Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yamkin - re: unexpected snow

Tell them to look at fhe NMM in future - it's had this progged for the last 36 hours!

Light snow falling on my way home tonight, slight dusting. Good to see the london folks joining in the fun at last :)

Good night to come and the main event still hours away (though probably more marginal)

SK

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Sleety rain now... BIG Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted

Sounds like another warm sector might be in the mix.

dont think so I just think the ground still isn't really cold because although the 2m temps have been cold we have had very little in the way of hard frosts to get the ground temps down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

dont think so I just think the ground still isn't really cold because although the 2m temps have been cold we have had very little in the way of hard frosts to get the ground temps down

lol true, wasn't thinking, to tired time for bed.

Posted

Yamkin - re: unexpected snow

Tell them to look at fhe NMM in future - it's had this progged for the last 36 hours!

Light snow falling on my way home tonight, slight dusting. Good to see the london folks joining in the fun at last :)

Good night to come and the main event still hours away (though probably more marginal)

SK

MetO's £97M super computer knows how to play 0's & X's  :nonono:

• Like 4

Posted

Refreshing to see pinks over large swathes of the SE, snow still continuing here and it looks for a while yet. I'm going to catch some sleep, and wake up at 6 to access where we are, night folks. :D

post-19153-0-04787900-1422757617_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

3 days in a row witnessed falling snow although nothing great that is a hell of a lot better than the last couple of years . Want more though

Refreshing to see pinks over large swathes of the SE, snow still continuing here and it looks for a while yet. I'm going to catch some sleep, and wake up at 6 to access where we are, night folks. :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Poor Portsmouth

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Still snow here, no covering I think the ground is too warm for it to settle. At least we are getting snow, unlike the last couple of years!

Posted

3 days in a row witnessed falling snow although nothing great that is a hell of a lot better than the last couple of years . Want more though

Poor Portsmouth

Getting snow in the Solent is tough even in 2010, they got the scraps lots of cold rain :(. Light snow continues very relaxing to look at, I wish you all well on the snow front.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Which site is that

Posted

Ah, which one? I'm willing to pay for a radar that good!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Getting snow in the Solent is tough even in 2010, they got the scraps lots of cold rain :(. Light snow continues very relaxing to look at, I wish you all well on the snow front.

Really wow. Thanks Daniel . We will be rewarded eventually . My daughter this morning. (2 years old) went ballistic when she saw the snow this morning when we went outside she said . Daddy it's raining. I said I know darling hopefully soon we will have enough to make a snowman.( hopefully this winter)

• Like 1

Posted

Ah, which one? I'm willing to pay for a radar that good!

I would suggest home & dry costing £1.99

http://www.metdesk.com/?page_id=1123

It is good!

Really wow. Thanks Daniel . We will be rewarded eventually . My daughter this morning. (2 years old) went ballistic when she saw the snow this morning when we went outside she said . Daddy it's raining. I said I know darling hopefully soon we will have enough to make a snowman.( hopefully this winter)

Aww :) warms the heart considering we've had 2 years with scarce snow, it is probaly foreign to her not that she understands anyway but she will do one day, snow does bring out the inner child in me, I hope you get that snowman you may well do before this winter is out. P.S. I should sleep...grrrr.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

So infuriating... it is so close to snowing, but just that little bit too warm. Shows the difference between central London and outside.

Posted

Alas as I thought this band has shifted too far West for Medway or most of Kent to feel it.

Look north though, there is some heavy weight stuff moving inland.

• Like 1