Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Heavy, blizzardy looking sleety rain started in Epsom about 20mins ago and is now rapidly turning to proper settling snow! Omg first flakes in 2yrs! I hope the showers overnight get bigger and longer!!xx

Nearly fell off my chair when I looked up! xx

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Just drove from Larkfield back to Gillingham.

Started at 6 degrees with wet snow as I left, and drove through - sleet, rain, wet snow, heavy snow, nothing and ended with very light rain at 2 degrees in Gillingham.

Transient doesn't even sum that up!

Wow, that was incredible in Guildford just now. Heavy hail shower turning the ground white turning to heavy snow and now steady snow continuing. Everything white over/

• Like 1

anyone else seeing some brilliant mammatus cloud after the thundersnow hail event. Looks terrific 

Yes I did, over Chafford Hundred as I left Lakeside shopping centre, and after a heavy, splodgy sleet shower. I was hoping someone else would have seen them!

Outside my office now...

Love it was the ground sodden from the rain & sleety stuff beforehand and how long did it take to lay? :)

Edited by Daniel*

Heavy, blizzardy looking sleety rain started in Epsom about 20mins ago and is now rapidly turning to proper settling snow! Omg first flakes in 2yrs! I hope the showers overnight get bigger and longer!!xx

Exactly the same here just turned to snow after strong winds and sleet, think its a bit wet here for settling snow however, but we shall see.. can't complain first flakes for nearly two years :D

The MetO warning map sums this whole event up! It's a complete mess. 

The forecasters don't really have a clue what's happening locally. The current MetO for the next few days has our area showing light snow, sleet, heavy snow, rain, sun, cloud and hail!

It's almost like they just shook up a bag of symbols and put them down at random!

Still think tonight we could get something.

• Like 2

The MetO warning map sums this whole event up! It's a complete mess. 

The forecasters don't really have a clue what's happening locally. The current MetO for the next few days has our area showing light snow, sleet, heavy snow, rain, sun, cloud and hail!

It's almost like they just shook up a bag of symbols and put them down at random!

Still think tonight we could get something.

Don't forget the thunder and lightning!

Just goes to show how much unstable air masses in a westerly breeze can offer. 

• Like 1