Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yea I really miss SC's own thread tbh. I know it was quieter but even so at least I had a home lol.

I would say you have more in common with this region than South West, I always think that the regionals should reflect the MO regions

• Like 2

Posted

Well the national BBC forecast and local Anglia forecast both showed sleet/snow over much of Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex tonight. Anglia weather described it as a "system" - presume it must be a trough then (possibly the one forming to the east of Scotland at the moment that I mentioned earlier?)

Interesting. I might go outside soon and feel air. Westerly breeze usually bad here as it blows in warm air from North London. We want the cold stuff from the Forest!

Posted

ITV weather, just think it will be mainly rain and sleet tonight, and into tomorrow morning.

If it's that marginal, I know full well I will be waking up to wet surfaces outside in the morning.

No doubt they will be right in this case but in fairness who really cares about ITV weather? I can't imagine a commercial channel puts a lot of its profits into forecasting!

Posted

Temp has dropped to 1.8c in Coney Hall forecast for some light snow in the early hours, even a light dusting would be good! as have recently returned from 3 years in western Australia and really miss the white stuff! :0)

Posted

Just the outside chance inland of a little snow before sunrise could be rain sleet in most places tonight

Posted

IF was saying in other thread that they have high confidence that feature off SW will miss UK. They have more concern with a feature heading South on Tuesday.

This is the feature I was talking about to the SW.... lets all pray

gfs-0-66.png?12

Edited by Hammer

Posted

IF was saying in other thread that they have high confidence that feature off SW will miss UK. They have more concern with a feature heading South on Tuesday.

Indeed, but you never know, its far enough out for it to change

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Temperature dropping off quickly here now. Hovered about 2.5C until an hour ago, now 0.8C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Local forecast mentioned the risk of possible disruptive snowfall on Tuesday so very much inline with what Ian said.

Yesterday forecasts were for a dry weekend, today the forecasts have changed to show wintry showers across the entire region. Whilst sleet is likely at lower levels, as Saturday progresses increasingly colder air will likely turn them increasingly to snow.

Yesterday - Dry weekend

Today - Wintry showers

Shows how quickly things can change in a setup like this. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes certainly something that could trend more favourably.

Indeed, but you never know, its far enough out for it to change

Posted

:good:

I think those going round in circles dissecting forecasts from different forecasters (or the same ones at different times) are just going to tie themselves in knots here. You're in the SE of England, so clearly northerlies aren't the ultimate for snow and real cold, but it's cold enough (in the main), and there is a risk of some snow. That should really be enough - no matter how many times you read a forecast that's a variation on the theme, it's not going to change - so perhaps relax a tad and see what happens rather than continually going through this whole weather angst thing?

• Like 2

Posted

Just the outside chance inland of a little snow before sunrise could be rain sleet in most places tonight

Not true :wink: less marginal tonight compared to yesterday, by the time showery precip towards Scotland comes S it should be of snow away from coastal strips, radar is getting more busy goody good.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Im far too obsessed with this. Watching the models is getting very boring now. If it snows it snows, if it doesn't, ill get on with life.

• Like 2

Posted

The showers atm in Wales and West Midland are nearly all snow according the the radar? Also that band of snow in Edinburgh has expanded and intensified. That's what should reach us later tonight I suspect. But will it still be snow?

• Like 1

Posted

The showers atm in Wales and West Midland are nearly all snow according the the radar? Also that band of snow in Edinburgh has expanded and intensified. That's what should reach us later tonight I suspect. But will it still be snow?

Yes I'm also watching it closely I suspect a trough is 'working' S.

post-19153-0-78903500-1422645570_thumb.j

Posted

Still waiting for a birds crap here let alone a trough in Dumfries😀😀😀

You put it so sweetly. :laugh:

Essexweather did get it fairly spot on yesterday this is what he has to say regarding tonight: @HenryLane145 During the second half of the night snow showers likely to move South-Eastwards. May fall as rain or sleet at sea level.

I do like it when these unforecasted radar watches, top stuff.

Posted

I would say you have more in common with this region than South West, I always think that the regionals should reflect the MO regions

Thank you for the lovely welcome over here. I may be homeless but I can still bake some cakes ... anyone for some fresh victoria sponge cake? ...

ictrup.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Cake looks yum but can I have the purple one

Oh come on! I even gave you a dusting! - The nearest you get to snow ;-)

Sure i'll open the tin up lol.

2.6c here and 0.7c dp

Posted

Welcome Stormforce from the other end of the region!

Welcome back Beka. Where have you been?

After yesterday evening's light dusting, it's been more or less dry here in Hailsham apart from a bit of drizzle for a couple of minutes mid-afternoon. During the morning, the bright sunshine was cheery - a nice change from the grey of the cardiac unit and A&E.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted

Sorry been 23 months so very ragged around the edges for snow...keep the updates coming though Daniel...optimism and charts love em...we I'll get snow soon convinced of it

Very true I feel burnt out this winter thus far, has been enriched with letdowns IMBY, it has to break in our favour. Next frame has showed a slight weakening, come on lad. :p If you do not see me on here you know its not good, I have never spent so much time analysing and what have you to little substance, it really is a fickle business.

NMM is very interesting indeed BANK!

post-19153-0-88965400-1422647237_thumb.j

• Like 1