Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!

I'm delighted for you :D precip has cleared here, Essex has done rather good for snow eh?

Hmm, i'm not sure i would say Essex has done 'too' well so far with regards to snow, but can't really complain as 'usually' NW'ly/N'ly winds don't bring much snow to these parts, so today has been a pleasant surprise. Looking forwards to if / when the winds turn more NE'ly on Tuesday/Wednesday as the fun and games 'could' really begin then.

And by the way, how many Daniels are there on this thread? Seems there is quite a few. My name is Daniel too  :D

Edited by SE Blizzards

Posted

Met office seem to have Medway under a weather warning for snow for the next five days from 2pm today....when did that happen??

• Like 1

Posted

This is directed/aimed for those Essex folks:There is currently ONE WEATHER WARNING issued for Essex by the Met Office

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice - Valid 13Z on Sat 31 Jan to 12Z on Sun 1 Feb

Eastern areas will see occasional snow showers on Saturday before more persistent rain, sleet and snow spreads southwards overnight, with potential for 2-3 cm of snow at low levels, and 5-10 cm over northern hills where again blizzard conditions are possible.

The public should be aware of the risk of disruption due to snow and ice.

Local authorities affected: Essex, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrockhttps://www.essexweather.com/warnings.html

We will see. It will have to go some to settle. The ground is now sopping from the snow/rain mix we have had for the last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!

Andddd... it's turned back to rain!  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Now steady rain as temps and Dp's are as low as they have been - what a waste of time! just hope it stops now, getting fed up.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

Hmm, i'm not sure i would say Essex has done 'too' well so far with regards to snow, but can't really complain as 'usually' NW'ly/N'ly winds don't bring much snow to these parts, so today has been a pleasant surprise. Looking forwards to if / when the winds turn more NE'ly on Tuesday/Wednesday as the fun and games 'could' really begin then.

And by the way, how many Daniels are there on this thread? Seems there is quite a few. My name is Daniel too  :D

I might need to cull some :p

Generally I think Essex has fared the best compared to other counties, with PPN sticking about to my E, if it has been bust for you in the past few days, tonight is looking captivating - for something more substantial. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Generally I think Essex has fared the best compared to other counties, with PPN sticking about to my E, if it has been bust for you in the past few days, tonight is looking captivating - for something more substantial. :D

Lol!!

Yes, i'm hoping tonight will bring the goods to Essex. Be nice to see a proper/decent covering for a change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Temp 4.3c

Dp 1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

If this event wasn't so marginal, we'd be seeing similar scenes to January 2003. The parameters look very similar indeed, it's just the temps and dew points need to be lower. Here's hoping for tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

Wooooow, a whole ten minutes of wet snow that didn't settle, now nothing. Those of you hoping for snow from some sort of easterly, don't kid youselfs or listen to the massive hype in the mod. There maybe a fleeting easterly as the low pulls away, but by that time pressure will be too high for any ppn. Same story as every year.

You sound a tad Pessimistic

• Like 3

Posted

Colder DPs sweeping eastwards, temp 4C it would be nice if we had some clear skies for the temp to start falling, and sodden ground to dry up a little. Quite gusty this aids evaporation.

post-19153-0-63930800-1422720484_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Unbelievable! I'll have to get back on the A414, M11, A11 (Nice little chef there), A45, A11 (again), A1065 to finally see some real snow this winter! - it'll be melted by the time I get there, no doubt.

Back to rain/sleet here again. :)

Sod's law isn't it? It hammered down for a while. Still lying now at last :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

The brutal cold snap continues in basildon. It's raining! to be fair, some snow has been mixed in at times.

yes it was actually snowing quite a bit as I drove back to Ockendon from Bas at  about 2pm. it was rain, sleet, snow, then by the time I got home plain old cold rain again!

Posted

Colder DPs sweeping eastwards, temp 4C it would be nice if we had some clear skies for the temp to start falling, and sodden ground to dry up a little. Quite gusty this aids evaporation.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dew point -1.1 temp 1C here in hills SW of Canterbury.wet but starting to lay well

• Like 1

Posted

Not all of Essex - Thurrock for example.... barely a flake, although yesterday morning on the way to work there were cars streaming off the A127 covered in snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Warm sectors over us associated with the Occluded front now so any settling will be incredibly limited - Colder air returns after dark so we should see any showers becoming more snow rather than this rain, sleet snow mess we've had so far today

• Like 3

Posted

not an expert but GFS 12z looks promising for our area on Thursday perhaps?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

GFS 12z still showing an easterly of sorts for mid next week - hopefully uppers should be cold enough for a bit of showery stuff.

Those Met Office warnings are so confusing!

I don't understand them either! - why just for Essex? 

post-16330-0-09588900-1422721349_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Heavy Snow in Canterbury!!!!!! :D :D Looks really beautiful, heaviest snowfall since 2013 :D

• Like 3