Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Raining in central Peterborough, with temps dropping to 4.4c but dew point rising from 0.4c to 0.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Very good, informative forecast from Tomasz Schackernathermacker on BBC lunchtime news, graphics showing some risk of light snow pretty much everywhere tonight. That nice looking disturbance north of the UK now is forcasted to head due south and then take a more SE track as it exits somewhere off the south coast. Preciptition on its north east flank should be snow an this grazes the SE early in the morning. My afternoon's entertainment? Watching the track of that low on sats!

• Like 5

Posted

Northampton should be getting some heavy precipitation now any reports of what is falling would be good!

I'm right by Silverstone currently and nothing falling here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Sleet/ rain in MK

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Just spoke to my niece who's in Kingsthorpe , 3 miles from Northampton town Centre) and she says it's pouring of snow there, and in the space of 5 mins everything has turned white...

Edited by SE Blizzards
  • Like 1

Very good, informative forecast from Tomasz Schackernathermacker on BBC lunchtime news, graphics showing some risk of light snow pretty much everywhere tonight. That nice looking disturbance north of the UK now is forcasted to head due south and then take a more SE track as it exits somewhere off the south coast. Preciptition on its north east flank should be snow an this grazes the SE early in the morning. My afternoon's entertainment? Watching the track of that low on sats!

Imagine if it stalled and dumped loads of snow over all of us  :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Dew points generally 0C or a degree below in the southeast and E Anglia away from the coasts, frustrating waiting for the sleet and snow showers to the west to arrive, but a look at the 1000z surface analysis shows a trough moving ESE which should drag 'em our way by early evening:

attachicon.gifUKM_1000analysis.JPG

Look at that low to the NW Scotland, one to keep an eye on is it drops SE tonight, UKMet and ECM take this feature and its sleet and snow mostly west of our area though GFS does bringing it further east into our area overnight, so one to keep an eye on.

Turned a lot cloudier here in London in the last hour with some dark bases to the cumulus, might squeeze out a flurry before the 'main event' later.

Shows up beautifully on Sat24

http://www.sat24.com/

Just looked at the charts, it's completely unforecasted.. 

Aren't these one and the same? They look like it to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Hot, No inbetween please!!!!

Temp dropped from 6.8 to 4.3 in the last 30 mins, dewpoint 1.3, pressure dropping very fast

Posted

Hey I'm right on the coast in Seaford and big clouds are rolling in and hugging the coastline

... blocking out the sun now.. fingers crossed for some wintry

precipitation :)

Edited by LeeRoyxD

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Things in the midlands thread are taking off with snow falling.

Expect some in this region, although it may overnight that is our opportunity to have some proper snow!!

I just want to see a few flakes!!!

S

That's if the showers don't die away like they did last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Going dark here in the factory.

• Like 1

Posted

That's if the showers don't die away like they did last night

1 big difference

There is a trough sinking south eastwards currently over the Midlands which will aid in the showers

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Heavy big flake snow here for the last half hour and still falling (though that should stop soon looking at the radar).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

sky dark as you like over bubs school, and the sun trying to come out so i think i've missed the worst,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

This country is ridiculous. Airports are closing because of a few cm, BBC news reports are racing across the country to stand in the snow and say "Look, snow" on live TV. 

America had 30" of snow, sure they shut down during the storm but immediately after they were opening and running as usual again. Pull yourself together Britain!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Sunny Brighton is turning a lovely colour grey now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Thinking beginning to kick off now, the showers in the north are turning to snow now according to radar and the ones to the west of me are incoming.Clouding over here now.