Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Sleeting in Orpington

Not here, it isn't?! Very dark, temp 5 degrees and dew point 1 degree. 

Edit: Heavy rain / sleey mix now. 

Edited by EWS

Those showers are passing through very quickly. Can't see any showers behind the main band. That could be it. 10 mins of rain lol. Looks dry for everyone shortly I think?

Those showers are passing through very quickly. Can't see any showers behind the main band. That could be it. 10 mins of rain lol. Looks dry for everyone shortly I think?

Not north of London it isn't! :nonono:

Light snow now, rate of melt seems = rate of accumulation, so amount staying just over 1 cm.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Not north of London it isn't! :nonono:

Snow is specific to certain areas that are in the colder air. Seems that south of London is still rain. But still got that band to come that's north of London.

Just chucked it down with hail before heavy snow, and now it's just a flurry, but wow that exciting we have a cm or two already on some surfaces and it was just 5 minutes. Everyone from the met department here's gone bonkers.

• Like 1