Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Have a DP 0 and temp 5.1 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Lovely T-storm earlier on: lightning, thunder, large hail and sleet. Now for the weekend?

I thought I saw a flash earlier when I was passing Eye up the A140....thought it was my eyes deceiving me.

Posted

I don't think Daniel is, just simply working out what tv forecasts have been viewed because the National and the Regional are showing different things, the regional also shows clear sky tonight.

I doubt we'll get anything by 6PM too early... wind direction at the moment is more favoured for East Anglia for the precip up north. Although any showers which may form to Wales, Gloucester area will come our way. I do expect snow shower to rattle through, when and where its hard to say.

5C & -2C DP slowly dropping...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Just heard on LBC Radio that it is 11c in London this afternoon. I think not......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I doubt we'll get anything by 6PM too early... wind direction at the moment is more favoured for East Anglia for the precip up north. Although any showers which may form to Wales, Gloucester area will come our way. I do expect snow shower to rattle through, when and where its hard to say.

5C & -2C DP slowly dropping...

We know, that's what the National Forecast was suppose to of said for our region...from 6pm. However the Regional shows it clear.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just heard on LBC Radio that it is 11c in London this afternoon. I think not......

Much as I enjoy listening to LBC, their weather service is hardly the best there is...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

I just seen a video forecast from Kate Kinsella and it doesn't show white over the region, if you have facebook go to the BBC South East page and you get the video forecasts there.

Here's the weather with Kate Kinsella

I think this is the link to that forecast .

https://m.facebook.com/BBCSouthEastToday

Posted

Well been catching up with the BBC forecasts and yet again it looks like a total joke for our region. When its cold enough the showers don't get here, when they do it's milder and they fall as rain. There were snow showers shown pushing through London during tomorrow afternoon but these were massively played down by Tomas. 

Sadly it looks as if I am going to be proved right – which I did not wish to be!!

Edited by Downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Winds become more favourable overnight. Though that's a lot of land these showers need to cross in order to reach us, probably dry for most

post-7073-0-15002100-1422462453_thumb.pn

Edited by Daniel Smith

Posted

Apparently we had a snow shower here in Peterborough this afternoon. Sadly I missed this though!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well been catching up with the BBC forecasts and yet again it looks like a total joke for our region. When its cold enough the showers don't get here, when they do it's milder and they fall as rain. There were snow showers shown pushing through London during tomorrow afternoon but these were been massively played down by Tomas. 

Sadly it looks as if I am going to be proved right – which I did not wish to be!!

I agree, I'm not optimistic about this cold spell as well, unless that wind shifts to the north east. Just expect a flurry, any more is a bonus

Posted

They probably said something along the lines of a high of 11C but of course that was before 10am when the cold fronts came through! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Hot, No inbetween please!!!!

Hi all, Here are the latest conditions here in Havant:

o6h0ti.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Temperature 5C, dew point -1C.

Mostly clear skies here, just a little patchy cloud.

The models still hinting at an organised band of snow moving south during the first half of next week. Before then there is still potential going by the models for showers to push through the UK to effect parts of our region, this looks more likely during the day tomorrow, that said there could be showers at any point.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Wow!!

My local wunderground station says temp 5.6c

Dewpoint -4c !!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Temperature 5C, dew point -1C.

Mostly clear skies here, just a little patchy cloud.

The models still hinting at an organised band of snow moving south during the first half of next week.

Problem is, it was originally shown for Sunday.

I feel, much like the last two cold spells the models are going to show promise in the medium term but once it moves into the reliable the risks will dwindle.

• Like 2

Posted

I agree, I'm not optimistic about this cold spell as well, unless that wind shifts to the north east. Just expect a flurry, any more is a bonus

post-19153-0-07770600-1422462904_thumb.j

Hmmm... Thursday lookin' good.

• Like 1