Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Showers really starting to develop across Wales now

Where are you getting this from Daniel?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Showers really starting to develop across Wales now

Yes,keeping a close eye on South Wales/Worcestershire could see some light showers even near here in next few hours if they stay in intensity.

• Like 1

Posted

snow showers disappearing as they pass wales/north west...not cold enough?

Plenty cold enough, but air sinking not rising. We see this often in the summer when thunderstorms from France try and make it across the channel only to bump into a severly non-convective SE and they die-off before landfall.

Edited by Sparkicle
  • Like 2

Posted

quite  surprised  felixstowe docks  are shut due  to high  winds as im only 10 miles  away it anything there  hardly  any outside  unless they getting ready for the snow due on the coast later  in the  night

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

It's the joke of the month.....every single region has a snow warning every single one apart from? Guess which one? Ours of course it just infuriates me it is so typical. Check out MO website. Couldn't believe it so hacked off. Are we really that far away from other regions that the snow falls short of an extra few miles? Ggrrrrr

Edited by snowfish1
  • Like 5

Posted

It's the joke of the month.....every single region has a snow warning every single one apart from? Guess which one? Ours of course it just infuriates me it is so typical. Check out MO website. Couldn't believe it so hacked off. Are we really that far away from other regions that the snow falls short of an extra few miles? Ggrrrrr

where are you located snowfish?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Dont be hacked off. Things will change. Expect the unexpected....
  • Like 1

Posted

Our time will come. Keep the faith. :)

• Like 1

Posted

It is gearing up to be the most frustrating winter ever. When it's cold enough we don't get the ppn. When it's mild enough for rain, we do!

• Like 2

Posted

No not at all, in fact good chance of fast moving snow showers tomorrow, accumulations not expected but could give a temporary covering, also there are disturbances and troughs & occlusions all offering the white stuff exciting times, it's only just began. MO tend to take the 70:30 likelihood approach when it comes to snow. I recall in 2010 some areas got a red warning while it had already started snowing. :wink:

post-19153-0-44173700-1422479119_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Checked met office web site lots of places do not have warnings. Don't worry snowfish you are well placed for snow when the northerly is established. Plus of course the convection off the estuary poss setting up a streamer effect.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

It is gearing up to be the most frustrating winter ever. When it's cold enough we don't get the ppn. When it's mild enough for rain, we do!

The classic wishbone affect come Sunday. We really do need that unexpected trough to drop down the country.

• Like 1

Posted

Stansted Airport TAF for 09:00 Thursday to 00:00 Friday - snow showers.

Except of course I won't be there, I'll be in the city.

I must say though that for a N/NW'ly we are actually going to see a few fairly good chances for snowfall over the coming days.

SK

• Like 2

Posted

Hello Andy, I work in stanstead abbotts. The squall lasted about 5-10 mins and was quite lively, should have filmed it on my phone. I heard there was thunder in Norwich but I couldn't hang around for reports here as I had so much to get done. :)

Sorry I thought you said you heard thunder, that's why i asked?

Showers keep dying off from the west cannot see much getting here tonight