Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Ground is drying up nicely here

Edited by john mac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

News just arrived ,latest Sat shot shows any precipitation now becoming confined to north sea out at sea as trough runs further south ,some sleet showers may clip eastern coasts later this evening  .hvy showers now falling across scotland in association with a trough originating in very cold air will move south at a fairly fast rate ,a new trough could form across northern britain later in the night ,then expected to run south or even s /west as pressure rises to our north .my neighbour only gleened this info as leaving shift ,as normal all m of 4  info probably included in 2 .30 am update from met office later regards any increase in trough developement , :cold:

• Like 2

Posted

I really doubt there will be any snow overnight for our region and there is nothing showing on any radar which

leads me to think otherwise - the current precipitation over Norfolk is moving SSE into the southern North Sea.

I certainly won't be staying up for disappointment . . . i can have that in bed x

Yikes !!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

I really doubt there will be any snow overnight for our region and there is nothing showing on any radar which

leads me to think otherwise - the current precipitation over Norfolk is moving SSE into the southern North Sea.

I certainly won't be staying up for disappointment . . . i can have that in bed x

Hahahaha! 

The ppn currently to the East of the Firth of Forth (East of Edinburgh) is what could threaten our region later on... It is currently beginning to build and chugging it's way nicely down, so it will be a few hours yet, but could also provide some unexpected ppn ahead of it.

Meanwhile it gives the temps time to drop!

Posted

:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :sorry: :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hahahaha! 

The ppn currently to the East of the Firth of Forth (East of Edinburgh) is what could threaten our region later on... It is currently beginning to build and chugging it's way nicely down, so it will be a few hours yet, but could also provide some unexpected ppn ahead of it.

I just hope it gets here before midnight lol, hope the council changes it's mind soon about turning the street lights off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Ouch !!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

Next batch is currently up near Scotland, so several hours away, not till early hours of morning.

Euro4 is having none of it down here

Posted

Hahahaha! 

Indeed. I would rather stay dry for a while, ground drying out here as John has noted. Temps should drop.

Posted

Credit to BBC for once their forecast has been consistent. Haven't noticed a change all day with light snow forecast from 2 till 5 am in the morning so once again might wake up to a centimetre or two and temperatures look to be perfect as well. But if history is anything to go by the fact they're forecasting it is probably a bad sign! 

Posted

I hope the meto are right about their warnings for east kent, I would love to have snow showers everyday till at least Wednesday.

Posted

Agreed, EURO4 not keen on snow. So could be some tears in here. Bit early to say, think some 10-20 miles off coast might do ok. We shall see.

Euro4 is having none of it down here

Posted

I just hope it gets here before midnight lol, hope the council changes it's mind soon about turning the street lights off.

I think I read the council are going to keep the lights on at night and use LED's to save the money. Not too sure when that's starting though - I fear it won't be this year!

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Meanwhile here in London the cold spell continues in a grey and unaventful way. Nothing notable for us in the SE, so another wasted winter week snow wise. They have had plenty to celebrate further North though,a real divide this winter.

Edited by sunnijim

Posted

I think I read the council are going to keep the lights on at night and use LED's to save the money. Not too sure when that's starting though - I fear it won't be this year!

Yeah I read they were planing a U turn on the lights, I just wish that started tonight lol.

Dp is dropping now the rain has gone, 0.8 temp 1.7

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Credit to BBC for once their forecast has been consistent. Haven't noticed a change all day with light snow forecast from 2 till 5 am in the morning so once again might wake up to a centimetre or two and temperatures look to be perfect as well. But if history is anything to go by the fact they're forecasting it is probably a bad sign! 

There wont be any snow in Reading tonight, think that's pretty obvious.

Posted

Got LEDs here, dont know what its like for lamp post watching, had no snow at night yet. Brill for night star watching etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Hahahaha, just have to wait and see if anything comes!

😇😈😊

• Like 1

Posted

Are the temps due to drop as the night goes on, Gravesend is currently 4.5c -0.8 dp

Latest tweets from Essex weather centre...

Temps have crept up since nightfall, so most falling from the sky is currently rain. As per warning, snow to low levels after midnight.

Last of the rain, sleet and snow clearing the Essex Coast shortly, then a drier spell before the next batch arrives after 4AM Sunday.

• Like 2

Posted

I think inland areas will get snow in the early hours looks to me that a band will be further west than they have said

Meanwhile here in London the cold spell continues in a grey and unaventful way. Nothing notable for us in the SE, so another wasted winter week snow wise. They have had plenty to celebrate further North though,a real divide this winter.

What's new though? Having a more northerly latitude is better in the UK for winter.. Hold tight still plenty of winter left.. Remeber the saying all good things come to those that wait :)

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1