Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Polar lows die out quickly when hitting land. If it's a proper polar low, it'd be a busted flush by the time it tracked here, over land from NW Scotland.

It spawned from another low, though - A disturbance was always forecasted to track South across the country overnight and then clear SEwards during the early hours, thats where we expect our snow to come from.

The PL is a bit of a bonus and will probably have a slight effect on forecasted tracking

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Driving from Swalecliffe to the mothers in hillier regions of Strood around 40 mins ago it went from nothing falling until I reached near to Gillingham on M2- heavy burst of sleet followed by a few flakes once I reached the mothers- hopefully by the time the next showers reach this far east the temp would have tipped the balance; -) good to hear the snowy reports from Surrey, Herts etc

Edited by Kentspur

Driving from Swalecliffe to the mothers in hillier regions of Strood around 40 mind ago it went from nothing falling until I reached near to Gillingham on M2- heavy burst of sleet followed by a few flakes once I reached the mothers- hopefully by the time the next showers reach this far east the temp would have tipped the balance; -) good to hear the snowy reports from Surrey, Herts etc

This next band should be better for our area!

• Like 1

I'm cautiously optimistic regarding the polar low Nick has said Euro4 puts it further E with more cold air in circulation. I expect some in this region to be a recipient. And if it goes well you can expect a real good time.

• Like 1

well well well,, just had heavy downpour here,, and everything is covered in snow pellets (or frost hail)

Ollllllah!!!! Feeling hot hot hot!! See not all too bad buddy :) more to come too later on (hopefully)

2nd band just gone through and most definately rain here as well in Leigh On Sea.

Temperature has now dropped to 3c though, so for Steve that 2nd band was certainly NOT All snow mate

Ollllllah!!!! Feeling hot hot hot!! See not all too bad buddy :) more to come too later on (hopefully)

blow some more this way... but dont take an extra strongs mints, or it will just be of rain!!