Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Sadly BBC are reporting a fishing boat is missing off dover with 4 souls aboard.

Perhaps nothing to do with the weather but with the squalls coming through I am sure it cannot of helped.

And here we are praying for a bit of snow... sometimes forget quite how dangerous the weather is for those who work offshore.

Oh no, I hope they manage to fine them well, somehow. 

• Like 1

Slight CAPE present during tomo afternoon which will enhance showers making them more beefy:

post-19153-0-52071900-1422480032_thumb.j

post-19153-0-70770700-1422480114_thumb.j

Precipitation:

post-19153-0-00855600-1422480160_thumb.j

Dew points:

post-19153-0-62513100-1422480251_thumb.j

Great for all

850s:

post-19153-0-88878700-1422480331_thumb.j

Ticks all the boxes - All the above suggest it is looking likely many will see some snaw since quite a while :)

• Like 2

Xcweather still saying snow from midnight for North Norfolk

I can see why that precip looks to be tracking in line of the wash, Norfolk might get a covering.

You are in the ideal place best of luck - should be arriving by the time you mention, unless it dies. Whick seems unlikely to me considering there are some bright echoes not so far away from you.

Gives general area at risk probably more S extent we'll see. Might be off on one.

post-19153-0-29082700-1422481548_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Absolutely freezing out tonight. Haven't felt so cold during training in a long time with the wind chill! We have had very cold evenings this winter so far yet this felt like the coldest of the lot. Stars are out so definitely no precip here till tomorrow lunch time I think.

• Like 1

As unreliable as they are, nice to see some wintry precip for our area tomorrow afternoon showing on tonight's GFS.  Fingers crossed:

gfs-2-24.png?18

Edited by Ice Day
  • Like 2

As unreliable as they are, nice to see some wintry precip for our area tomorrow afternoon.  Fingers crossed:

gfs-2-24.png?18

There are a couple of wave features which pass through the UK. This would explain the enhanced shower activity on the weather forecasts for tomorrow afternoon and overnight into Friday.

There are a couple of wave features which pass through the UK. This would explain the enhanced shower activity on the weather forecasts for tomorrow afternoon and overnight into Friday.

Yep, there is definitely some potential.  It's an over-used term but worth repeating, get the cold in first, then anything can happen.  No cold - no snow!

• Like 1

Hello Andy, I work in stanstead abbotts. The squall lasted about 5-10 mins and was quite lively, should have filmed it on my phone. I heard there was thunder in Norwich but I couldn't hang around for reports here as I had so much to get done. :)

Certainly thunder here (a few miles south-southwest of Norwich) during the passage of the cold fronts/squall line, those Netweather radar lightning overlay suggested they we to the east of my location.

True but they dont get to sunbathe too much in the summer

Amen as much as I love snow... Night time elevated thunderstorms with the morning crud left over from the MCSs. Then the sun burns it all of business mid morning which leads to an amazing summers day.

Hahahahh I'll keep dreaming ;)