Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Ive just revisited the thread - why is everyone suicidal- its looking very good, initial flurries tomorrow night then potentially the main event for the weekend-!

S

Good to see your post Steve.

You must remember that most of us can't read the charts. We have to rely on you and other good folk to give a true picture. Realise it won't always come off, but at least you admit it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

100% snow risk for london on the ENS LOL

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gens/runs/2015012712/graphe3_1000_306_141___Londres.gif

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hey guys. chillax some of you. What will be will be. There is no need to write anything off yet.... Infact there is a lot to get excited about... If you like cold, bitter winds and frost. I'm not going to even think about snow possabilities until T6.

Just think back to THIS TIME LAST YEAR.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry ive upset you Daniel and anyone else.

That was not my intention.

You've not upset me mickey :) it justs seems some need to reminded it is all very uncertain and no one here are psychics as far as I know, it is good to ask questions, but there are boundaries. 100% what can go wrong I'll take it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Bloody council have taken my lamp post away and put a new one up 50 yards down the road. I used to be able to lie in bed and look out the window to see if it was snowing and now I have to trudge around the house for a suitable window. Might have to put a security camera up pointing towards the new street light!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-42948400-1422385615_thumb.p

Strong west/north westerly wind

Rain AM, sunny spells PM

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-24-0.png?27-19

8-11 up to midday, dropping sharply as the front clears.

Tomorrow night

post-17424-0-51783100-1422385616_thumb.p

Strong westerly winds

Plenty of troughs moving around that low

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-42-0.png?27-19

0-2C

Dew points

15012821_2712.gif

Well below freezing

Any showers will fall as snow, I again think the showers will make it so fingers crossed that some of us will get a dusting.

Thursday

post-17424-0-47676400-1422385617_thumb.p

Fresh to strong west/ north westerly wind

Sunshine and showers, again these will most likely fall as snow

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-49-0.png?27-19

3-5C

Overnight

post-17424-0-49063900-1422385618_thumb.p

Winds ease a little in the north of the region, remaining fresh elsewhere, becoming north westerly. 

The risk of showers continue, note the occlusion moving south. That will be Fridays weather.

nmmuk-0-65-0.png?27-19

Air frost overnight, -1C to -3C

Friday

post-17424-0-50774600-1422385619_thumb.p

Fresh north westerly wind

A front moves south/south east through the region

The 528 dam line is lost when the front pushes through, precipitation will be marginal (Mix of rain/sleet and snow).

This could all change though.

Temperatures - 4-7C

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted

could be an interesting week for me. driving up to newcastle on friday then back on sunday so i should catch some snow somewhere along the way! then its looking good again for the south east for when i get back as well!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Bloody council have taken my lamp post away and put a new one up 50 yards down the road. I used to be able to lie in bed and look out the window to see if it was snowing and now I have to trudge around the house for a suitable window. Might have to put a security camera up pointing towards the new street light!

That's mental cruelty wouldn't accept that.

The first event could be a IMBY/lamp post watching event and very marginal on the south coast

I see Poole council have entered into the spirit replacing the lights in the car park yesterday

post-7914-0-77403100-1422390815_thumb.jp

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1

Posted

The BBC Radio Essex forecast just before the 6pm news, read by an actual forecaster, went something like this.

Wednesday night very windy, the strength of the wind stopping the temperatures falling too low, -1 the min. A few snow showers perhaps giving a dusting in western parts.

Thursday, Friday and the weekend very windy and cold with significant wind chill, mostly dry with the odd wintry shower. Max temps 3 to 4.

So not much mention of snow at the moment. The snow showers have to come a long way to reach us so our best chance for any snowfall will come from troughs and disturbances which won't get picker up until nearer the time.

Posted

after  all the hype  i wait and see  what  happens,  looks  like we  could  miss out again , we need a good eastly!!!

Posted

Well judging by the GFS whilst we may just get a few snowflakes Thursday to Saturday, Sunday morning is offering some more meaningful precipitation and hopefully won't be too localized to north of London! ... and I'd like to think this time it's a case of 'how much' rather than 'rain or snow!' A very cold few days in the lead up also would be nice for a change so any snow shouldn't have a problem settling. Definitely keeping my eye on the forecast for that one; met office haven't quite picked up on it yet. 

