing through..

post-12319-0-29266500-1422450520_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

shame the wind cant move a tad more northerly to bring those heavy streamers down our way.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Temp dropped from a balmy 9ºC this morning to 2ºC and a dew point of -3ºC now.

Had a couple of very light brief graupel showers in the last half hour.

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

its all very well with the weather turning colder but if we continue to get snow showers rather than a heavy period of snow it will never settle on the already sodden ground surely?

Posted

Dosent look like a great deal of interest here until tomorrow if I'm honest, obviously suprises can pop up

Remember guys, prepare for the blizzard in the Midlands between feb 5th-8th as I am down in London, it's inevitable I tell you!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Dosent look like a great deal of interest here until tomorrow if I'm honest, obviously suprises can pop up

Remember guys, prepare for the blizzard in the Midlands between feb 5th-8th as I am down in London, it's inevitable I tell you!

no mild from the west by then 12Z's will show this, our best chance of snow is from 1-4 Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

post-10485-0-62740900-1422451735.pngSomebody in the Scotland thread posted this asking what it is??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

its all very well with the weather turning colder but if we continue to get snow showers rather than a heavy period of snow it will never settle on the already sodden ground surely?

Here, at least, the roads/pavements are now almost dry thanks to sun and the strong drying wind. Grass is a different story, admittedly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

My weather apps are telling me we have snow in the mids from 0900 to 10pm and then through the night some heavy patches at times !! Im not holding my breath lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The MetO warnings are oh, so wonderful. Yes, I know they're entirely as expected in this setup, and I know they're general predictions and not cast-iron certainties, but still.

Snow to the east of them, snow to the west of them, snow to the north of them, into the valley of eternal snowlessness trudged the ten million (Midlanders).

• Like 1

Posted

Very lively shower...... Lasted twenty five minutes, had large hail then huge snow flakes then smaller drier snowflakes, hills are all white we have slushy covering.....bodes well for later..... 0c dew -2c

• Like 1

Posted

NW Radar shows rain/snow showers heading towards Brum, with the bulk currently over Ludlow.

Posted

Almost blizzard like conditions here, With the hills just a white blur..

Temp 2.7c

Dp -0.2c

Wind Chill -2.7c

Gusting 47mph N/W

• Like 2

Posted

MetOffice and BBC Weather app showing snow nearly all day in Leicester tomorrow. Bit of sleet late this evening with heavy snow from mid morning tomorrow becoming lighter then heavier and lighter again throughout the day. Bit surprised I must say.

Posted

Dont worry. What do the forcasters know lol

Did you see the Midlands Today forecast? Shafali had us down for 11C at 4 this afternoon! Has she been outside in the last coupl of hours? It's been around the 4-5C mark since 10 this morning.

• Like 2

Posted

NW Radar shows rain/snow showers heading towards Brum, with the bulk currently over Ludlow.

Yep, we had a snow shower from that lot. Passing over very quickly. Looks like some interesting stuff headed towards Notts right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this, the flow of air needs to move another 20 degrees or so. 

Posted

The extreme northern edge of one of those just clipped Bewdley -- sadly just sleety rain here, nothing to get excited about. Too far S to be headed for Birmingham and seemed to be dying out anyway. Western horizon now largely clear again.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

The forecasts are a waste of time in these current marginal conditions.

Nowcasting via radar and lamposts and looking out the window is more reliable.