Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Hope your track is spot on Daniel

As do I, I will not make any further changes. You live and learn, I'd be pretty happy if it came close.

Dinner time ciao :hi:

• Like 1

Very tough call on the polar low right now, but what is definitely happening is a building of convection on the leading edge, which is helping the showers build very nicely indeed through the Cheshire Gap... Those showers, should they reach us, should be beginning to hit the NW of our region in about 90 minutes.

Looking very interesting right now, this could work out well for some, if not all of us.

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 1

You only live once! my newly *updated* graphic concerning polar low

hatched lines indicates *possible* swathe under threat

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Just created a chart myself, very similar thinking it seems

post-7073-0-69604500-1422556345_thumb.jp

Accumulations likely to be limited to more higher ground, lower levels possibly more of a wintry mix? especially to the West

• Like 1

Personally.. Given all the different views.. I am slightly excited about tonight but who knows only time will tell.. Look at the stuff leaving Wales now.. Will it make it? Who knows..

Did anyone get any snow along the south coast from the 2 bands of snow/rain?

We had rain  :sorry:

Hoping for something/anything tonight.... :cc_confused:

I'm in Ashurst near Steyning so not far away. Had a short burst that left a tiny amount on the grass and bins, but when I left work (Gatwick) there was about 1cm settled everywhere. Damn that coastal effect!

• Like 1

Apologies to all members for my downbeat moaning. I have since been proved wrong as I have already seen falling snow today! Here's hoping for more.

Agree that the track looks good for our region. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Did anyone get any snow along the south coast from the 2 bands of snow/rain?

We had rain  :sorry:

Hoping for something/anything tonight.... :cc_confused:

Thin, slightly crunchy layer on the top of the grass here in southern Hailsham.

• Like 1

Jo F just said that it will decay once it moves over land. Seem to have conflicting views here. Wonder who will be correct ?. Would be great if we could wake up to a wintery landscape tomorrow.

And yet the BBC regional forecast said the chance of heavy snowfall around 3-4am tomorrow morning..

• Like 1