Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

I've known polar lows to give much more precip than expected too!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Plus they rapidly weaken and break up over land?

But if these conditions so we are told are ripe for instability won't that help keeping it together?

Honest question.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

That big blob coming down could, and I stress could grab a bit more moisture as it crosses the thames...

Posted

Moving on...... All eyes on the radar an interesting night coming up and a welcome surprise!

some they interesting showers  heading to our region  some of us could have a nice surprise  in the morning!!  i.e  5  o clock getting up   to go to work!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

nope, just the majority

40% of benefits is paid to pensioners! Beware of the Government propaganda to make everyone believe that "scroungers" are the ones bleeding this country - tax avoidance is the biggest crime which highly paid people/large companies are very good at!!!

Anyway, I'm still hoping for a little surprise come morning, I want to hear myself saying "They only said a few centimeters!!" Lol! I can dream!x

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Commute will be interesting tomorrow if we get a good covering. Hopefully Huntingdon will live up to usual performances and deliver no snow at all.

Posted

I see a lot of METO and BBC bashing in the previous pages!

It's very easy to be a keyboard warrior and dislike any information given to you free of charge. Don't forget, the METO do this for YOU for FREE, and if you can do better on your PC or iphone than a supercomputer then you might have a reason to complain!

Personally for me the weather will do what it will do, no point in getting all frustrated over a forecast made on such a dynamic and rapidly evolving subject.

I see a lot of METO and BBC bashing in the previous pages!

It's very easy to be a keyboard warrior and dislike any information given to you free of charge. Don't forget, the METO do this for YOU for FREE, and if you can do better on your PC or iphone than a supercomputer then you might have a reason to complain!

Personally for me the weather will do what it will do, no point in getting all frustrated over a forecast made on such a dynamic and rapidly evolving subject.

The meto data isn't free. It's paid for by taxpayers. And I pay my TV license too, so the BBC service isn't free either. And everyone is at liberty to express their opinion.

• Like 1

Posted

Lets get back to the weather guys, Scroungers, Benefits dodgers whatever they are should be a thread in the chat area, will hide any more that crop up!

• Like 7

Posted

i think Suffolk / norfolk can expect snow  showers  withing  the next hour    a nice big line of them  if the radar right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

anim_ir.gif

Lovely twirl.

• Like 2

Posted

But if these conditions so we are told are ripe for instability won't that help keeping it together?

Honest question.

No one knows as Steve Murr mentioned earlier on polar lows are known to go tame for a little and then gather momentum such is that nature of such system. I expect it to do just fine...9:30 update will be interesting. :)

Polar low: A polar low is a small-scale, short-lived atmospheric low pressure system (depression) that is found over the ocean areas poleward of the main polar front in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Not standard stuff ^

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I can report even in the snow shield that is north northants it's started snowing heavy and have a couple of cm s. Settle very quickly.

Posted

Like I said earlier... 

Told you so.  :cold:  :rofl:

Snow line now into London... Anything from now till tomorrow midday SHOULD be off snow  :D

Was waiting for the first I told ya so :) Saw yours earlier n knew it. Had mostly graupel / sleet around 5 but can confirm there was was a short period of snowy stuff. Looking at radar next couple of hours, showers to NW seem to be dying a bit atm, those over NI heading our way also decaying atm. Fingers crossed for a bit of decent snow if not overnight then the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a few flakes of snow, but now stopped as soon as I typed this!  Hope to at least have dusting in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hey guys. Be positive.... You never know. If your not gonna be positive and just plain negative because of the previous cold spells do one... Ha

Temp 1.7c DP -3

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

No one knows as Steve Murr mentioned earlier on polar lows are known to go tame for a little and then gather momentum such is that nature of such system. I expect it to do just fine...9:30 update will be interesting. :)

Polar low: A polar low is a small-scale, short-lived atmospheric low pressure system (depression) that is found over the ocean areas poleward of the main polar front in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Not standard stuff ^

cheers mate

Back to

Hoping your map is right then

Posted

I can report even in the snow shield that is north northants it's started snowing heavy and have a couple of cm s. Settle very quickly.

Great to hear.

I must say the line responsible for that was not really expected to get so far East, and at present showers seem to be re-forming around the M1 sort of area, so potentially an early surprise for some, especially in the West of the region.

SK