Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

So its going to be another long night for me  :D

Jo Maybe you will get your fix late afternoon evening :)

Be thankful you don't live in Bedford, my freezer is seeing more action than the weather outside.

Those people moaning about people moaning are becoming just as bad as those who are moaning, TBH. It's a discussion thread so surely we aren't all going to agree?

just a thought, don't shoot me. 

:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

At present Wales is getting all the precipitation:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?CONT=ukuk&CREG=ukuk&LTYP=vie&LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&W=0&L=0&SLP=0&ROAD=0&CITY=&LF=0&SUM=0&LOOP=1

....patience will be a virtue for us -'later'   :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

According to the radar the showers are beginning to get into the region, a heavy one running through north Norfolk at the moment. 

Cloud is slowly building here. Certainly feels like a sunshine and showers day.

Edit some light snow showers breaking out over Suffolk now too.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Cloud building here. Fingers and toes crossed for later.

Yippee . Snow and ice warning for the southeast later.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Clouds starting to build up here, windy and temp 4 ,dp 1,suns still fighting its way through gaps in the clouds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

raining in Northampton....now there's a surprise. not!

no chance for those further down south if it aint snowing in Northampton then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I think we're in a very fortunate position with cold progged for the reliable timeframe. Today isn't the only chance we have of seeing snow in the region, so I honestly can't fathom the despair. Looking at the bigger picture, I think we have a good shout post weekend too, so I'm not going to get hung up on only seeing a few bits of snizzle if it doesn't deliver. Also worth remembering that it might not be a bad thing that the precip isn't anywhere near us yet, given that most local temps are above what we'd need for snow. Give it some time and let them drop towards evening!

Just as an aside, We had about an hour of big fat flakes, foretasted, last Thursday morning. I'd recommend radar watching!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Ok ,we might not get enough to build a snowman in the garden, but if im really lucky i might just get enough to build a snowman to go in my freezer, :D , ive got my munchies ready,the odd drink or more and of course my sos,  :help: ,may happen, may not, but im going to enjoy it,no matter what  :D

Oh and dp dropped to 0 now

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Snowed and sleeted lightly in Kemp town Brighton just now for about 2 minutes which was rather surprising ha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The problem stems from some having too high expectations. For example I tried to urge caution in the model thread but was largely ignored. The period we are currently in was never going to bring widespread heavy snowfalls because this region never does well from a NW,ly. However its the period early next week that especially interests me as Paul S also said.

I will finally add that knowlege of your local weather is sometimes more reliable than the actual model output. For example I know in my location the difference in disruption of snow showers from a N/NNE/NE/ENE/E,ly. I bet Steve M and Paul S will say the same in their locations.

Agree with this. I've no big expectations from the next 24 hours and I'm looking at next week more, with the reload of Arctic air over the weekend. It doesn't mean I don't think some of us will be pleasantly surprised tonight / tomorrow though. I just think I'll (IMBY) not see anything memorable and anything will have melted by tomorrow afternoon, whatever. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Snowed and sleeted lightly in Kemp town Brighton just now for about 2 minutes which was rather surprising ha!

really ?? I'm in the office right next to Camp Town :-) and I saw diddly squatt, not only that but the Dew points here are way too high for snowfall, currently the closest reiable station in Shoreham has our Dew point as 3.1 and the temperature as 7.1, not even close to support snowfall :-(

Posted

Could not believe temperature has soared to 6.7C here - lovely in the sun but the wind is biting...

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Not really had anything in terms of snow here this week.

Just literally a few flakes last night, but that was it.

Posted

Defo sleety dno

really ?? I'm in the office right next to Camp Town :-) and I saw diddly squatt, not only that but the Dew points here are way too high for snowfall, currently the closest reiable station in Shoreham has our Dew point as 3.1 and the temperature as 7.1, not even close to support snowfall :-( Defo sleety snow, I'm on top of a roof putting in 2 ton of Steels in Rock place and the little groupel settled on the steels for about 3 seconds before melting , freezing up here!! Ha
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think temperatures will fall soon...

Posted

Defo sleety snow, I'm on top of a roof putting in 2 ton of Steel RSJ's in Rock place and the little groupel settled on the steels for about 3 seconds before melting , freezing up here!! Ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Hot, No inbetween please!!!!

Here are the current condtions in Havant, (Hamps):

zyhrvt.jpg

30di1he.jpg

Edited by Reefy

Posted

I'm a little concerned that temperatures seem to be reaching much higher than forecast.  I hope this is not a sign of things to come!  This has happened during cold spells in the past.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Nearest weather station to me (around 3-4 miles due East) is showing 4.9C and 1C DP

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster