Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

A dusting at Roydon but before we've even reach Broxbourne the White landscape has disappeared and been replaced by that familiar wet green tinge.

Goes to show how limited the scope of the snowfall was

SK

EDIT - I see you beat me to it Hammer! Amazing how quickly it disappeared past Harlow

Edited by snowking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

ok ,heres my front and back garden, meltingpost-9216-0-37084200-1422605555_thumb.jppost-9216-0-89977400-1422605626_thumb.jp slowly, going slushy now.

oh Dam upside down,  :shok:

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 4

Posted

Some pics of Snow at Leigh On Sea just so I am not imagining it with others around me saying there has not been any - Lol

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Paul, those of us that were out and about at 5am did not see anything but rain...  but my parents have just emailed me to say it is now snowing, typical since I am now in London.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Still haven't seen any snow yet this winter in SE25, it may have done late yesterday evening, but missed it. In the early hours the snow from the 'polar low' kept N and NE of London with heavy rain/sleet here.

Looking ahead, 00z UKMO shows a band of wintry showers moving through in the early hours of Saturday morning marking the wind shift to a colder northerly tomorrow. After that model runs look fairly dry for our area, just hope some surprises pop, as I may go through the whole of this cold spell without seeing any snow, lol.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Posted

Indeed. I've seen before when snow comes from that direction. I get lucky whereas Brox/Cheshunt don't. That said I think those locations can do better from Easterly.

A dusting at Roydon but before we've even reach Broxbourne the White landscape has disappeared and been replaced by that familiar wet green tinge.

Goes to show how limited the scope of the snowfall was

SK

EDIT - I see you beat me to it Hammer! Amazing how quickly it disappeared past Harlow

Posted

Still haven't seen any snow yet this winter in SE25, it may have done late yesterday evening, but missed it. In the early hours the snow from the 'polar low' kept N and NE of London with heavy rain/sleet here.

:))

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

A nice surprise fall of snow here.
ENough to cover car and grass, in a nice white cover up.

Roads wet, cant see it lasting beyond mid morning.

At least kids happy.

Now for the real deal soon, the dry non melting stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I'd usually be completely downhearted by the lack of snow this morning after a promising forecast, but I've taken out insurance this year am flying to Aviemore today for a weekend snow fix. No chance of warm air mixing in up that mountain

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

All melted this morning as expected but lovely to see last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Bits of snow overnight gave a meagre accumulation this morning, woke to drizzle but it's just started snowing again!

Been a bit surprised at the amounts, more than I thought but still nothing spectacular. Chance of a bit more wintry-ness yet over the next week but have to say outlook looks dry for the shorterm. Maybe we can squeeze a bit of snow out of a brief NEasterly later?

Generally though, the projected Synoptics are not the Synoptics we are looking for...

post-6273-0-37978300-1422607195_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Ian F's comments in the SW thread make grim reading, and as the meto have been pretty spot on this winter it doesn't bode well, not being downbeat, just realistic, hoping for a suprise or two though :)

Edited by leemondo

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

It's difficult to see where the next snow risk lies currently for our region. The air looks on the wrong side of marginal when there is some precipitation around up to Sunday and the it looks drier unless we can get an easterly feed that was hinted at later in the output. North facing coasts are likely to fare OK with wintry showers, but it will be a case of waiting to see if something pops up in the northerly air flow - we should never rule that out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

woke up at 6am and peaked out, maybe had less than a centimeter, and it melting very quick now, so there much a been one hell of a shower in the night. Little one happy but it's not enough for a snow man. 

Posted

Ian F's comments in the SW thread make grim reading, and as the meto have been pretty spot on this winter it doesn't bode well, not being downbeat, just realistic, hoping for a suprise or two though :)

It's obviously a change from what the ECM 32 dayer was saying with potential for HLB in weeks 3 and 4 (ie weeks 2 and 3 of feb...)

Posted

Woke up to nothing but puddles this morning - quite pleased I was soundo in bed by midnight :laugh:

Lovely seeing the pictures from the lucky few this morning though - at least it's a better winter than last year :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Lol what the f* happened last night ahha!!

Oh well maybe next.. (He says for the 10th time) 

No matter... Settled and cold? Suits me down to the ground...

Roll on summer too.. Can't wait for the mentally hot nights watching the thunderstorms TRY and cross the channel LMFAO haha!!

nope.. the frenchies will grab them just like they always do and never make it here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Must have had some snow last night as when I took the kids to school there were a few area's of slippery slush, was clear though so just looked wet till you walked on it. Was drizzling during the journey, must have rained a bit heavier at some stage though I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

nope.. the frenchies will grab them just like they always do and never make it here

We had some right good storms that did make it last year, even to London and further north, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this summer.