Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Gritters out in Medway and kent supposedly.

BBC Weather just showed a fair few blobs hitting all over throughout the night

• Like 1

Posted

Just saw the weather outlook by Alex Deakin on News 24.Good chance of snow on tomorrow. Then a lull in the afternoon followed by an increase in snow shower activity tomorrow night....and that's it, according to Alex Deakin.  Dry for the whole country over the weekend apart from the coasts. And dry into next week as well, with no mention whatsoever of any fronts coming down from the north. But probably too far out I would say?

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly thunder here (a few miles south-southwest of Norwich) during the passage of the cold fronts/squall line, those Netweather radar lightning overlay suggested they we to the east of my location.

I know there was thunder in your area, It was just Mikey is only a couple of miles from me, and I had not heard thunder? yet his original post seemed to say he had heard thunder, that's why I was asking.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Visited Mum in hospital, talked to ambulance crew man and he said they'd been given a snow warning for tomorrow. Just sayin'

• Like 1

Posted

Just saw the weather outlook by Alex Deakin on News 24.Good chance of snow on tomorrow. Then a lull in the afternoon followed by an increase in snow shower activity tomorrow night....and that's it, according to Alex Deakin.  Dry for the whole country over the weekend apart from the coasts. And dry into next week as well, with no mention whatsoever of any fronts coming down from the north. But probably too far out I would say?

I watched this too. He did mention at the end that the low that will will bring snow to Canada next week may track more our way as it follows the jet stream, but that they wasn't certain on that yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Just saw the weather outlook by Alex Deakin on News 24.Good chance of snow on tomorrow. Then a lull in the afternoon followed by an increase in snow shower activity tomorrow night....and that's it, according to Alex Deakin. Dry for the whole country over the weekend apart from the coasts. And dry into next week as well, with no mention whatsoever of any fronts coming down from the north. But probably too far out I would say?

The forecast for the weekend and next week was disappointing if you are looking for snow. If there was a chance of fronts coming down from the north over the weekend I would have thought Alex Deakin would have mentioned the possibility, even with the provisio that there was uncertainty, rather than just saying it would be dry. Conflicts with a lot of the comments on here and in the model thread.

Edited by SussexmarkyMark

Posted

For your region yes! But for the rest of the SE we are in the firing line for the first proper time this winter.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry Andy if I said that, I just get excited and happy for other people in my region if they get interesting weather.

Lets hope we get a dumping of Hertfordshire snow :D

No worries pal, nothing to be sorry about.

A few flakes in two years about time we got dumped on!

Posted

For your region yes! But for the rest of the SE we are in the firing line for the first proper time this winter.

Which region are you talking about? This is the SE regional thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's a shame that low pressure system to the west of the uk for Monday can't head east a little and give us southerns a good old blizzard.

your wish is the 18z GFS run command lol (albeit tuesday)

post-15543-0-80531300-1422484014_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

The forecast for the weekend and next week was disappointing if you are looking for snow. If there was a chance of fronts coming down from the north over the weekend I would have thought Alex Deakin would have mentioned the possibility, even with the provisio that there was uncertainty, rather than just saying it would be dry. Conflicts with a lot of the comments on here and in the model thread.

I agree...if this is the case, then a really disapponting cold spell, apart from tomorrow's promised snow.  And tbh, it doesn't even appear to be that cold next week. 6c on Monday is hardly perisishing. It was colder than that at the end of last week!

Posted

Which region are you talking about? This is the SE regional thread?

Brighton, judging by your location!

Most stuff in the SE region is going to see something, some of us will get a covering, others a bit more and some of us will see a single flake in the lamp post light!

• Like 1

Posted

Watching the radar they must be having a rip roaring time up north!

Posted

Disturbance in the flow resulting in snowfall *Friday* really not far out! may catch some out.

post-19153-0-42667900-1422484128_thumb.j

I see a significant snow event by the time the cold spell is out! - Steve they do not put the gritters out for no reason - little excited for tomorrow will not get to post till 4 but by then hopefully I'll be sayin' something with snow featured, weather forecasts do not usually mention troughs, and such features until within a close timeframe; it will not be dry! GFS 18z is quite snowy for the SE at times.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Brighton, judging by your location!

Most stuff in the SE region is going to see something, some of us will get a covering, others a bit more and some of us will see a single flake in the lamp post light!

I wasn't referring to Brighton specifically. I was commenting on tbe BBC extended forecast at 21:55 when Alex Deakin showed dry weather throughout the weekend across the whole of the SE..... it was surprising, as it was at odds with earlier forecasts.

Later tomorrow looked the best chance of snow showers, although better in inland West Sussex, then he said sleety showers for Friday and a dry weekend. I hope he's wrong

Edited by SussexmarkyMark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

You have to laugh, when will people learn that the majority of snow events normally show up at very short notice. The beeb will not comment on snow until they are confident!!

• Like 1

Posted

Disturbance in the flow resulting in snowfall *Friday* really not far out! may catch some out.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I see a significant snow event by the time the cold spell is out! - Steve they do not put the gritters out for no reason - little excited for tomorrow will not get to post till 4 but by then hopefully I'll be sayin' something with snow featured, weather forecasts do not usually mention troughs, and such features until within a close timeframe; it will not be dry! GFS 18z is quite snowy for the SE at times.

mystic daniel

• Like 1