Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

so im working tonight, so i can watch the snow build up in times square, so jealous  :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

had a good dumping, {so posh}, i couldn't get to work, i built a snow man on my own, which was rather boring, then kicked the hell out of it  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy: ,that was fun as i imagined it was my bf at the time, so snow is very good therapy, when we get it  :D

I have heard weather presenters use the term 'dumping'. :D Not being able to get to work, wow! So you ended up getting a 'snow day' as they say in the states. Did you send him a picture of what was left of the snowman? lol I through a child head first into my snowman.......................Not a random child, I'd better add, one who asked me nicely if I could do it.

so im working tonight, so i can watch the snow build up in times square, so jealous  :girl_devil:

During your night shift will be when the blizzard is at its worst. :cold: :cold:

Posted

If I got a £10 for every time the weather for Wednesday/Thirsday/Friday has changed on my MO weather app today alone I would be looking at a small pile of notes! I've gone from rain to cloud to rain to sleet to snow, and now to hail! That's the set isn't it?!

• Like 2

Posted

I have heard weather presenters use the term 'dumping'. :D Not being able to get to work, wow! So you ended up getting a 'snow day' as they say in the states. Did you send him a picture of what was left of the snowman? lol I through a child head first into my snowman.......................Not a random child, I'd better add, one who asked me nicely if I could do it.

During your night shift will be when the blizzard is at its worst. :cold: :cold:

good, i will see it, well so far ive seen someone nearly fall over, men shoveling bits of snow,an open sight seeing bus, which was of course empty, and someone jumping off of a wall, so quite entertaining really :D im glad it wasnt a child, mind you a bratt, it wouldnt hurt  :D

What time plz, is it ment to hit, and to the second plz   

Edited by Jo S

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

February is going to be special...

You heard it first here! 

:whistling:

4 days on from this post and i've see nothing so far to change my mind on this one.

I'm not forecasting a DEC 2010, but i do expect a fairly Cold Month overall, with plenty of snow opportunities to keep all the snow lovers amongst us happy...

The start of Feb looks like beginning on a special note...

ECU0-144.GIF?26-0ECU0-168.GIF?26-0ECU0-192.GIF?26-0ECU0-216.GIF?26-0

gfs-1-192.png?12

Finer detail like where it will snow etc will become clearer in the days ahead.

Let's hope for many more upgrades and for the cold signal to grow each day.

Edited by SE Blizzards
  • Like 3

Posted

All I know is Northerlies are terrible for my location, I'm not sure I remember the last northerly that delivered anything significant here.. Still, I'm looking forward to cold crisp dry days. I love snow don't get me wrong but cold crisp winters days are second choice

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Patchy ground frost in places tonight

nmmuk-0-17-0.png?26-18

1s and 2s overnight

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-38468900-1422303867_thumb.p

Gentle westerly wind

A mostly fine day, though cloud will increase during the day. Staying dry everywhere.

Temperature

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?26-18

7-9C

Wednesday

post-17424-0-44342200-1422303868_thumb.p

Strong west to north westerly wind

Rain will clear around lunchtime to leave sunshine and blustery showers, turning increasingly wintry later in the day.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-48-0.png?26-19

8-10C

Falling quickly through the afternoon, just 3-5C by mid/late afternoon.

Overnight

post-17424-0-41636400-1422303869_thumb.p

Strong westerly wind

Troughs moving through the UK, indicating areas of showers. These will fall as snow.

Temperatures - 0-2C

Thursday

post-17424-0-41579700-1422303870_thumb.p

Moderate to fresh west/north westerly wind

Sunshine and showers, again these could fall as snow

Temperatures - 3-5C

The models indicate that through the weekend the cold will potentially deepen with a northerly flow allowing showers to push in from the north sea. Add to this the potential for disturbances which could bring more organised snow. This cold spell at the moment is being modelled to last until the middle of next week before it becomes settled and frosty (well according to the GFS and ECM).

• Like 5

Posted

I'm getting a tad excited

Hmm well I have been giving the models a miss for a week or so and now I log back in and... people are talking seriously about a cold/snowy spell at T48. 

The brunette on BBC London weather was ramping like mad although she lacked the graphics to back it up! She did promise an extended forecast at the late bulletin so one to set the PVR for maybe...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

i wanna come :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Lol.. You can but I ain't going yet..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Evening all :)

I convinced myself that we will not be in with a chance of snow Weds/Thurs and then came in here & boom! There is a little hope :D Love it!

Any chance on the South Coast do we know yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!

All exciting stuff! Just hope something genuinely materialises for us in Kent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

s14225004002612.gif

from xcweather

must find my snow shovel !

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 1

Posted

still watching the times square cam, the snow shovelers  are losing the battle ,slowly  :)  plus its getting heavier, so not fair,  :girl_devil: But our time will come  :D , I hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

s14225004002612.gif

from xcweather

must find my snow shovel !

Interesting, thats based on GFS 12z output. 

Posted

I convinced myself that we will not be in with a chance of snow Weds/Thurs and then came in here & boom! There is a little hope :D Love it!

Greetings to a fellow Brightonian! Initially we'll have nasty rain on wednesday, theres a chance of some back edge winteriness as the front pushes through in the evening but not likely there will be anything significant at this point. Later on, opportunities may arise but caution to those who live in this corner of the UK, Northerlies aren't great for us so don't be surprised if we don't get anything significant, it will be BITTER though, mainly dry here but bitterly cold none the less., wrap up :)

• Like 2

Posted

Yep there is a considerable chance IMO - between Wed afternoon into Thursday. For pretty much all of the region to see some flakes perhaps more than what we're bargained for, that is the nature of the game. S coast is always going to be iffy, but I say 70% chance for the S coast. Further inland you are the better with elevation but to be truthful parameters look very decent, for snow. Before the snow will be rain, which will depreciate chance of acc.

EURO4 is good in getting the colder dew points in much faster sub zero in London by 12PM this is high res compared to lowly GFS in respect, implying there's a wider window for snow to fall, we'll see. :D

Tasty!

post-19153-0-17289400-1422308687_thumb.jpost-19153-0-11523200-1422308795_thumb.j

Ever reliable GFS 18z precip charts - continuing the *snow* risk for entire region

post-19153-0-13954700-1422309147_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Weathizard & Daniel* ~ thank you! Those charts do look tasty Daniel*.

We kind of hit jackpot in 2009, 2010 & 2012 for snow here in Brighton. All from Easterly's if i remember correctly but still enough for me to erase 'coast' and 'marginal' when in the same sentence from my vocabulary. Optimistic like you Daniel* :D Lets hope this northerly does reach us all - I'm up high enough!

Keep warm too Weathizard.

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ever reliable GFS 18z precip charts - continuing the *snow* risk for entire region

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Guess where that big gap is, Oxfordshire lol 

18z GFS looks alright for showery conditions spreading across Southern England.

Posted

Weathizard & Daniel* ~ thank you! Those charts do look tasty Daniel*.

We kind of hit jackpot in 2009, 2010 & 2012 for snow here in Brighton. All from Easterly's if i remember correctly but still enough for me to erase 'coast' and 'marginal' when in the same sentence from my vocabulary. Optimistic like you Daniel* :D Lets hope this northerly does reach us all - I'm up high enough!

Keep warm too Weathizard.

I got the impression you was adjacent to the shore - you'll be fine then. :good:

Posted

Guess where that big gap is, Oxfordshire lol 

18z GFS looks alright for showery conditions spreading across Southern England.

I pay no attention to these, but they look nice. Oxfordshire is on the naughty step. :p

I will not know where to show my face if it goes high in the sky...!

• Like 1