Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

No surprise as they ignore the GFS.

Might be a good thing - we'll see what happens I'm confident IDO you will muster something out this cold spell, we're all in with a chance. Interesting nonetheless. Dank out there, Cloudy & Cool.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

well  what ever comes  been and got myself  another  bag of  rock salt  from BQ before it go up or all go  well reading fegie tweets this morning and the other met forecasters seems some thing coming after Wednesday!!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

well  what ever comes  been and got myself  another  bag of  rock salt  from BQ before it go up or all go  well reading fegie tweets this morning and the other met forecasters seems some thing coming after Wednesday!!!

I still remain doubtful just like I was with the last two cold spells, or flinting glances more like.....   Coldest weather in two years my ass *Met Office*.  

Edited by TruthSpeaker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I still remain doubtful just like I was with the last two cold spells, or flinting glances more like.....   Coldest weather in two years my ass *Met Office*.

Haha, I think I'll stick with what the met office say over your good self.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Haha, I think I'll stick with what the met office say over your good self.

Yeh like the coldest weather in two years, for the previous cold blip?

Good luck with that

Posted

I've been talking to some americans on a different forum this morning and they seem to think that they are going to get a snowstorm and blizzard from tuesday next week, with a couple of feet of snow in some areas.And here we are, wondering if we might get a few millimetres! haha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

iv'e been up and down more times than a champion bungee jumper,so im taking all the posts with a pinch of salt,would love to see a good dumping of snow for all of us in the south-east corner,i feel its the least we deserve,but after the last 'cold'spell im sitting on the armchair

I've been talking to some americans on a different forum this morning and they seem to think that they are going to get a snowstorm and blizzard from tuesday next week, with a couple of feet of snow in some areas.And here we are, wondering if we might get a few millimetres! haha

i follow reed timmer on facebook,they think it could be an historical event,not so sure myself,it will have to go some to beat the lake effect snow storm

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Weather for the Week Ahead -

25/01/2015

Each update seems to be upgrading the cold snap/spell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04y8w9x/weather-for-the-week-ahead-25012015

• Like 1

Posted

We'll see some colder weather at the end of next week thankfully but certainly no "Big Freeze" on the way. And snow prospects look modest at best. But certainly an improvement on recent "winters".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Potentially if I was in Norfolk I'd be quietly optimistic about the upcoming northerly.

Past records show that they can really deliver many inches of snow in those parts.

• Like 1

Posted

i follow reed timmer on facebook,they think it could be an historical event,not so sure myself,it will have to go some to beat the lake effect snow storm

Thanks for that, I hadn't heard of him before, just checked out his facebook, looks like something to keep an eye on, really interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Reed Timmer is referring to NEW ENGLAND in the U.S not England UK

Posted

The low at T156 also warms out the uppers and again marginal goes the wrong way:  attachicon.gif156-779UK.gif

So although many are saying once the cold digs in on late Wednesday it will be all snow, that looks over optimistic as the models get into their higher res they spot the warm sectors and occlusions.

I saw on here somewhere the 528 dam is following quite a way behind the backedge of that front hence the rain possibility. We lose the precip before it gets cold enuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Reed Timmer is referring to NEW ENGLAND in the U.S not England UK

And if you read the thread correctly you will see JJ1 & snowrye *ARE* talking about America and their weather not the UK.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

And if you read the thread correctly you will see JJ1 & snowrye *ARE* talking about America and their weather not the UK.

Oh yeah i didn't notice the top part of the quote.  My bad  

• Like 1

Posted

morning all things might get a bit interesting  on Wednesday  if the models are right might have to go to bq to get a bag of grit!!

Strange charts I'm seeing - ECM a total contradiction to what the UKMO/BBC are going for?

Posted

I presume that apart from a lucky few, this next cold spell will be exactly that. Just cold. And dry.

Posted

I saw on here somewhere the 528 dam is following quite a way behind the backedge of that front hence the rain possibility. We lose the precip before it gets cold enuff.

Well roll on 12 hours, big ol' trough is actually behind 528 dam line both going S - snow band moving south. Other charts also shows more troughs following in with cold air already embedded, so not a dry picture.

post-19153-0-50186100-1422195494_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Well roll on 12 hours, big ol' trough is actually behind 528 dam line both going S - snow band moving south. Other charts also shows more troughs following in with cold air already embedded, so not a dry picture.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The next 7 days snowfall totals: post-14819-0-96290700-1422196750_thumb.p source

I suspect that some in the SE may see some snow in the next week but mostly trace amounts on the 06z GFS. Some may remains snowless. The west and NW favoured along with high ground.

• Like 1

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yep Troughs are our friend here :) fingers crossed

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted

The next 7 days snowfall totals: attachicon.gifScreenshot_25_01_2015_14_36.png source

I suspect that some in the SE may see some snow in the next week but mostly trace amounts on the 06z GFS. Some may remains snowless. The west and NW favoured along with high ground.

Not a big fan of the above it does give a good assessment where most snow will fall which is towards the N/W, however troughs & disturbances in the flow are not factored, thursday seems lively too! at least we have a raffle ticket, I'd rather have a chance then a no chance. Last week had a surprise cluster of snow showers coming up from channel, affecting parts of E Sussex & Kent not forecasted, with accumulations.

post-19153-0-00090400-1422197887_thumb.jpost-19153-0-75337400-1422197921_thumb.jpost-19153-0-63992300-1422197952_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Not a big fan of the above it does give a good assessment where most snow will fall which is towards the N/W, however troughs & disturbances in the flow are not factored, thursday seems lively too! at least we have a raffle ticket, I'd rather have a chance then a no chance. Last week had a surprise cluster of snow showers coming up from channel, affecting parts of E Sussex & Kent not forecasted, with accumulations.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Actually it was well forecasted on WRFNMM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I presume that apart from a lucky few, this next cold spell will be exactly that. Just cold. And dry.

From what I have seen so far, yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Just to show how 6 hours in model watching can change a wintry spell:

06z: post-14819-0-07935900-1422203746_thumb.g 12z: post-14819-0-74380600-1422203746_thumb.g