Best case scenario 4/5 hours of light/medium snow should give a couple of cm, which a couple of years ago would have been disappointing but I'll take what I can for the time being ;)

Posted

I realise that everyone is on the lookout for snow in the next few days, me included, but I think this is just going to be one of those 'wait and see' situations.  From what I've seen in here and the model thread (which I only enter whilst wearing my tin hat) the potential is certainly there, it's just a question of what happens to crop up in the right place at the right time  :) 

To be perfectly honest, most of the 'snowfests' I've seen over the last few years have been complete surprises and I love it that way!

Here's hoping we all see some of the white stuff over the next few days.  If not at least it's going to be cold which, let's face it, is FAR better than anything that was on offer last winter!

Let's just enjoy the next few days..... what will be, will be.  After all, it is only the weather.  :laugh: 

• Like 7

Posted

Hopefully before the weekend is out some of us will have a light dusting.

114-780UK.GIF?27-12

1 cm I must get the champers out :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I been spying on here all day  :ninja: This has become the mod thread today, :crazy: ,yes i would love snow, but what will come out of the sky ,only mother nature knows, there will always be ups and downs, we are lucky we get all different types of weather, that's why our countryside and coasts are as beautiful as they are  :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Bloody council have taken my lamp post away and put a new one up 50 yards down the road. I used to be able to lie in bed and look out the window to see if it was snowing and now I to trudge around the house for a suitable window. Might have to put a security camera up pointing towards the new street light!

I hope it wasn't my son who took your lamppost away, he digs up and puts new lamp posts in  :sorry: Oh and i dont have a single lamppost where i live, so ive always used my security light, but now the blinking bulb has blown :shok: , so now have no light to see any flakes, ive got to resort to a torch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I have lamposts all around me, being up on the third floor though still makes it hard to see the very finest of snows

Posted

Sorry ive upset you Daniel and anyone else.

That was not my intention.

You havnt mickey, Daniels cup is half full always (re snow) and says what he sees, We all want snow n a bit of chaos. Facts are we will be lucky to have much stick on the ground, sure there will be wintry showers with snow falling but anything more than that will be nowcasting via radar rather than hopecasting.

I been spying on here all day  :ninja: This has become the mod thread today, :crazy: ,yes i would love snow, but what will come out of the sky ,only mother nature knows, there will always be ups and downs, we are lucky we get all different types of weather, that's why our countryside and coasts are as beautiful as they are  :D

post Jo :)

• Like 2

Posted

I realise that everyone is on the lookout for snow in the next few days, me included, but I think this is just going to be one of those 'wait and see' situations.  From what I've seen in here and the model thread (which I only enter whilst wearing my tin hat) the potential is certainly there, it's just a question of what happens to crop up in the right place at the right time  :) 

To be perfectly honest, most of the 'snowfests' I've seen over the last few years have been complete surprises and I love it that way!

Here's hoping we all see some of the white stuff over the next few days.  If not at least it's going to be cold which, let's face it, is FAR better than anything that was on offer last winter!

Let's just enjoy the next few days..... what will be, will be.  After all, it is only the weather.  :laugh: 

:) Payday Friday  Drinks in n enjoy the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

And ive been spying on the mod thread...its been tame today. Tin hat not needed! Seems a lot of regular posters are absent though. Maybe theyre off searching for their sledges. Or even looking for last summers shorts and flip flops now they've worked out when the cold spell is ending......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Our bloody lamposts go out at midnight

• Like 1

Posted

Just wondering if ian f has posted recently in the model thread??? We could do with his insight.

Our bloody lamposts go out at midnight

Yes its a bloody nuisance and really unsafe.

Posted

And ive been spying on the mod thread...its been tame today. Tin hat not needed! Seems a lot of regular posters are absent though. Maybe theyre off searching for their sledges. Or even looking for last summers shorts and flip flops now they've worked out when the cold spell is ending......

Just popped over, latest posts seem in an upbeat mood for a fair bit of cold for a fair time, no heavy dumps of snow, but no downgrades in the the cold atm

• Like 1