Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

If this had been the 70s or 80s wouldn't have batted any eyelid at a bit of graupel/sleet. Just shows how snow starved we are these days. In the 80s, I remember us having a proper snow "event" at least once every year without fail.But then again Easterlies were the norm then. Rare as hen's teeth these days 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes of any sort

Sleety Rain being reported in Herstmonceux by the other-half, Still nothing on the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

First white path for over 2 years!

CELEBRATION

FullSizeRender_zps847e73d7.jpg

What a difference a couple of miles make! Didn't settle here at all, came down 4/10 on the Murr scale for 5 minutes or so then stopped, despite having greens over me on the radar, very strange

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

What a difference a couple of miles make! Didn't settle here at all, came down 4/10 on the Murr scale for 5 minutes or so then stopped, despite having greens over me on the radar, very strange

My friend who lives at most 10 roads down from me in Gillingham just rang to say there wasn't a flake there.

I'm bouncing round like a mad thing.

Nearly all melted already but that's made me smile! I just want a couple of inches so my little girl can make her first snow man now but she went nuts when it started falling, she has never seen it before!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Indeed, had some heavy graupel for a couple of minutes and that was it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Sleety hail while putting bike away in the garage @ Greenhithe about 15 mins ago, now shedding the thermal layers with cup of Horlicks in hand. :)

Posted

I installed my weather station in Sept 2013 and this afternoon I've recorded the lowest air pressure yet - 977.3mb! It didn't even get that low during the storms we had last winter...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Heavy graupel shower, not settling

Posted

Temp has really took a dive 1.6C with odd flurry dew point -1C, all precip from now on will be snow.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Do we have any more due to night

I have just driven down from London it was raining in London but it has snowed at my house in Sussex how the hell did that happen

Posted

Tis very Interesting that areas that are along the Estuary have not really had anything due to marginality issues, North Kent, South Essex etc etc whereas head a bit further North or South and Snow seems to have stuck quite readily, these things always interest me much like the 2009 Polystyrene Ball Snow Incident on the 2nd February when Surrey got foot of snow and other areas never even had anything settle!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I get the impression (and don't get me wrong I am not a MetO hater as they do a sterling job) that the MetO really didn't expect the cold to move in so fast and certainly wouldn't be looking at snow falling today for most of us who have seen it.

There definitely seems to be some agreement in the models that this could shift to an easterly as well..

What's that old NW saying? 'Get the cold in first' 

Well, we certainly have done that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

gens-19-1-150.png

:shok:

• Like 1

Posted

Tis very Interesting that areas that are along the Estuary have not really had anything due to marginality issues, North Kent, South Essex etc etc whereas head a bit further North or South and Snow seems to have stuck quite readily, these things always interest me much like the 2009 Polystyrene Ball Snow Incident on the 2nd February when Surrey got foot of snow and other areas never even had anything settle!

I remember that well.. I was living in Grain at the time, was sat in amazement as the bright radar echos gave me 2inches of Polystyrene balls whereas just a few miles further West they were getting pummelled. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's gridlocked when the sun's out!

I have sleet in Beddington - effectively Croydon.

I live up in the hills of Shirley .. Its always more snowy here. It's stopped now and melted anyway Edited by Vivian

Posted

Polar low going by sat could come this way those more favoured are to the north and west of the region. Again it could die out, but I hope it retains its composure & explodes and does some magic. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

gens-19-1-150.png

:shok:

I certainly like the look of that!!!

Polar low going by sat could come this way those more favoured are to the north and west of the region. Again it could die out, but I hope it retains its composure & explodes and does some magic.  :D

Looking quite good so far, hoping that it continues hooking round through the Irish Sea, with the jetstream helping with convection.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed eh?

There are also some very nice showers beginning to build through the Cheshire Gap, keep an eye on those...

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Polar low going by sat could come this way those more favoured are to the north and west of the region. Again it could die out, but I hope it retains its composure & explodes and does some magic. :D

It does appear to me on a more South-Easterly track rather than South through Ireland/Wales..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

lol raining and this a cold spell? :/

Posted

But even if it does, Alex Deakin reiterated a few minutes ago that by the stage it reaches the South East, the snow will be confined to the hills. So maybe the less cold air (which is forecast for Friday) will already be in place?