Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Not wanting to overlook tonight's possibilities but does anyone know if we're still on for the winds switching to a more north easterly direction next week?

I can't help feeling this will bring better prospects for most of us seeing some snow on the ground, albeit if it's showers some will be luckier than others.

Light snow here in Sawbridgeworth. After about 15 minutes of light drizzle. I look in quite good alignment with how the shower is coming down from NW.

Further East look good for this moving across later, better time for it.

Sleet and snow showers will continue to affect many area during Saturday and into Sunday. These will be most frequent across northern and Western Scotland, Northern Ireland, West Wales and Devon and Cornwall. Other areas will be largely dry until a more organised area of light snow moves southwards during the early hours of Sunday morning. Accumulations of 1-2 cm are possible, with perhaps 5 cm on some high ground, mainly in the north and west. Icy patches are likely. Strong winds will also gust to around 60 mph along exposed northern and western coasts.

The cold, northerly airflow continues to affect the UK. A low pressure system brings organised areas of sleet and snow to northern and some eastern areas later on Saturday and into Sunday. These areas are covered by a separate yellow warning. In other areas, snow showers will be less frequent, but there remains a risk of some slight accumulations, and icy patches will form on untreated roads. Showers will become gradually less frequent on Sunday morning.

Local Authorities affected and associated warning levels

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Kent

post-19153-0-70441900-1422708718_thumb.j

The snow warning covers me now. :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1422662400®ionName=se

• Like 1

Mixture of rain sleet and snow here but it has been snow now for the last 10 minutes or so, not really settling except where yesterday's snowcover remains

SK

After the initial heavy snow in Peterborough, which gave about 1.5cm accumulation in a short time, as it became lighter, the snow turned to wet snow. then sleet and finally rain, most of the snow has now been washed away.  Temps had got down to about 0.4 and dew point to -1.4, but have since risen to 3.4c and DP 1.6c and both still rising.

This so margin it's getting annoying. The snow starts then rain the dp to high oh my life I should be used to this but I am desperate to build a snowman for my daughter hopefully next week is better oh and the boiler is broken earliest call out us tomorrow heaters it us then booooooo

Woke up to no snow here (apart from tiny dusting on car), saw reports in the regional thread and headed straight out. This time ive got a decent conversion out of youtube so it can be watched full hd - fullscreen,  I couldn't find any suitable music so just grabbed a track off freeplay, which is a tad short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ssYWfKlbc&feature=youtu.be

Heavier snow now here.

I see this is getting good intensification near the Wash, looks good maybe for places like Stowmarket. Braintree, Colchester in a few hours.

Edited by Hammer

Big flakes in Harlow, and starting in North Weald, im waiting for mine now, in the next village, got big flakes now  :D

um just rain  :cc_confused: with the odd flake thrown in

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 1