Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I wasn't referring to Brighton specifically. I was commenting on tbe BBC extended forecast at 21:55 when Alex Deakin showed dry weather throughout the weekend across the whole of the SE..... it was surprising, as it was at odds with earlier forecasts

He clearly said they had little confidence in the forecast and to keep your eye on the BBC site, basically ha admitted it's nowcasting time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

You have to laugh, when will people learn that the majority of snow events normally show up at very short notice. The beeb will not comment on snow until they are confident!!

Absolutely, but forecasting 6C in the Southeast on Monday seems rather optimistic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

The lamppost watching has started :) The showers are just dying out as they get here, but there's plenty of time for that to change...

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

You have to laugh, when will people learn that the majority of snow events normally show up at very short notice. The beeb will not comment on snow until they are confident!!

I agree with that comment. They usually are vague and say 'stay tuned for updates' . That's why it was very strange that he was specific that it would be dry.

Posted

Up narf are having wet snow unless you are on high ground where it is sticking. ..The latest gfs is showing a low off the eas coast early next week, so something positive there, then a high drifts up in to Scandinavia.

I dont think anything in the south untill weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Just witnessed a small earthquake here in Peterborough! Another thing to add to the fun!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

time to head to bed now, hopefully there will be a little snow overnight. 

No day 4/5 FAX charts yet, very late tonight.

Posted

He clearly said they had little confidence in the forecast and to keep your eye on the BBC site, basically ha admitted it's nowcasting time.

Not for the 21:55 forecast. The uncertainty was only to do with the small low to the west on Monday. He didn't seem uncertain about the weekend at all. I wasn't commenting on whether it would be accurate, just that it was the first forecast today that I'd seen that hadn't been couched in uncertainty. He certainly made no comment on a pasting for any part of the SE.

Posted

Snow showers possible tomorrow, Friday morning continues to be one to watch also.

So no overreaction, not suggesting accumulations. But looks good some will see it falling.

• Like 1

Posted

I reckon outside chance of light snow shower for N Kent tonight at approx 2am. :)

I live in North Kent, but I think I'll give that one a miss, just on the off chance that we might get a light snow flurry.  It's a new day tomorrow. And much more chance of seeing snow showers building late morning, lasting through to Friday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

think I am imagining stuff here but keep hearing what sounds like thunder every now and then. Every time though I get to window to open it is quiet again. Going to go out for ciggy and investigate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Just witnessed a small earthquake here in Peterborough! Another thing to add to the fun!

Can't find this recorded anywhere as yet. When you say witnessed you mean you actually saw objects shaken or moved?

• Like 3

Posted

Can't find this recorded anywhere as yet. When you say witnessed you mean you actually saw objects shaken or moved?

sky news reporting it

Was in Leicestershire

• Like 1

Posted

sky news reporting it

Was in Leicestershire

3.9 on Richter scale equates to minor a big one for UK standards. Yesterday there was a 2.9 near Wiltshire!

Magnitude ML 3.9

Region ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM

Date time 2015-01-28 22:25:51.1 UTC

Location 52.70 N ; 0.80 W

Depth 10 km

Distances 140 km N of London, United Kingdom / pop: 7,556,900 / local time: 22:25:51.1 2015-01-28

6 km NW of Oakham, United Kingdom / pop: 10,150 / local time: 22:25:51.1 2015-01-28

8 km SW of Wymondham, United Kingdom / pop: 11,674 / local time: 22:25:51.1 2015-01-28

http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=424741

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

Here's a link to the quake in the UK. It's the 2nd quake in two days for the UK  http://wp.me/p1IeZh-6jf

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for earthquake info. Apologies, as a bit slow on the uptake.

Now back to snow, possibly, let downs, upgrades, ice, wind and whatever over the next week or so. I just hope none of this goes belly up or there could be some very depressed people on here. It won't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Looking at the speed on the radar 2/3am is when these showers will get here, if they do.

Posted

I have not been on here for a long time - but my bones tell me there is a lot of hopium from now through next week :) fingers crossed snow lovers...

Posted

Yamkin,

Do these quakes in the UK have any ongoing consequences or are they treated as a one off event. I mean would they be linked to other "traumas" at a later date or an event waiting to happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

My radiator was shaking and felt the house shake, also a low rumbling sound at the same time. Lasted for 10 secs approx. Very unexpected lol

• Like 2

Posted

Latest Euro4 even suggests slight covering in London!

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/01/28/basis18/ukuk/prty/15012912_2818.gif

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/01/28/basis18/ukuk/prty/15012918_2818.gif

Also here is something of interest for those in Peterborough across to Norfolk.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/01/28/basis18/ukuk/prec/15012903_2818.gif

Indicates a line of showers developing in a few hrs. May stay up till 1am if I can.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Details of the earthquake now on BBC news website. Epicenter near Cottesmore, Rutland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31032930

Posted

Folks remember don't watch the bbc weather forecasts

They don't have a clue what's going to happen with the weather they can't even forecast 6 hours in advance right

• Like 3