Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Im not surprised most of the precip is marginal. I did say this last night but some just didn't want to accept it.

Personally im looking forward to tonight because at least the temps will drop below freezing and it will feel like a cold spell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

What I have learned from this is that I will never be interested in any "cold" spell again unless it is sourced somewhere from the East or North East. That is the only direction that is ever going to deliver for us in the E/SE but proper Easterlies are sadly rarer than rocking horse droppings nowadays!

• Like 5

Posted

UK weather is the most interesting, yet the most boring at the same time..

Interesting in the sense that it's very unpredictable day to day compared to other parts of the world..

Boring in the sense that our winters are not cold enough, our summers are not hot enough, rarely any decent thunderstorms.. just always seems the same.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

morning everyone ! Utter c**p again & weve still got at least 4 more weeks left to driving ourselves insane for a bit of snow :fool: lol

• Like 1

Posted

I think some of us might be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. Hoping for 2-3cm in East Essex. If I pinch all the snow off the neighbours cars I might get a small snowman

I wasn't pleasantly surprised. Either I missed it or it melted.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Now 5.1c in my garden. Was only meant to be a high of 3c today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

What happened to the band of ppn coming down from Scotland?

It's bone dry here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

morning everyone ! Utter c**p again & weve still got at least 4 more weeks left to driving ourselves insane for a bit of snow :fool: lol

morning lollypop! you've probably got more chance of seeing some snow next week. 

• Like 2

Posted

I have just been out walking the dog and although it is showing as 3.5c, in the wind it is bitter (dont know what the chill factor is) and still no snow from overnight, didnt expect it really !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I think I would rather it was sunny cold and frosty rather than this. Lots of snow showers pushing in but with the temperature now at 1.2C everything is just melting as soon as it hits the ground.....as it has done all night. If the temperature had been just a degree lower it would have been a very wintry scene here this morning. had 10.2mm since this started yesterday evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Well the weather is dull and boring and brings the mood down in here but it's nice to see so many pretty ladies in our regional thread.. Makes it worth coming on here. â„😈😇

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

Hoping the High Pressure now looking likely to sit around for a long part of February is a Clean High and not a Dirty High, one great thing about all the High Pressure is it will give the water table and ground a chance to recover from a lot of rain over the past 18 months. Nice frosty nights would be welcomed over clag and drizzle certainly (Watch it be 2 weeks of Anticyclonic Gloom now)

Not long until Spring though (My favourite Season due to the first warmth of the year)

Kent, Norfolk, and Eastern Coastal Parts of Suffolk still look good for 3-4 days this week for showers, but even those marginal around coasts with any decent falls likely from Canterbury/Ashford eastwards I would think now! Very Localised!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

there seems to be some quite mild air associated wth this little system that has moved down overnight as most of us are reporting temps rising ..

As soon as I got up this morning and saw it was 3.5c you know its game over.. Even here in East Kent we may have the lions share of any ppn this week BUT it will just be sleety rain as the meto temps are around 5-6c most of the week..

On a lighter note for me im off to centre parcs at Woburn tmrow,, it will be a lot colder there but dry !!! cant win really..

I personally think February still has something up its sleeve but we need mainland Europe to go into the freezer first and then tap into that bitter air , will probably be mid-late Feb. (yes the sun will b stronger , but the north sea will be colder still which by then will limit any marginality .. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Sooo pleased we got up early and made the effort to get up Boxhill yesterday morning, at just under 300asl it only had a couple of cm but was v pretty and the kids could sledge and build a small snowman!

I grew up there in the 80's so you can see where my obsession started ;) Maybe I should move back there cos as Steve said, just that little bit more elevation makes all the difference!

We did have snow at 2am this morning that was settling but had stopped by 3am - having a baby keeping you awake allows you to see these things!!!xx

• Like 2

Posted

What happened to the band of ppn coming down from Scotland?

It's bone dry here

You've missed nothing believe me (unless you're particularly fond of rain and sleet)!

• Like 1

Posted

if its any consolation, i've been in the north east since friday and we've had nothing but occasional rain

Posted

Hoping the High Pressure now looking likely to sit around for a long part of February is a Clean High and not a Dirty High, one great thing about all the High Pressure is it will give the water table and ground a chance to recover from a lot of rain over the past 18 months. Nice frosty nights would be welcomed over clag and drizzle certainly (Watch it be 2 weeks of Anticyclonic Gloom now)

Not long until Spring though (My favourite Season due to the first warmth of the year)

Kent, Norfolk, and Eastern Coastal Parts of Suffolk still look good for 3-4 days this week for showers, but even those marginal around coasts with any decent falls likely from Canterbury/Ashford eastwards I would think now! Very Localised!

Morning Paul . Marginal & localised have become my least favourite words lol .

• Like 1

Posted

I would also like the phrase "wintry mix" added to the swear filter!

• Like 2

Posted

Lol

Yep, they are pretty rank words in the winter, throw in "South of the M4" and Mild Sector and we have the set.

Hastings always traditionally does very well from any angle of attack from a wind which is just east of north so if anyone can grab some snow next week I would be hedging my bets on the Ashford to Hastings line from any streamer that sets up.

Good luck and hopefully we can get some snow pictures from the hillier parts of Kentishire and Sussexshire

• Like 3

Posted

Well in Norwich if all this rain had fallen as snow these past few days we would have a great snow level, but it hasn't so we don't. Here's hoping the next few days bring us something that the models were predicting.

Posted

Lol

Yep, they are pretty rank words in the winter, throw in "South of the M4" and Mild Sector and we have the set.

Hastings always traditionally does very well from any angle of attack from a wind which is just east of north so if anyone can grab some snow next week I would be hedging my bets on the Ashford to Hastings line from any streamer that sets up.

Good luck and hopefully we can get some snow pictures from the hillier parts of Kentishire and Sussexshire

Thanks Paul ,heres hoping

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Temp 4.1c

Dp -2c this morning

But still waiting for snow!!

Think I'll be waiting along time!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

not sure i can take much more of this,yet again nothing,despite some decent snow on the rader last night,which looked to be heading in my direction,it amounted to nothing.why is it so hard to get anything decent here,is it to much to ask for 4/5 days of falling and laying snow out of 365 days.we just dont get the winters of old anymore