Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

What direction is it heading ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The tears will flow in this thread later this afternoon when all the precipitation falls as rain, sadly I would usually offer up a challenge against the doom & gloom and look at the potential but it seems that gets you nowhere on here so I might as well join the anti brigade....you know the ones that set about ruling out everything and anything.

...all eyes on this afternoon's dew point.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Heavy snow - large flakes now falling in central Peterborough, and its settling on all surfaces  temps 1.3c and dew point -0.9c, before it started to snow temps were +2.2c and dew point was +0.4

Posted

Where is WIB who said only rain, sleet was likely today!

Turning into a surprising snowfall this. Radar suggests more to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Well the second band just arriving here - light rain so far (I think) earlier snow nearly all melted..

Posted

Where is WIB who said only rain, sleet was likely today!

Turning into a surprising snowfall this. Radar suggests more to come.

Just south-west of you and has started sleeting here but looks like it will turn to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

South-South west

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Unfortunately it seems to be a warm sector and is rain.

Edit: but turning to snow.

Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Another chance for some snow overnight as an occlusion slides south across Eastern England, 06z UKMO (meso) shows it starting around 2-3am and not clearing until mid-late morning, perhaps showers continuing across East Anglia especially Norfolk exposed to the northerly flow. Here's the Euro4 for 6am which broadly agrees:

post-1052-0-70856200-1422701689_thumb.gi

I think the SE and EA will hopefully do better in general from this northerly eventually turning northeasterly, particularly for those that haven't seen much in the way of snow i.e. London and points south and west.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 4

Haven't had any updates for the snow RE TUES/WED, anyone got any new fax, models, tv bits to talk about?

I must admit if I lived in the southeast corner, Kent especially I would be very excited about the prospects for next week. 

I remember seeing and reading about it during seventies and eighties where it would be dry inland etc but the far south

east and kent would have up to 12"of snow. I am not saying that there will be 12" of snow but the potential is definitely 

there for some moderate to heavy snowfall.

Posted

Just goes to show,you can never take any of the national forecasts as certain.The forecasts were for a mainly dry weekend a couple of days ago.Waiting for that snow to the north of us to drop in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Just goes to show,you can never take any of the national forecasts as certain.The forecasts were for a mainly dry weekend a couple of days ago.Waiting for that snow to the north of us to drop in.

Unfortunately it's rain up here , maybe your uppers are slightly lower than ours.

Posted

Woke up to a little snow on the lawn this morning but by that time it was raining. Hope to see a bit more tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

ugh....Never get much from NE'lies here, hidden behind the Chilterns. Remember the almighty Sunday night snow in the SE in 08/09 - there was hardly anything here, and then a virtual white out in Watford..amazing.

We need a ESE wind...I can't remember those ever occurring!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another chance for some snow overnight as an occlusion slides south across Eastern England, 06z UKMO (meso) shows it starting around 2-3am and not clearing until mid-late morning, perhaps showers continuing across East Anglia especially Norfolk exposed to the northerly flow. Here's the Euro4 for 6am which broadly agrees:

attachicon.gif15020106_3100.gif

I think the SE and EA will hopefully do better in general from this northerly eventually turning northeasterly, particularly for those that haven't seen much in the way of snow i.e. London and points south and west.

There definitely interest there

Fax charts (24h and 36h)

post-17424-0-01795700-1422702487_thumb.ppost-17424-0-06577000-1422702488_thumb.p

Matches well with the euro 4 with a secondary low moving down the east coast with a series of occluded fronts. There could be a spell of rain/sleet and snow from this. Heavier bursts again could deliver a centimetre or two.

East Midlands, eastern parts of our region stretching down to the south coast look good for this afternoon. Whether the precipitation turns to rain in parts during the afternoon is a now-casting question.

Looking at the later fax charts, we could see snow showers anywhere until Monday morning where I think there will be a 24 hour window where it will be mainly dry except for a few snow/graupel showers along the norfolk and Suffolk coasts as the disturbances ease and the wind falls light for all (expect hard frosts).

Later on Tuesday is when I think things will get more interesting again

post-17424-0-83477800-1422702813_thumb.p

Showers will begin to push further into the region as the pattern becomes more unstable and the wind veers towards the north east and strengthens.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hey yeah they are all good thanks, I just put extra bedding in with them but it doesn't seem to bother them they just puff themselves up to keep warm so they are wandering arround looking 3 x bigger at the moment . So far touch wood foxes havent caused a problem but we do lock them away as soon as it gets dark and I think the dog puts off the foxes round here ;)

It's just cold and damp now, not sure if anymore stuff is heading this way. Can dogs and chickens hang together then without any .......errrrr.......disagreements. Oh so chickens keep themselves warm, so you didn't have to resort to this!post-21581-0-98955500-1422702623.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Heavy snow here in Huntingdon!

Heavy snow here in Huntingdon!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Come to daddy keep coming south!!