Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England,

yeah she just text me the same-

Just had a peak at the 18z UKMO (meso) and it shows the centre of the small low moving SE across the Midlands around 3am then across SE England around 6am, sleet/snow showers swirling around this low

Posted Images

just as I typed the last reply and looked out of the window, we have snow flakes I take it all back what I said in an earlier reply  :)

check the netweather radar, looks like nice little clump of showers heading right over thanet

It's ashame we are still in the marginal side of temps still.

Been snowing really heavy for about an hour and if a little colder would have produced a decent amount.

Just didn't really accumulate due to temps.

Never mind great surprise and hoping for some next week as we get rid of this marginality problem.

Managed to find the gap between the two bands of snow. That sucks :p

It looks like those who didn't get any snow yesterday or Thursday have got some today, nice to see things even out.

Nope!! None Thursday none yesterday and none today!!
  • Like 1

Dew point annoyingly ha crept up to 0.5 here, temperature hovering at 1.3. this lot will be all rain unless the dew point suddenly takes a dive, which I can't see happening. still it was nice to see snow falling. not complaining as it's snowed twice here this month and neither time it was expected. 

who knows what the coming week will bring

Still none here, missed out again! Is there anyone in St Albans? What's it like there? Sons got a cross country run this afternoon

unfortunately I do not have the netweather radar, I have to rely on window watching and the free will it rain radar

Net Weather have a free radar

We must be in one of the worst locations for snow low ground near the Thames in North west Kent-Northwesterlies are pretty common yet the snow showers from these die out or turn to rain as they come out of London and Essex. Even north easterlies unless proper troughs attach to them only make it to Anglia, Essex and Medway before dying out just before the Thames- only PROPER decent wind direction is a East to North East flow/ Easterly which of course can benefit the whole of our region- I just hope those temps drop into next week as the models had predicted- as looking at the BBC app 5-7c maxes is barely below average!