Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Moving on...... All eyes on the radar an interesting night coming up and a welcome surprise!

some they interesting showers  heading to our region  some of us could have a nice surprise  in the morning!!  i.e  5  o clock getting up   to go to work!!!

nope, just the majority

40% of benefits is paid to pensioners! Beware of the Government propaganda to make everyone believe that "scroungers" are the ones bleeding this country - tax avoidance is the biggest crime which highly paid people/large companies are very good at!!!

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a little surprise come morning, I want to hear myself saying "They only said a few centimeters!!" Lol! I can dream!x

• Like 4

I see a lot of METO and BBC bashing in the previous pages!

It's very easy to be a keyboard warrior and dislike any information given to you free of charge. Don't forget, the METO do this for YOU for FREE, and if you can do better on your PC or iphone than a supercomputer then you might have a reason to complain!

Personally for me the weather will do what it will do, no point in getting all frustrated over a forecast made on such a dynamic and rapidly evolving subject.

I see a lot of METO and BBC bashing in the previous pages!

It's very easy to be a keyboard warrior and dislike any information given to you free of charge. Don't forget, the METO do this for YOU for FREE, and if you can do better on your PC or iphone than a supercomputer then you might have a reason to complain!

Personally for me the weather will do what it will do, no point in getting all frustrated over a forecast made on such a dynamic and rapidly evolving subject.

The meto data isn't free. It's paid for by taxpayers. And I pay my TV license too, so the BBC service isn't free either. And everyone is at liberty to express their opinion.

• Like 1

We should have a vote... 

All in favor of the polar low to deliver tonight say "YEAHHHHHH"

All that don't say "nahhhhh"

Lol

Interesting night to come :)

• Like 1

But if these conditions so we are told are ripe for instability won't that help keeping it together?

Honest question.

No one knows as Steve Murr mentioned earlier on polar lows are known to go tame for a little and then gather momentum such is that nature of such system. I expect it to do just fine...9:30 update will be interesting. :)

Polar low: A polar low is a small-scale, short-lived atmospheric low pressure system (depression) that is found over the ocean areas poleward of the main polar front in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Not standard stuff ^

• Like 1

Like I said earlier... 

Told you so.  :cold:  :rofl:

Snow line now into London... Anything from now till tomorrow midday SHOULD be off snow  :D

Was waiting for the first I told ya so :) Saw yours earlier n knew it. Had mostly graupel / sleet around 5 but can confirm there was was a short period of snowy stuff. Looking at radar next couple of hours, showers to NW seem to be dying a bit atm, those over NI heading our way also decaying atm. Fingers crossed for a bit of decent snow if not overnight then the weekend.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Be positive.... You never know. If your not gonna be positive and just plain negative because of the previous cold spells do one... Ha

Temp 1.7c DP -3

• Like 1

No one knows as Steve Murr mentioned earlier on polar lows are known to go tame for a little and then gather momentum such is that nature of such system. I expect it to do just fine...9:30 update will be interesting. :)

Polar low: A polar low is a small-scale, short-lived atmospheric low pressure system (depression) that is found over the ocean areas poleward of the main polar front in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Not standard stuff ^

cheers mate

Back to

Hoping your map is right then

I can report even in the snow shield that is north northants it's started snowing heavy and have a couple of cm s. Settle very quickly.

Great to hear.

I must say the line responsible for that was not really expected to get so far East, and at present showers seem to be re-forming around the M1 sort of area, so potentially an early surprise for some, especially in the West of the region.

SK