Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Bloomin Heck....someone pass the Prozac!

I don't get why some people are so downbeat! The old rule still applies, get the cold locked in and the snow will come.

Granted, Wednesday to Saturday we aren't in the most favourable location for anything out of the ordinary, although I imagine a good few will at least see a flake or two. It's from Sunday when things get more exciting, the northerly looks to be strong, with good uppers and impressive lapse rates. This in turn could (and probably will) mean plenty of troughs and more organised bands of showers pushing well inland and south. The lapse rates are also supportive of polar lows (which are difficult to forecast at T6 and best picked up nowcasting by radar). Plenty of other little disturbances and surprises are sure to come up. For the time being I'm looking more at the cold, not the precipitation. Worry about that later.

Just think back to your best snow events in the past.....how many were forecast days ahead. Not many.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

This thread is starting to get a little bit too miserable. I find the fun is in looking for the snow, sometimes even more than it arriving. Its the chase that is fun. If we get it fantastic, if not.. well Winter isn't over yet. 

I love the chase as well. I love seeing great synoptic charts that could deliver, even if they are limited to FI. I love the guessing and the drama of where the snow will fall and how much snow we could get. I love seeing the country drenched in low 850's and any ice days that this can bring. And yes I love seeing any possible snowfall reel in in the models until it actually arrives. And then I love to watch it snow from the first flake to the first covering. And I hate it being touched and melting.

Besides that I don't really mind.....

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

B8XC6VaCQAAZT9m.png

Tomorrow night showers very hard to pin down. Currently two main shower tracks appearing on models highlighted here

From twitter...

So I guess it's game over then for February too?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Yeah i did that one very quickly. Just to highlight the potential further south more than anything. Of course nowcast all the way

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This thread is starting to get a little bit too miserable. I find the fun is in looking for the snow, sometimes even more than it arriving. Its the chase that is fun. If we get it fantastic, if not.. well Winter isn't over yet. 

How about, by the weekend, everyone in the south east will be able to do this.

post-21581-0-92844100-1422371219.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

How about, by the weekend, everyone in the south east will be able to do this.

Oh, I do hope so! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Given the potential northerly developing later during the weekend, I kind of wish I was back in norfolk. One of the best places for a decent northerly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Given the potential northerly developing later during the weekend, I kind of wish I was back in norfolk. One of the best places for a decent northerly.

I was thinking about putting together a snow risk map like other members do, Norfolk was going to be my highest % chance of snow plus some settling amounts .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Why did you leave, Matt?  If I get some, I'll take a photo and post it here so that you can see what you're missing! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

I see even the potential for a front from the south west has moved further south so it's just the extreme south counties in the SW that get the whatever falls out of the sky. Oh well I hope I catch at least one snow shower at least.

Posted

I was thinking about putting together a snow risk map like other members do, Norfolk was going to be my highest % chance of snow plus some settling amounts .

If you want to do one like others members do you must make sure its in favour of your location.

Think we need at least another 24 hours before anyone can post realistic snow risk maps as the showers are looking pretty hit and miss, they may not even reach some parts of the region.

Edited by Weather Wonder

Posted

If you want to do one like others members do you must make sure its in favour of your location.

To be honest, as far as Kent goes my location would of been more favourable than some areas :)

• Like 1

Posted

Huston we have a snowflake symbol!

Latest local beeb & meto forecast for us down here on the coast has a light snow shower showing for Thursday morning - I'll happily take that!

local_beeb_forecast.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

soon will be though

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Agreed, then it decays as it hits suffolk into kent... Not looking forward to this cold spell at all, another damn squib :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I love the chase as well. I love seeing great synoptic charts that could deliver, even if they are limited to FI. I love the guessing and the drama of where the snow will fall and how much snow we could get. I love seeing the country drenched in low 850's and any ice days that this can bring. And yes I love seeing any possible snowfall reel in in the models until it actually arrives. And then I love to watch it snow from the first flake to the first covering. And I hate it being touched and melting.

Besides that I don't really mind.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates it when freshly fallen snow is disturbed :)

Posted

Depressing viewing in here no one in here is GOD who knows what will happen in such disturbed pattern, Nick mentioned it is ripe for polar lows, I stress it is not looking a snowless outlook so stop being downbeat, it does not help no one. Wednesday night there is literally 0 marginality, the showers will push southeastwards giving a covering for quite a few. So many possibilities.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

there could be a heavy spell of snow on Sunday morning

gfs-2-114.png?12

• Like 3

Posted

Negative comments, but on the whole fair I think. Some a little OTT of course.

This does look very much a Lancs/Yorks/Wales/Cumbria event to me, where someone there especially up a hill will probably get 6" plus.

As for us, we need to feed off the scraps and hope for some disturbances cropping up at short notice.

Fingers crossed though that some of us at least will get 1-2cm by the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm not worried in any way with what may or may not happen, the fact is it will be cold, step 1 sorted, whether we get lucky enough for step 2 ppn, is down to what ever decides to show up, if it's just cold and dry so be it, if it's sleet so be it, the white flakes still look nice. My blue bells have already started growing, goodness knows why, it's not really felt like spring yet in my book.

Temp now 6.8 cloudy.

Posted

there could be a heavy spell of snow on Sunday morning

gfs-2-114.png?12

Yes this looks interesting.

114-779.GIF?27-12

• Like 3

Posted

Hopefully the mood is a good thing, if they expected too much you know the toys and prams will be out again so hopefully this time expectations are lower and some will get a nice surprise.

Posted

12z gives a good snow event for East Anglia & SE on Sunday as above

post-19153-0-40550200-1422376463_thumb.j

Notice the bulge running down the North Sea/East Coast

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3