Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

MO have now issued new weather warning for SE from this afternoon to tomorrow lunchtime.

"Other eastern areas will see occasional snow showers on Saturday before more persistent rain, sleet and snow spreads southwards overnight, with potential for 2-3 cm of snow at low levels"

Edited by poseidon

weather in bedford atm ....oh it's raining :nonono:  hold on hold on it's  snowing! :yahoo: oh hold in it's raining again with a bit of a sleet,no no it's snowing again.

• Like 1

Next 24 hours from the Euro 4

More wintry precipitation to come over the rest of the day, more eastern areas getting in on the act later if the Euro 4 is to be believed.

15013118_3106.gif

Again possible snow in places

It will become dry for a time overnight with clear spells before that secondary low moves down the north sea

15020106_3106.gif

Possibly a spell of snow for near enough the whole region, hence the weather warning.

The showers tend to continue beyond this but become increasingly restricted to the north and east coasts by T48 (Monday)

Edited by Captain shortwave

MO have now issued new weather warning for SE from this afternoon to tomorrow lunchtime.

"Other eastern areas will see occasional snow showers on Saturday before more persistent rain, sleet and snow spreads southwards overnight, with potential for 2-3 cm of snow at low levels"

The warning only covers coastal counties of the region and then only inland for thirty miles or so.

Euro 4 looks a bit further inland than that

Edited by bluearmy

Snowing in Stevenage.....i think there's enough flakes there to justify that description although there's a mix in rreality and the rain within it is making noises against the window!

EDIT more identifiable as snow the heavier it gets

Edited by Timmytour
  • Like 2

Looks like Eastern parts of region can get some accumulations over next couple of days. Possibly a bit far West for me.

Maybe places like Braintree, Colchester, Sudbury could do well.

If you read I said over next couple of days and in Eastern parts of region as opposed to today and all of region. Equally MO saying this in be aware warnings updated moments ago.

Some said dry all weekend. LOL.

Too warm for snow accumulations today Hammer, I fear. Woke up to a bit of white dust on the ground here but it vanished fast. A band of sleet is close by now. Will update with news soon.

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 1

Nice thick heavy snow flakes here now.. started off as rain tho

Looking on the radar it seems to be hit and miss as to rain or snow in the long line coming down from the north  - so good luck to everyone south of here (-: