Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy H

Eric Cantona 20 years on

A great player, but still one of the most appalling acts witnessed on a football pitch.

Still can't believe Leeds gave him to United ! :)

A great player, but still one of the most appalling acts witnessed on a football pitch.

For once Nick we agree!! 

but if you read the article, Pallister does say he was abused by fans at every ground! And this particular fan ran down from a few rows back, and when he got no reaction from his comments he called his mother a whore! yes he was wrong but sometimes human nature takes over and you react!

i have read up a lot on this, and seen a lot of articles from fans in the stand that evening saying he got what he deserved

but i do agree he should of carried on walking and never got involved

Still can't believe Leeds gave him to United ! :)

neither can i, although when i heard the news i felt as if we had made a mistake, even for a million! i thought this will never work out, but he is one of my favourite players of all time

For once Nick we agree!! 

but if you read the article, Pallister does say he was abused by fans at every ground! And this particular fan ran down from a few rows back, and when he got no reaction from his comments he called his mother a whore! yes he was wrong but sometimes human nature takes over and you react!

i have read up a lot on this, and seen a lot of articles from fans in the stand that evening saying he got what he deserved

but i do agree he should of carried on walking and never got involved

Yes, i agree Andy, what Eric done that day was VERY wrong, and two wrongs certainly don't make a right, but if someone called my mum a w**** i know exactly what i would do! Some people may say it take's a better man to just walk away from a situation like that, but in the heat of the moment it's impossible to say what your reaction would be.

Don't get me wrong, i don't fully approve what Cantona done, but i 'can' understand why he reacted the way he did.

That video was class! I'm a Utd fan of 36 years. Eric's certainly in my top 5 Utd players of all time.

Long live the King!

I loved Eric, a master of the game . Even love him better for leaving the enemy that was Leeds United ( remember them ) for 1 million pounds . A bargin ! Should have given him freedom of the Kingdom. Racist attacks got a lesser ban than he did !

C

I loved Eric, a master of the game . Even love him better for leaving the enemy that was Leeds United ( remember them ) for 1 million pounds . A bargin ! Should have given him freedom of the Kingdom. Racist attacks got a lesser ban than he did !

C

Agreed.

Leeds United - Who are they? Lol.

Agreed.

Leeds United - Who are they? Lol.

I remember them when they were one of the best teams in England/ Europe. A team to be feared, Reaney, Madeley, Cooper, Giles , Jones, Sniffer Clark, Hunter, Bremner just to name a few. Sad to see the decline but never liked their fans. They are spitefully to Man United, still are . Maybe one day they will be playing my old club Macclesfield Town in the Conference, hopefully !

I loved Eric, a master of the game . Even love him better for leaving the enemy that was Leeds United ( remember them ) for 1 million pounds . A bargin ! Should have given him freedom of the Kingdom. Racist attacks got a lesser ban than he did !C

And it all started with a phone call from them trying to get Dennis Irwin!

some fans can be very abusive and don't deserve to be at the games!

I remember them when they were one of the best teams in England/ Europe. A team to be feared, Reaney, Madeley, Cooper, Giles , Jones, Sniffer Clark, Hunter, Bremner just to name a few. Sad to see the decline but never liked their fans. They are spitefully to Man United, still are . Maybe one day they will be playing my old club Macclesfield Town in the Conference, hopefully !

Not nice fans at all, I was at one game at old Trafford, against Leeds and Lee chapman scored, next thing I know we were bombarded with toy sheep set on fire! Might sound funny but when you are underneath an Avalanche of burning sheep it's quite scary!

The Leeds fans used to be so abusive to Sir Alex. I witnessed it first hand one year. It was unreal the stick he used to received off them.

The Leeds fans suffer 'some' abuse themselves though when they visit Old Trafford. It's part and parcel of a bitter rivalry i guess...

The Leeds fans used to be so abusive to Sir Alex. I witnessed it first hand one year. It was unreal the stick he used to received off them.

The Leeds fans suffer 'some' abuse themselves though when they visit Old Trafford. It's part and parcel of a bitter rivalry i guess...

I and my family have been spit on at Elland Road. Back a few years ago now. Hate the place. Love my football, have to get my fix with watching Salzburg Red Bull, not a bad out fit these days. Watch all Premier Games on Sky and quite a few of the locals are Red Devil Fans and meet up in the pub when they play .

I and my family have been spit on at Elland Road. Back a few years ago now. Hate the place. Love my football, have to get my fix with watching Salzburg Red Bull, not a bad out fit these days. Watch all Premier Games on Sky and quite a few of the locals are Red Devil Fans and meet up in the pub when they play .

Yeah, some of those Leeds fans are Animals. Disgusting!!

Great stuff. Am hoping for at least a top 4 finish this season. We need to get back in the Champions league (where we belong) as soon as possible. And really hoping we can lift the FA Cup this year. We haven't won it since 2004. That's far too long in my opinion.

Great stuff. Am hoping for at least a top 4 finish this season. We need to get back in the Champions league (where we belong) as soon as possible. And really hoping we can lift the FA Cup this year. We haven't won it since 2004. That's far too long in my opinion.

I am sure Van Gaals experience will guide us back to the Champions League. Unable to see the cup game over here. Will have to look at BBC World news sport updates.

Before this just turns in to a Man united thread! No matter how I would love it too

This is about the King

http://youtu.be/SpDS4hm_kQY

Oops, sorry for straying off-topic there Andy.

As you say, this thread should remain solely for King Eric, and rightly so  :good:

Lol they hate us millwall fans - millwall are given a unfair reputation. We are one of the most charitable clubs in football league, I do not like Leeds fan something fiery about them. Not all of them are bad.

Lol they hate us millwall fans - millwall are given a unfair reputation. We are one of the most charitable clubs in football league, I do not like Leeds fan something fiery about them. Not all of them are bad.

Do you know I have been to a hell of a lot of grounds including Millwall, and the one place I have really felt at risk was Aston Villa!! It was a midweek game, great atmosphere inside but as soon as we got out, we were walked along a street by the police and helicopter! With villa fans down every side road baying for our blood!

Do you know I have been to a hell of a lot of grounds including Millwall, and the one place I have really felt at risk was Aston Villa!! It was a midweek game, great atmosphere inside but as soon as we got out, we were walked along a street by the police and helicopter! With villa fans down every side road baying for our blood!

Might start a topic on this, could get some fun stories...

That video was class! I'm a Utd fan of 36 years. Eric's certainly in my top 5 Utd players of all time.

Long live the King!

Great watching those You tube pictures. Yes, Eric would be in my top 5 all time United players, including Bobby Charlton,Peter the Great Dane,George Best, Paddy Crerrand. Of course, probably Duncun Edwards would have been top of the list, sad he was cut down before his prime.

C