Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

BY 3PM dew points turn more favourable again

post-19153-0-06707200-1422707939_thumb.j

Cold drizzle it is shame it is not far off from snow, dew point is just too high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Not wanting to overlook tonight's possibilities but does anyone know if we're still on for the winds switching to a more north easterly direction next week?

I can't help feeling this will bring better prospects for most of us seeing some snow on the ground, albeit if it's showers some will be luckier than others.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Rain yawn!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

My phone has been going off every 30 minutes or so with updates on the Met Office app. Currently yellow warnings for snow and ice every day until Wednesday.

• Like 3

Posted

Light snow here in Sawbridgeworth. After about 15 minutes of light drizzle. I look in quite good alignment with how the shower is coming down from NW.

Further East look good for this moving across later, better time for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Supposedly snowed overnight here on Ealing, all gone by the time I got up this morning. Just drizzle and light rain from the current band of precip

Posted

Sleet and snow showers will continue to affect many area during Saturday and into Sunday. These will be most frequent across northern and Western Scotland, Northern Ireland, West Wales and Devon and Cornwall. Other areas will be largely dry until a more organised area of light snow moves southwards during the early hours of Sunday morning. Accumulations of 1-2 cm are possible, with perhaps 5 cm on some high ground, mainly in the north and west. Icy patches are likely. Strong winds will also gust to around 60 mph along exposed northern and western coasts.

The cold, northerly airflow continues to affect the UK. A low pressure system brings organised areas of sleet and snow to northern and some eastern areas later on Saturday and into Sunday. These areas are covered by a separate yellow warning. In other areas, snow showers will be less frequent, but there remains a risk of some slight accumulations, and icy patches will form on untreated roads. Showers will become gradually less frequent on Sunday morning.

Local Authorities affected and associated warning levels

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Kent

post-19153-0-70441900-1422708718_thumb.j

The snow warning covers me now. :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1422662400®ionName=se

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Snowflakes are still to be seen but definitely more rain in the mix than before in Stevenage and the cars losing the covering they had

Posted

This is like trying to get blood out of a stone!!

Posted

This is like trying to get blood out of a stone!!

It's just started in Nazeing ....I'll blow it your way !

Edited by Ifonly

Posted

Mixture of rain sleet and snow here but it has been snow now for the last 10 minutes or so, not really settling except where yesterday's snowcover remains

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

After the initial heavy snow in Peterborough, which gave about 1.5cm accumulation in a short time, as it became lighter, the snow turned to wet snow. then sleet and finally rain, most of the snow has now been washed away.  Temps had got down to about 0.4 and dew point to -1.4, but have since risen to 3.4c and DP 1.6c and both still rising.

Posted

This so margin it's getting annoying. The snow starts then rain the dp to high oh my life I should be used to this but I am desperate to build a snowman for my daughter hopefully next week is better oh and the boiler is broken earliest call out us tomorrow heaters it us then booooooo

Woke up to no snow here (apart from tiny dusting on car), saw reports in the regional thread and headed straight out. This time ive got a decent conversion out of youtube so it can be watched full hd - fullscreen,  I couldn't find any suitable music so just grabbed a track off freeplay, which is a tad short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ssYWfKlbc&feature=youtu.be

Posted

Heavier snow now here.

I see this is getting good intensification near the Wash, looks good maybe for places like Stowmarket. Braintree, Colchester in a few hours.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

Just snowed for about a minute lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Big flakes in Harlow, and starting in North Weald, im waiting for mine now, in the next village, got big flakes now  :D

um just rain  :cc_confused: with the odd flake thrown in

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 1