Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

heavy wet snow shower here

looking at the radar Norwich should be seeing something heavy if the rain alarm right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Yeah who was that fella thAt every 5mins asked if it was going to snow in Carlisle

Posted

5c dp 0

Great pictures, great memories. It was a truly fantastic snowfall.

Quite a windchill factor outside now.

You can see why! wrap up warm been outside and its not felt as cold since 2013.

post-19153-0-86692000-1422803325_thumb.jpost-19153-0-10143200-1422803351_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

Generally smashing!

Temperature 5.1 Â°C Dew Point 0 Â°C Windchill 1.9 Â°C Humidity 0% Heat Index 5.1 Â°C Apparent Temperature -1.8 Â°C Solar Radiation 134 W/m² Evapotranspiration Today 0.00 mm Rainfall Rainfall Today 0.2 mm Rainfall Rate 0.0 mm/hr Rainfall This Month 0.2 mm Rainfall This Year 86.6 mm Rainfall Last Hour 0.0 mm Last rainfall 2015-02-01 07:22 Wind Wind Speed (gust) 24.0 mph Wind Speed (avg) 9.3 mph Wind Bearing 341° NNW Beaufort F3 Gentle breeze Pressure Barometer  997.40 mb Rising +0.77 mb/hr

Posted

mr crazy snowfan, Bill Farkin, Dave Allen, AnotherpintofMild, they were all on there in the early 2000's and then it closed every night at 10pm sharp!

I think I am Forum number 27 on here, came across with Stephen Prudence when Paul set up Netweather, in the early days there was only a few threads on here and 100 members in the first few months.

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

With the wind veering northeasterly on Tuesday, be interesting to see if much in the way of ppn starts to move inland off the N Sea, dew points look to be a lot lower from later today and look to remain the right side of marginal for the rest of this week - it's just a question of how much precipitation's going to generate over the N Sea and move inland. Models suggests mostly light showers Tuesday and Weds

Currently late Thursday early Friday looks interesting, 06z GFS shows a 500mb cold pool drifting W to SW over the near continent which could initiate snow showers - helped by 1000-850mb (partial) thicknesses of sub 128dm moving off the near continent too. With winds from the ENE - could even see a Thames Snow Streamer set-up - though unfortunately its too far off to get excited over for now, as the synoptics may alter more unfavourably before then i.e. cold pooling staying on the continent and less chance of deeper convection intiating.

• Like 5

Posted

mr crazy snowfan, Bill Farkin, Dave Allen, AnotherpintofMild, they were all on there in the early 2000's and then it closed every night at 10pm sharp!

I think I am Forum number 27 on here, came across with Stephen Prudence when Paul set up Netweather, in the early days there was only a few threads on here and 100 members in the first few months.

Bill farkin!! Nuff said lol!!

I joined here in 2005 just before we had the thunder snow event. This place just becomes addictive lol

4c dp 0

I was here on snow watch for the fantastic streamer event that dumped 6 inches of snow. One of our members phoned up the met office and asked why we didn't have a red warning and they said 'it will be red very soon' she then told us here and it was just great.

Posted

Posted

Interesting how them showers have intensified as they've gone south. Oxford might get something...?

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

I came over from BBC snow watch or ''slow watch" cause it was painful. Forgotton about Bill Farkin - wasn't he the guy that based his forecasts on his ducks behaviour or something like that?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not sure of the actual temp, but it certainly feels exceptionally cold compared to earlier, an far windier!

Posted

Not an expert but I would say too high mate, you could get snow showers going at say 1010- 1015mb

Posted

I joined here in 2005 just before we had the thunder snow event. This place just becomes addictive lol

i

I remember bill firkin really admired his posts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I remember snow watch especially the poster who gave reports from Lootons, always made me laugh

ahh yes fond memories of Mr Crazysnowfan man - wonder what happened to him?  His posts certainly made me chuckle too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Was he the chap that was always on about Grebes?

It was always a laugh on Slow Watch as it was known by some!

Nuff Said!

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1