Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Pretty potent wind gusts from cold front - odd gust of 45mph, for a very brief period as it passes through.  Strongest wind gust recorded here since Feb last year.  Temperature also dropped from 9.7c to 5.9c in a little over 10 mins.

Edited by MBaines

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

It's nice to see for once its wet and miserable outside but the cold weather is on its way behind. I can't stand it when it's the other way round , rain proceeded by a bit of snow then any snow you might get will all be washed away a couple of hours later leaving behind mild damp mushy weather...

💦💦💦â„â„â„â„⛄⛄⛄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The first front is through now with skies clearing. Now time to wait for the convective band to sweep through which contains some pretty intense rain and gusty winds.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm hoping for some advice please on the best free radars available please?  The only one I use at the moment is "will it rain today", which I find ok as it updates every 15 mins, but it doesn't seem to show precipitation type?  Are there any alternatives.  Thank you.

Posted

Gusts up to 39.8mph here feeling cold although weather station says it's 6 but with windchill feels like 2c. Not that nice at all but hoping for snow over next few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

I'm hoping for some advice please on the best free radars available please?  The only one I use at the moment is "will it rain today", which I find ok as it updates every 15 mins, but it doesn't seem to show precipitation type?  Are there any alternatives.  Thank you.

Try the free one on NW it also update every 15 minutes but does show precipitation type. Or pay around £5 for a 1 month subscription to the "Extra" v6 radar which updated every 5 minutes. Take your pick.

Edited by EastAnglian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 1. Clear skies 2. Cold 3. Snow 4. Hot

I use this site  http://meteox.co.uk/forecastloop.aspx?type=1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything a bit extreme!

Looks like the second cold front has just passed through was very very gusty here, driving rain. At 11:10 the Temp was 9.3 degrees. Dew Point: 7.2 degrees Wind Chill: 9.1 degrees. 10 minutes later at 11:20, Temp is now showing as 7.8 degrees,  Dew Point: 5.4 degrees, Wind Chill:5.4 degrees... Quite a drop in 10mins!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Wow..Check out that squall line on the front.. Just had a really brief series of VERY strong winds!

Thought i saw a squall line when i checked the radar.

I'm learning :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

V6 is the dogs B***

Yep V6 is the dogs co-honers!   :rofl:  Cold front not far away from here according to my v6.

Edited by EastAnglian

Posted

You must be looking at different charts to the ones you posted which show cold rain for most. Granted that is showing snow IMBY but it is so marginal I would be very sceptical!

Agree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Lightning at Oulton Broad just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Are we actually gonna see any white stuff post weekend ?? or is it a case of frontal snow wales , south west , snow showers north east !! southeast dry ????.. Also tempratures don't seem that low BBC saying 5 and 6 c on Monday Tuesday nxt week for my location...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Pouring with rain here, very strong gusts, looks like the end of the world  :help:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Close lightning thunder and hail at Oulton Broad ( near Lowestoft ) Squall passing through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It looks really nasty over Norfolk and Suffolk. Just a narrow squall line for the rest of us. Certainly thunder and lightning in the north segment of the band.

Edited by Captain shortwave