Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

This could be torture watching this! Was going to do an all nighter, but it's going to drive me mad! Seems to be weakening, but sure it will pep up again, so might just go to bed and what will be will be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I'm going to bed and hoping

To wake up to a miracle!

Would normally stay up all night but MOT first thing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

My earlier estimate of Liverpool to NW Wales would now be refined further west on looking at 90 minutes of radar scans.

Would put the Low closer to Dublin Bay now, so next few hours will be critical to see if it can get any eastwards momentum!

You still got settled snow in Eastwood Paul? 

Posted

Steve, it's a small dynamic low travelling over a small island, it can pep up as it traverses across UK west of London. It's not crossing a continent.

Invent METO has been excellent with predictive PPN. Not that you would notice.

Currently 4am West of London looks good.

Its not utter nonsense at all!

Wow, they lose their intensity as they have no moisture to play with over land, in simple terms.

And the invent radar is just that,it invents stuff, its not accurate, its a projection.

Posted

Steve, it's a small dynamic low travelling over a small island, it can pep up as it traverses across UK west of London. It's not crossing a continent.

Invent METO has been excellent with predictive PPN. Not that you would notice.

Currently 4am West of London looks good.

As NickL just said( a paid forecaster and Netweather forecaster)

We are certainly starting to see it decay now as it encounters land.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

SNOWING :D   :D

and it sucks.... Flurry

Edited by TruthSpeaker

Posted

And another 3 inches of grit on the Croydon pavements again, like the other week! Plays havoc with your

shoes! Not another Day After Tomorrow Croydon Cobra meeting Yamkin! Joking :)

I can confirm a reasonable dusting on top of Gravel Hill, when I came over there earlier this evening, though.

Tom.

The other week when gritters were deployed was all down to the MetO's snow forecast which was incorrect  :diablo:

MetO are very confident that the polar low's energy will intensify in the early hours giving our shores a covering of snow  :D

• Like 3

Posted

I have set my alarm for 3am NMM looks very good for some in this region. It is expected to decay a little and then get its act together hopefully well that is the plan! :) it is nice many have today have seen some snow even not on the biblical side. But it does alleviate frustration, considerable uncertainty with the track.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

The moons out but we still continuously have "flakes" about a 3 on the scale in Gravesend nice to see even though it's not settling.

How much are temps expected to change before the low moves in?

Posted

And another 3 inches of grit on the Croydon pavements again, like the other week! Plays havoc with your

shoes! Not another Day After Tomorrow Croydon Cobra meeting Yamkin! Joking :)

I can confirm a reasonable dusting on top of Gravel Hill, when I came over there earlier this evening, though.

Tom.

Hi Tom / Yammers  :)  More grit than snow eh ??

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I live in the Croydon area and we have had gritters out every night for the last couple of weeks.

Think they've been a bit over optimistic then. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

This sucks, I get excited over it snowing and it's nothing but a flake fart! I've seen worse drizzle... 

Pah winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I think it is just a case of waiting and seeing what happens. The models still disagree on the track and this is only at 6 or so hours out.

I can't be bothered to stay up, especially with a cold developing :p

FAX charts for Monday/Tuesday

post-17424-0-40892900-1422573546_thumb.gpost-17424-0-52692200-1422573547_thumb.g

Right this is a little complicated

First off, there is a low which will bring snow to Canada on Saturday, this low is currently modelled to run over the Atlantic ridge and drop south west of the UK. Now we also see a wave develop on the western flank of the Euro trough, this looks set to run southwards through the UK Monday night into Tuesday. There is the potential for a spell of significant snow, highest risk appears to be the western side of the region at the moment. The east will continue to see snow showers coming in off the north sea.

Temperatures - both days probably 1-3C, maybe a 4C on the south coast or London.

Just a heads up, this cold northerly could very well just be the beginning.

ECM day 7 mean

EDM1-168.GIF?29-0

GFS day 7 mean

gens-21-1-168.png

A growing trend to sink low heights into central/southern Europe with an east to north east flow developing. If this did happen then we could see temperatures fall even further during the second half of next week. One to watch.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 7

Posted

Other than losing intensity my other concern is the track, its far more westerly than some un-named rampers would have you believe,it may increase its track to a SE trajectory but right now its not on that path

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

well im going to last as long as possible, last wk i stayed up until 1.30am, with no snow , then i collapsed in my bed,so going to try  :)

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow reported to the NW - this should be coming our way even in Preston! I really think this will catch some out by surprise and could be problematic, not talking from a solely SE perspective, I hope the energy is good yamkin. :p

Posted

ok NickL says it's decaying. And that's it's. Nothing to see here. Ignore METO invent, and other data.

Posted

lamppost watch ends in 35 minutes time.......The bleedin council turn the lights out at midnight!!

That is sooo crap. Luckily ours stay on.

Jason .. you should put some security lights in your drive. We have emerged... Great for spotting even the tiniest flakes :)