Sign in to follow this  
lukemc

February 1991/Jan 1987 in the Liverpool/Merseyside Area

Hi,

I am curious to how much snow Liverpool/Merseyside got in February 1991 - I know that we did not get as much snow as eastern parts of the country but how much snow did we get as I have difficulty remembering it someone on this board mentioned he measured 15cm not to far from me so would that be about right? I am sure we must have had some snow lying in Liverpool from this event.

Also - did we get much snow in Liverpool in January 1987 I think we did not get much due to the Peninnes - maybe it was a small amount of powder snow that lasted for a while because it was so cold - it would be nice to find some photos of Liverpool in these months to see what the situation was in my area re: snow.

Luke 

• Like 2

Hi,

I am curious to how much snow Liverpool/Merseyside got in February 1991 - I know that we did not get as much snow as eastern parts of the country but how much snow did we get as I have difficulty remembering it someone on this board mentioned he measured 15cm not to far from me so would that be about right? I am sure we must have had some snow lying in Liverpool from this event.

Also - did we get much snow in Liverpool in January 1987 I think we did not get much due to the Peninnes - maybe it was a small amount of powder snow that lasted for a while because it was so cold - it would be nice to find some photos of Liverpool in these months to see what the situation was in my area re: snow.

Luke 

I can't vouch for Liverpool, however, here we only managed couple of inches or so of snow from the easterly of Feb 91. I remember the snow streaming in on the Friday of the first week, I think it was the 8th, but not much after. It stuck around for a good week at least over the half term holidays, perfect timing. Jan 87 I can't recall depths.

• Like 1

February 1991 was very cold. I worked on the Wirral back then and I remember going to Chester Zoo in the half term. Probably 4 or 5 inches of lying snow at the Zoo but only an inch in Bromborough. January 1987, not a lot of snow at sea level but we had 3 or 4 inches up here.

Pete 

• Like 1