Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Tonight/early tomorrow morning again PPN coming down from North. Clearly marginal but decent time for PPN when marginal.

post-2496-0-02964000-1422698144_thumb.jp

Edited by Hammer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Grey damp nothingness again! Currently searching for toys to throw out my pram.... oh well plently more chances *she says again*

The wind might switch to the NE/E next week which means jack pot for you. How are the birdies? How do you keep the chickens warm? What about foxes :shok: They keep attacking my cat, chickens wouldn't stand a chance around here. The heavy snow has stopped now, everywhere is wet rather than white here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Its snowing ,bit fat fluffy flakes .not settling but still lovely to see .have a great Saturday  :)

Posted

Still snowing here, looks like lots of dark clouds still about, any idea when this is due to clear?

I'm sure you have the tail end of it now but looking on the radar we have some more showers for later.Not so sure if will be snow or a sleety mix.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Oh well can't get video to upload:-( but we had heavy snow here for 40 minutes, it stopped 10 mins ago Ditchling Beacon looks nice and snowy from my window too :/)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Grey damp nothingness again! Currently searching for toys to throw out my pram.... oh well plently more chances *she says again*

lol.. you big baby :p

your area should do well next week from the easterly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

This marginality is **** me off :( It was supposed to be colder this weekend!

Posted

Stayed completely dry from both this mornings events which goes to show the weather has a funny way of sharing the love.

Was strange like the Captain said waking up to leaden grey skies and a hard frost.

Tuesday onwards still grabs the attention for the SE

• Like 2

Posted

Band of precip to my NW will soon reach me. Slightly nervous it would be of rain but reports coming in from Lincs that its falling as snow. A spell of sunshine this morning increased my temps but if the precip is heavy enough it will fall as snow.

• Like 1

Posted

post-6751-0-61966700-1422699303_thumb.jp

Band of precip to my NW will soon reach me. Slightly nervous it would be of rain but reports coming in from Lincs that its falling as snow. A spell of sunshine this morning increased my temps but if the precip is heavy enough it will fall as snow.

Indeed it is, just taken out of the bedroom window

• Like 2

Posted

Oh well can't get video to upload:-( but we had heavy snow here for 40 minutes, it stopped 10 mins ago Ditchling Beacon looks nice and snowy from my window too :/)

Try get a screenshot from it that may work although I'm not sure how to upload photos on here lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

The wind might switch to the NE/E next week which means jack pot for you. How are the birdies? How do you keep the chickens warm? What about foxes :shok: They keep attacking my cat, chickens wouldn't stand a chance around here. The heavy snow has stopped now, everywhere is wet rather than white here.

Hey yeah they are all good thanks, I just put extra bedding in with them but it doesn't seem to bother them they just puff themselves up to keep warm so they are wandering arround looking 3 x bigger at the moment . So far touch wood foxes havent caused a problem but we do lock them away as soon as it gets dark and I think the dog puts off the foxes round here ;)

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

lol.. you big baby :p

your area should do well next week from the easterly.

I know, this time next week if nothing I'll be going full on toddler mode kicking and screaming on the floor... I may even have to pop into the mod thread ;)

In all seriousness though I do think arround thursday is my chance :)

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Haven't had any updates for the snow RE TUES/WED, anyone got any new fax, models, tv bits to talk about?

Posted

Been keeping an eye on Tuesday for the last few days; seems to have had snow predicted for a while now - is that looking like a "good" day still for the SE?

My advice is to treat the Met Office warnings like the holy grail. They won't issue a warning at short notice unless they feel it's highly likely, and they tend to be spot-on with their short term forecasting.