Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

Grey damp nothingness again! Currently searching for toys to throw out my pram.... oh well plently more chances *she says again*

The wind might switch to the NE/E next week which means jack pot for you. How are the birdies? How do you keep the chickens warm? What about foxes :shok: They keep attacking my cat, chickens wouldn't stand a chance around here. The heavy snow has stopped now, everywhere is wet rather than white here.

• Like 2

Still snowing here, looks like lots of dark clouds still about, any idea when this is due to clear?

I'm sure you have the tail end of it now but looking on the radar we have some more showers for later.Not so sure if will be snow or a sleety mix.

• Like 1

Oh well can't get video to upload:-( but we had heavy snow here for 40 minutes, it stopped 10 mins ago Ditchling Beacon looks nice and snowy from my window too :/)

Grey damp nothingness again! Currently searching for toys to throw out my pram.... oh well plently more chances *she says again*

lol.. you big baby :p

your area should do well next week from the easterly.

• Like 1

Stayed completely dry from both this mornings events which goes to show the weather has a funny way of sharing the love.

Was strange like the Captain said waking up to leaden grey skies and a hard frost.

Tuesday onwards still grabs the attention for the SE

• Like 2

Band of precip to my NW will soon reach me. Slightly nervous it would be of rain but reports coming in from Lincs that its falling as snow. A spell of sunshine this morning increased my temps but if the precip is heavy enough it will fall as snow.

• Like 1

post-6751-0-61966700-1422699303_thumb.jp

Band of precip to my NW will soon reach me. Slightly nervous it would be of rain but reports coming in from Lincs that its falling as snow. A spell of sunshine this morning increased my temps but if the precip is heavy enough it will fall as snow.

Indeed it is, just taken out of the bedroom window

• Like 2

Oh well can't get video to upload:-( but we had heavy snow here for 40 minutes, it stopped 10 mins ago Ditchling Beacon looks nice and snowy from my window too :/)

Try get a screenshot from it that may work although I'm not sure how to upload photos on here lol

The wind might switch to the NE/E next week which means jack pot for you. How are the birdies? How do you keep the chickens warm? What about foxes :shok: They keep attacking my cat, chickens wouldn't stand a chance around here. The heavy snow has stopped now, everywhere is wet rather than white here.

Hey yeah they are all good thanks, I just put extra bedding in with them but it doesn't seem to bother them they just puff themselves up to keep warm so they are wandering arround looking 3 x bigger at the moment . So far touch wood foxes havent caused a problem but we do lock them away as soon as it gets dark and I think the dog puts off the foxes round here ;)

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 1

lol.. you big baby :p

your area should do well next week from the easterly.

I know, this time next week if nothing I'll be going full on toddler mode kicking and screaming on the floor... I may even have to pop into the mod thread ;)

In all seriousness though I do think arround thursday is my chance :)

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 1

this winter is just a patience game.. And I feel we may finally have some "proper widespread" snow next week if that is a term "proper"

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1

Been keeping an eye on Tuesday for the last few days; seems to have had snow predicted for a while now - is that looking like a "good" day still for the SE?

My advice is to treat the Met Office warnings like the holy grail. They won't issue a warning at short notice unless they feel it's highly likely, and they tend to be spot-on with their short term forecasting.