Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

TBH I don't think is was forecast to snow today in any case in the SE, so any snow that did fall was a bit of a Brucy Bonus. 

It's not until overnight (some time around 3 am) when the next batch is supposed to be feeding down from the North West (similar to last night in fact), however I'm not convinced it will happen.

By the time we get to midnight those Dew points should be down to and below zero for us all >>

ukpaneltemp.png

Only problem is that same thing happens tomorrow that has happened today and those Dew Points look set to rise above freezing during the day time tomorrow. 

ukpaneltemp.png

It's once we get to Monday and through the week that we stand the best chance of seeing snowfall that wouldn't melt after it's fallen. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Absolutely pouring down of snow here now!

This is directed/aimed for those Essex folks:

There is currently ONE WEATHER WARNING issued for Essex by the Met Office

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice - Valid 13Z on Sat 31 Jan to 12Z on Sun 1 Feb

Eastern areas will see occasional snow showers on Saturday before more persistent rain, sleet and snow spreads southwards overnight, with potential for 2-3 cm of snow at low levels, and 5-10 cm over northern hills where again blizzard conditions are possible.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption due to snow and ice.

Local authorities affected: Essex, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock

https://www.essexweather.com/warnings.html

• Like 1

Unfortunately if you look on other regions Yorkshire etc. conditions are no better i.e. no snow...this spell so far has been over exaggerated and BBC only seem to mention how cold the wind is!...if we can get an easterly in next week then we'll see marginality thrown out the window!

this is all so bizarre really.? We're in the middle of winter when you would expect winds from the north you would guarantee snow, this has all been so over hyped. This is how typical of the UK overall as if this set up was in late March early April it would Snow when you don't want it lol

Yes but those snowy pics I just posted? They are in Swaffham :)

Unbelievable! I'll have to get back on the A414, M11, A11 (Nice little chef there), A45, A11 (again), A1065 to finally see some real snow this winter! - it'll be melted by the time I get there, no doubt.

Back to rain/sleet here again. :)

Wooooow, a whole ten minutes of wet snow that didn't settle, now nothing. Those of you hoping for snow from some sort of easterly, don't kid youselfs or listen to the massive hype in the mod. There maybe a fleeting easterly as the low pulls away, but by that time pressure will be too high for any ppn. Same story as every year.