Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

BBc weather was just quite stern on a disruption warning from snow, showed a large blob of white over Medway for Thursday...

...and you know the meto app, it shoes a snow symbol for me on Thursday at 12:00 lol...looks to be alone though.

Posted

Serious? People knocking the up and coming cold spell already.. 

One word... 

Sad.

Get a grip.. Just like this cold spell is going to do on the UK.. Snow or no snow.. The nights will be bitter and YES some will see some snow from showers.. just because a model does not show it in your backyard does not mean it won't snow.. and we are still 48 hours away from the cold REALLY gripping in after tomorrow.

EDIT:

Surprise surprise..

Snow showers pushing through..

15012900_2706.gif

15012903_2706.gif

15012906_2706.gif

It's not sad at all. The charts you show DO NOT show significant snowfall in the SE. 

These are the regional threads, people are looking for snow in their own area, not hundreds of miles away in the favoured spots! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

This cold spell could produce something for one day down here, but thereafter, it looks rather anticyclonic with high pressure making inroads midweek next.

So, albeit doom and gloom, it doesn't look great for us snow starved south easterners yet again. 

Graphics of precipitation don't cut it for me. It's on the day that matters and looking at the radar.

Can see it now.......showers moving swiftly across the midlands and dying out as it gets anywhere near the M25 lol.

Edited by GoonerGregg77
  • Like 1

It's not sad at all. The charts you show DO NOT show significant snowfall in the SE. 

These are the regional threads, people are looking for snow in their own area, not hundreds of miles away in the favoured spots! 

This is England we have one of the most diverse weather patterns and weather "type" in the world.. Want snow more often? Then move out.. 

I have already had this year 2 thunderstorms, snow, hail, sleet, gale force winds.. Come on now...

Getting snow is hard down south in winter.. We know that but 1-2cm is better than nothing? PLUS we all know how the weather likes to suprise us... Chin up stop the negative feel.. ROLL ON SUMMER I SAY! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Negativity,negativity, some people never learn aye.

Well i have to say those expecting Proper snowfall with everywhere getting pasting are going to be underwhelmed, equally those predicting bone dry will also be rather disappointed too. I for one am also not expecting much currently, but from cross model consencus it does look like snow shower pushing in from NW/W wednesday evening and into Thursday with upper temps,dew points all ripe for snow. obviously less cold for a time on Friday into Saturday so marginal. But then the northerly comes in, this could also bring troughs/disturbances which of course could bring a organised band of snow potentially. 

I think people need to lower expectations in such scenarios, but also not to discount the spell altogether,  enjoy what comes our way!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cheery picking here but.. 

Just to back up my previous post and Mark Ns..

51-779UK.GIF?27-6

45-779UK.GIF?27-6

Yes, might be seen as cherry picking, but the GFS has been showing this on most runs, precipitation from the W/NW moving through Southern Areas. Wed Night into first thing Thursday, i know GFS Precip don't exactly fill you with confidence but just shows under the conditions, this could occur!

• Like 1

Posted

Cheery picking here but.. 

Just to back up my previous post and Mark Ns..

51-779UK.GIF?27-6

45-779UK.GIF?27-6

They are barely trace amounts though, with the ground wet from previous rain there would be no settling snow in the region

• Like 1

Posted

Don't really expect too much excitement in SE apart from some transitory snowfall in the next couple of days, Fergie allluded to the 2nd/ 3rd Feb where there is a possibility of something a little more interesting

post-11460-0-67708700-1422362560_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Having already witnessed winter wonderland scenes last week that cropped up at relatively short notice I shall refrain from commenting until nearer the time.

At last !! The most sensible post of the day :=)

• Like 2

Posted

Negativity,negativity, some people never learn aye.

Well i have to say those expecting Proper snowfall with everywhere getting pasting are going to be underwhelmed, equally those predicting bone dry will also be rather disappointed too. I for one am also not expecting much currently, but from cross model consencus it does look like snow shower pushing in from NW/W wednesday evening and into Thursday with upper temps,dew points all ripe for snow. obviously less cold for a time on Friday into Saturday so marginal. But then the northerly comes in, this could also bring troughs/disturbances which of course could bring a organised band of snow potentially. 

I think people need to lower expectations in such scenarios, but also not to discount the spell altogether,  enjoy what comes our way!

Negativity - nah. Realism based on what the models are actually saying rather than hopecasting 

They are barely trace amounts though, with the ground wet from previous rain there would be no settling snow in the region

Indeed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

tomorrow night will come down to luck of the draw with shower tracks, but away from coasts and lowest ground, some snow falling looks a decent shout. 

Then late weekend into next week is all to play for, no need for any doom and gloom, as we enter a period that brings the biggest chances of snow so far this winter.

Here's my map for tomorrow night, but of course it'll be a nowcast thing, fingers crossed and best of luck to all :)

post-15445-0-37208800-1422367576_thumb.p

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I want to know where people get their crystal balls..  :rofl: 

attachicon.gifcrsyatl.jpg

Anyway.. I for one am looking forward to Snow showers, frosts and some lovely crisp winter days! AMEN!

Are you going on holiday to Scotland? :wink:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Trotski try the 5th avenue earth can I font see slush

Sorry but what are you talking about ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

What a ramp from sky sports weather :-) had snow over whole of southeast Thursday

BBC national weather also suggested that snow showers could crop up almost anywhere in the UK including down here.

The models display showers, backed up by professional forecasts. Given the FAX charts show troughs and shortwave features developing then I think many will see snow falling over the coming days. The text forecast for this region (East Anglia) still says possible snow accumulations possible :)

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

This thread is starting to get a little bit too miserable. I find the fun is in looking for the snow, sometimes even more than it arriving. Its the chase that is fun. If we get it fantastic, if not.. well Winter isn't over yet. 

Posted

My Forecast .....What will be will be, 

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 3

Posted

Just seen the Euro4 and shows what I expect will happen during Wednesday night.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/01/27/basis06/ukuk/prty/15012900_2706.gif

Obviously those in the N & W of this region have the greatest chance as this is the direction the snow showers are coming from. However its down to pure luck. Remember in these situations you ideally want clusters of snow showers because these have  a greater chance of spreading all the way across.

This thread is starting to get a little bit too miserable. I find the fun is in looking for the snow, sometimes even more than it arriving. Its the chase that is fun. If we get it fantastic, if not.. well Winter isn't over yet. 

Exactly and after the terrible 14 months I have just experienced it makes you realise how unimportant snow really is!

• Like 5