Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick L

2014/15 FA Cup

Surprised there isn't a thread for this already! But let's keep FA Cup discussion away from the league threads. I'll be away for the final so we'd better not get there...

Meanwhile, Bradford have equalised after being 2-0 down to Chelsea!

Bradford with what has to be one of the biggest upsets of modern times, incredible.

Spurs, Man City and Southampton all out. Blimey, lesser PL sides must be rubbing their hands with glee - I sure am!

Last nights result now seems ok

City out

Chelsea out

THFC out

Southampton out

And all lost at home!

Last nights result now seems ok

City out

Chelsea out

THFC out

Southampton out

And all lost at home!

Just need Heskey to come back and haunt Liverpool now :D

Just need Heskey to come back and haunt Liverpool now :D

That's why I love the FA cup, yes would love to win it again, but love the fact Cambridge get there money game, and with today's results who knows they might beat us? And fair play if they do, as I love to see the underdogs beating the big boys, even my own club

Paddy Power: "A tenner double of Boro to win 2-0 and Bradford to win 4-2 would have returned £355,710 and a trip to your local mental hospital."

We've just knocked city out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Man U's result doesn't look bad now after today's results

:rofl:

Chelsea humbled by Bradford, City embarrassed by Middlesborough .....

makes United's draw against Cambridge almost respectable!

Swansea - Out
Spurs - Out
Chelsea - Out
Man City - Out
Southampton - Out

Amazing day in the FA Cup

There are now just 10 top flight teams left in the Cup, only 3 are definitely in the next round.

Fair play to Mourinho, he's gone into the Bradford dressing room to congratulate every player. 

Paddy Power: "A tenner double of Boro to win 2-0 and Bradford to win 4-2 would have returned £355,710 and a trip to your local mental hospital."

Sky Sports News reported, a double for Boro & Bradford to win was 289-1

Anyway well done Baggies from a Blues fan  :wink:

Sky Sports News reported, a double for Boro & Bradford to win was 289-1

Anyway well done Baggies from a Blues fan  :wink:

Cheers :D We'll do Villa in the next round if they make it :p

Cheers :D We'll do Villa in the next round if they make it :p

Prefer the lowest team still in the cup to beat them just for the humiliation factor   :laugh:

Then again they have to get past Bournemouth tomorrow yet!!!!!

All that guff spouted yesterday about United....football is a funny old game, especially the FA Cup. At least we're still in it and have a real shot at winning it now!

All that guff spouted yesterday about United....football is a funny old game, especially the FA Cup. At least we're still in it and have a real shot at winning it now!

The only realistic sniff of silverware left for United this season so I would expect them to go for it...just the obstacle of getting past Cambridge at the 2nd attempt first! But then again, if you get through you are even more of a target team than normal being the only "big" side left.

Careful you will get shot down for that! Man United winning anything this season, everyone seems to think that is laughable

Careful you will get shot down for that! Man United winning anything this season, everyone seems to think that is laughable

Well the FA Cup I would put United down as favourites for it now (we're 5th favourites, that's how crazy today has been!!). It's winning the title that's a very farfetched suggestion.

The only realistic sniff of silverware left for United this season so I would expect them to go for it...just the obstacle of getting past Cambridge at the 2nd attempt first! But then again, if you get through you are even more of a target team than normal being the only "big" side left.

Arsenal are still in it and as their best chance of silverware and with the unusual results today, they must fancy their chance to retain the cup.

Well the FA Cup I would put United down as favourites for it now (we're 5th favourites, that's how crazy today has been!!). It's winning the title that's a very farfetched suggestion.

I don't think most Man United fans realistically thought we would the title? But we can start seeing the future, and the team we are trying to build! Our aim this season is to get back to the Champions league, and that I still think is possible

But I can see us in with a real shout of winning this now, and getting in to Europe a good season compared to last

What a day's results: Chelsea, Tottenham, Southampton and Man City...Arsenal and Liverpool too?

Arsenal are still in it and as their best chance of silverware and with the unusual results today, they must fancy their chance to retain the cup.

Strange to say it at the 4th round stage, but if we get past Brighton we really have no excuse for not doing so!

The early rounds are so much more exciting if the Prem teams are kept apart.

Pleasing to see that Blues fans joined in the applause for Jeff Astle. Always had a soft spot for Birmingham - any fans that hate Wolves and Villa are alright in my book!

5th round draw will take place at around 19:20 during the one show on Monday

Ball numbers

1. Crystal Palace

2. Cambridge United or Manchester United

3. Blackburn Rovers

4. Bradford City

5. Derby County

6. Preston North End or Sheffield United

7. West Bromwich Albion

8. Aston Villa or AFC Bournemouth

9. Reading

10. Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers

11. Leicester City

12. Brighton & Hove Albion or Arsenal

13. Rochdale or Stoke City

14. Sunderland or Fulham

15. Bristol City or West Ham United

16. Middlesbrough

Another goalless half of football for Aston Nilla.