Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Been on here since the 2007 snow event.

TBH ever since, I never watch BBC weather forecasts, or any apps ect.

The excellent posters on here do provide everything you need to know on what the weather is likely to do.

I second that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

fergieweather, on 01 Feb 2015 - 16:51, said:

It will be (this week) because departing vortex to SE ensures sufficient instability even with rise in GPH from W. Profiles for N Sea/SE coasts suggest typical winter low-topped Cb's at times.

:yahoo:

I think you and those in around the Kent and Essex coasts could do well from this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Sigh...must be awful for them poor things.

I wonder if the missus can be persuaded that we must go and help them with all of that lovely thick snow.

My wife and I have discussed moving to that area of the States. The prospect of a proper winter has something to do with it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

fergieweather, on 01 Feb 2015 - 16:51, said:
It will be (this week) because departing vortex to SE ensures sufficient instability even with rise in GPH from W. Profiles for N Sea/SE coasts suggest typical winter low-topped Cb's at times.

:yahoo:

Hasn't he just stated in the MOD thread that there's unlikely to be any significant ppn. in the southern half of the UK?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Hasn't he just stated in the MOD thread that there's unlikely to be any significant ppn. in the southern half of the UK?

That's what I've just asked, but it seems some would be moderators didn't like it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

That's what I've just asked, but it seems some would be moderators didn't like it

I noticed that, in fact I was wondering whether to report Mr Self-Appointed Moderator to the real moderators.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Can I just say that some actual moderators don't like it either. It is no more than a poorly disguised attempt at questioning whether it will it snow in my back yard. You have been on here long enough to realise that an unstable cold easterly flow is likely to produce showers in the right conditions. It is just a bit too early to know whether these conditions will be met just yet so best wait. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I think he was responding to a development on Tuesday when he mentioned the above.

Posted

Surface temps forecasted at 5-6C so how can marginality not be an issue? Maybe I'm missing something here?

No way will them figures be achieved, them figures we are achieving with a N/NW'ly since we are going to pick up a continental NE flow we lose the N'ly compound which equates to less moderation of the cold... I'd say max of 3C perhaps 4C at a push is more likely - dew points and 850s are supportive of snow. Whether it will settle is iffy. And not everyone will get the snow showers - Kent is looking good at this stage. What I meant to say marginality will be less of an issue then what we've been enduring. Let's be honest it has not been awfully cold.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

I think he was responding to a development on Tuesday when he mentioned the above.

Correct  :good:

He was talking about a little feature set to run down the Country on Tuesday.

He had already highlighted the 'potential' for N.sea/SE coasts in an earlier post.

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!

Anyone tasted The Reach sav blanc...I can't get enough it's gorgeous and a third off in Tescos!...goes well with snow

Or not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

My wife and I have discussed moving to that area of the States. The prospect of a proper winter has something to do with it

Hi Moon, did you have much snow yesterday?

Grew up and went to Tabor school in Braintree.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Anyone tasted The Reach sav blanc...I can't get enough it's gorgeous and a third off in Tescos!...goes well with snow

what snow :search:  lol .anyway im off to Tesco express :drunk:

• Like 1

Posted

Locking this in a Mo will start a new thread!

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82439-southeast-england-east-anglia-weather-chat-1st-feb-onwards/

New Fred Above! ^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 1