Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Sadly BBC are reporting a fishing boat is missing off dover with 4 souls aboard.

Perhaps nothing to do with the weather but with the squalls coming through I am sure it cannot of helped.

And here we are praying for a bit of snow... sometimes forget quite how dangerous the weather is for those who work offshore.

Oh no, I hope they manage to fine them well, somehow. 

We can only hope. 

The Temp is down to 3.6 here now and the dewpoint is'nt working as there is no underflow!!

Slight CAPE present during tomo afternoon which will enhance showers making them more beefy:

post-19153-0-52071900-1422480032_thumb.j

post-19153-0-70770700-1422480114_thumb.j

Precipitation:

post-19153-0-00855600-1422480160_thumb.j

Dew points:

post-19153-0-62513100-1422480251_thumb.j

Great for all

850s:

post-19153-0-88878700-1422480331_thumb.j

Ticks all the boxes - All the above suggest it is looking likely many will see some snaw since quite a while :)

Xcweather still saying snow from midnight for North Norfolk

I'm not expecting any snow in our region tonight because hernebaylooby hasn't posted. Clear here 3.3c!

Edited by lassie23

According to my iPhone app it's snowing where my parents live just outside lavenham suffolk

Xcweather still saying snow from midnight for North Norfolk

I can see why that precip looks to be tracking in line of the wash, Norfolk might get a covering.

You are in the ideal place best of luck - should be arriving by the time you mention, unless it dies. Whick seems unlikely to me considering there are some bright echoes not so far away from you.

Gives general area at risk probably more S extent we'll see. Might be off on one.

post-19153-0-29082700-1422481548_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Only just checked my local station, 3c and dewpoint -4. Going to stay online for about half hour then off to bed.

Temp 2.5oC

DP -0.3oC

Wind SSW

Can't see NW Surrey getting any snow showers tonight 😕

Absolutely freezing out tonight. Haven't felt so cold during training in a long time with the wind chill! We have had very cold evenings this winter so far yet this felt like the coldest of the lot. Stars are out so definitely no precip here till tomorrow lunch time I think.

As unreliable as they are, nice to see some wintry precip for our area tomorrow afternoon showing on tonight's GFS.  Fingers crossed:

gfs-2-24.png?18

Edited by Ice Day

226 pages worth on the Scotland forum. Not fair is it?

As unreliable as they are, nice to see some wintry precip for our area tomorrow afternoon.  Fingers crossed:

gfs-2-24.png?18

There are a couple of wave features which pass through the UK. This would explain the enhanced shower activity on the weather forecasts for tomorrow afternoon and overnight into Friday.

Friday Morning not without interest on the latest GFS - could be too warm though

post-4523-0-75776700-1422481862_thumb.pn

Edited by chionomaniac

226 pages worth on the Scotland forum. Not fair is it?

True but they dont get to sunbathe too much in the summer

There are a couple of wave features which pass through the UK. This would explain the enhanced shower activity on the weather forecasts for tomorrow afternoon and overnight into Friday.

Yep, there is definitely some potential.  It's an over-used term but worth repeating, get the cold in first, then anything can happen.  No cold - no snow!

Hello Andy, I work in stanstead abbotts. The squall lasted about 5-10 mins and was quite lively, should have filmed it on my phone. I heard there was thunder in Norwich but I couldn't hang around for reports here as I had so much to get done. :)

Certainly thunder here (a few miles south-southwest of Norwich) during the passage of the cold fronts/squall line, those Netweather radar lightning overlay suggested they we to the east of my location.

True but they dont get to sunbathe too much in the summer

Amen as much as I love snow... Night time elevated thunderstorms with the morning crud left over from the MCSs. Then the sun burns it all of business mid morning which leads to an amazing summers day.

Hahahahh I'll keep dreaming ;)

Glad to hear you got thunder Chris, I may be moving to Norfolk this year - great fishing and flatlands for stormchasing  :)

Lots of gritters out and about now!

Above freezing tonight due to the wind what does that mean? :yahoo: