Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Snow now for the last half an hour, coming down so heavily in the last 5 mins that its settling on the wet surfaces out there now too, cars are white and lawns and pavement are he's isn't that way too.

I'd imagine it will all melt away again once it stops but a nice surprise for a Saturday afternoon

SK

snowking, on 31 Jan 2015 - 13:43, said:

Snow now for the last half an hour, coming down so heavily in the last 5 mins that its settling on the wet surfaces out there now too, cars are white and lawns and pavement are he's isn't that way too.

I'd imagine it will all melt away again once it stops but a nice surprise for a Saturday afternoon

SK

Yep, first signs of settling now. Pretty heavy.  :)  

sod all, but hope you get well soon :p

Yea... just been catching up with you all. Nice to hear some of you got snow this morning... NOW I WANT SOME!!! Temps are starting to drop, not sure about the D.P... pretty exciting this but it's just too marginal :(

Hoping for some accumulations tonight?

Yea... just been catching up with you all. Nice to hear some of you got snow this morning... NOW I WANT SOME!!! Temps are starting to drop, not sure about the D.P... pretty exciting this but it's just too marginal :(

Hoping for some accumulations tonight?

The heavier stuff looks like it could pass over us, it'll probably start as rain/sleet but quickly turn to snow I'd assume given reports from others on here

• Like 1

snap just put a post on before you about it

Yes all a bit confusing, the map has a load of overlapping warnings with an odd sliver of land right up to Scotland that for some reason isn't included in any warning.

Also the first two paragraphs in the London &SE warning are about Scotland and a lot of the different warnings are for the same time and seem to cover the same events

• Like 1

Thoughts on further East for later, Colchester, Braintree etc?

SK