Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We are on a "Be Prepared" warning....be prepared to sit back and watch the rest of the country enjoy the snowfall!

That's a cold weather alert warning though rather than the flash weather warning type.http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1422403200

Posted

I might join in on 'snow watch' wednesday night, or i might just look at worldwide pictures of heavy snow on google.

By Wednesday I can see my ignore/block list being put into action LOL.... Crikey the other week was a nightmare on here, the same people asking the same questions every 20mins lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.

Afternoon all. It's my birthday on Wednesday and have been bought a rain gauge for my NetAtMo which I'm about to synch.

I'd dearly love it's first outing to be filled chock-full of snow, and not of rain.....

• Like 3

Posted

There is a big big difference from t54 to t60 as that cold front pushes through, we get a decent window of hope

Look at the 2m temps on the gfs between t54 and t60 also.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!

That's a cold weather alert warning though rather than the flash weather warning type.http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1422403200

Erm I was playing with you :-/

Posted

Erm I was playing with you :-/

Oh :-/

Anyway... we may get on the proper warnings by this time tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

It's ramp time again! thought I'd pop in to save the thread from becoming the model output depression with a screenshot of my favourite quote since 2013:-)

post-10303-0-96200300-1422276864_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

What amazes me is that yesterday morning, in the MOD thread, we were told that a freeze was nailed-on as all the models were in agreement.  Suddenly, it's full of people saying it'll be a bit chilly for a few days, with possibly the odd wintry shower in the north-west.  If all we get is a few chilly days, I'd have to agree with Bogman regarding Spring.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted

What amazes me is that yesterday morning, in the MOD thread, we were told that a freeze was nailed-on as all the models were in agreement.  Suddenly, it's full of people saying it'll be a bit chilly for a few days, with possibly the odd wintry shower in the north-west.  If all we get is a few chilly days, I'd have to agree with Bogman regarding Spring.

Classic case of some in the MOD thread jumping on the back of every run, then the next day when it doesn't show to be as cold they class it as over before it's even started...probably because of the way this winter and the last one has gone for many etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Classic case of some in the MOD thread jumping on the back of every run, then the next day when it doesn't show to be as cold they class it as over before it's even started...probably because of the way this winter and the last one has gone for many etc

That's certainly what I'd like to think is the case, though, given that our local hospital is (or was until around a week ago) in a pretty awful state, I find myself thinking it might be better to stay mild.

Posted

You can usually take these chart types with a large pinch of salt but one of the best it's looked for us this winter and if it wasn't for the way this one is going and last winter people would be getting the sledges out the lofts already :D

15012818_2606.gif

15012818_2606.gif

15012818_2606.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

well seeing as i have moved to Guildford I guess it won't snow here any time soon - usually avoids me. Having lived in Lancaster, Cumbria and now Guildford in the last ten years I have experienced proper heavy snowfall twice.

tempted to go back up to north west where im from to catch it all up there.

Posted

well seeing as i have moved to Guildford I guess it won't snow here any time soon - usually avoids me. Having lived in Lancaster, Cumbria and now Guildford in the last ten years I have experienced proper heavy snowfall twice.

Shame you wasn't here in 2010 :rofl:

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

it its snow you are wanting?  and wanting to relocate ?then  i would avoid the UK altogether and move to  south east Sweden where my Bro has just  bought an amazing  house for 22k?? he has hot summers and a mtr of powder snow in winter (proper snow) and free access to a community Ski hill with button lifts, and no mortgage, amazing!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

My take on the next few funs before they are out and the MAD thread reaction!

1. Downgrades occur, "Winter is over" posts, someone finds a perturbation whish is still cold, IMBY posts start flying around

2. "Disregard" Xz run is cannon fodder....

3. A following set of runs give hope

4. Following set has further downgrades

5. the MAD thread start accusing each other of "I told you so" etc.

I reckon...!

Must be bored! :D

• Like 6

Posted

Might be an interesting watch over in the US

If you have never used earthcam it's a great site for webcams around the world, some better than others etc

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsrobo1

Posted

Might be an interesting watch over in the USIf you have never used earthcam it's a great site for webcams around the world, some better than others etchttp://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsrobo1

Agree with this. The earthcam app is fantastic and there are plenty of cams around New York area which should make great viewing over the next few days for us snow starved southeasteners, indeed the snow has already started falling!

Slightly more optimistic for a little snow here during this cold snap, more than I was with last weeks although I did see a few flakes! Let's hope for upgrades.

M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

it its snow you are wanting?  and wanting to relocate ?then  i would avoid the UK altogether and move to  south east Sweden where my Bro has just  bought an amazing  house for 22k?? he has hot summers and a mtr of powder snow in winter (proper snow) and free access to a community Ski hill with button lifts, and no mortgage, amazing!!!

That sounds like a good idea..What area is that and how big is the house?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Omg that sounds perfect, I'm off to Sweden!!x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This live New York cam is a good one

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/live-video/watch-live-new-york-city-snow-cam-322484291648

Overlooks an ice skating rink. Hilarious when they fall over

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Wow all happy in the MOD thread for a change , it makes pleasant reading for once

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning

That sounds like a good idea..What area is that and how big is the house?

my brothers house is in Kalmar and its a 3 bed with  just underhalf an acre, heres the website he found it on ,www.maklarhuset.tv  for 27000 krona, he loves it there , we saw a farm for sale last time for £130k with 30 acres and 4 barns and a 4 bed farm house , mental prices!! good luck

• Like 3

Posted

Lol models excite me... I say there's a high probability 80-90+ % of you will see snow in the course of the cold spell. If not I'll be astonished, Southeast is not the dream destination.

But going by 12z showers will really pack up. Hopefully unturning every stone. There's shown to be quite a lot of PPN about from Wednesday to Saturday further afield not worth the time... But yup the outlook is promising, said that a few times this winter, *hides away* ;-) LET IT SNOW!!!! :)

Thursday is not so far away... take with caution

post-19153-0-38362400-1422292566_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1