Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Some making the same mistakes as always, writing off events way to early and trying to put detail to things is really frustrating.

Cold trend looking quite possible, snow risk increasing mid week onwards, is surely something many of us should saviour not get down in the dumps about.

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 1

Posted

Was just going to post regarding Wednesday no need to! transient at best but hey ho not so far away...

*IF* GFS 6Z came to fruition - we'd be on the cusp of something EPIC :D

With WAA surging into Greenland and the UK in a deep euro trough embedded with cold air = snow!

post-19153-0-84670800-1422102022_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

Weather for the week ahead. 💦💦💦â„

BBC weather forcast for this weekend and whole of next week.. Even a mention of the first week of February's possible weather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/30958304

Edited by Siberian Xpress

Posted

IDO sums it up well,

SE last to wave goodbye to the milder air implying rain > snow

post-19153-0-07463800-1422110126_thumb.jpost-19153-0-15267500-1422110237_thumb.j

Becomes more favourable later in the day as colder dew points sink S - all in all wednesday evening is the focus, parameters gives the thumbs up, doubt it'll warrant a warning since the ground will be wet from initial rain, but a few hours of snow would be quite nice. Awaiting the 12z to see how this evolves...

post-19153-0-91819700-1422110157_thumb.jpost-19153-0-43289400-1422110169_thumb.jpost-19153-0-60341400-1422110178_thumb.j

Getting into the reliable, SE/EA to experience transient snow unless it all goes pear shaped :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted

So am I correct in saying we have a possible slush event wednesday night ?

post-19153-0-84666400-1422120367_thumb.jpost-19153-0-04733900-1422120580_thumb.jpost-19153-0-91581100-1422120747_thumb.j

Quite low thicknesses which Steve M said to look at - when looking for snow, among other variables. 850s look very good circa -7C, so it looks good for some proper snow not that sleety mess. I do not think there will be any accumulations for this region following, the rain beforehand - GFS 12z continues the 'risk'. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

So am I correct in saying we have a possible slush event wednesday night ?

I laughed. I have to say with the disastrous mega fail to deliver last couple of northerlies, I can't help but think the same. I've said before and I will say it again: northerlies seldom deliver ANYTHING significant for SE.

By the time it arrives here, the goodness has been sucked out of it by the greedy Scots and Midlanders lol

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I laughed. I have to say with the disastrous mega fail to deliver last couple of northerlies, I can't help but think the same. I've said before and I will say it again: northerlies seldom deliver ANYTHING significant for SE.

I can't remember the last time a northerly delivered in the SE, I think it was 1932!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

I can't remember the last time a northerly delivered in the SE, I think it was 1932!

You're looking good for your age ....

Posted

6th April 2008 pretty amazing for the time of year - snow all the way to the S coast:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/46893-6th-april-2008-snow/

Funnily enough I do not remember it which is quite puzzling...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

By the time it arrives here, the goodness has been sucked out of it by the greedy Scots and Midlanders lol

Agreed.

We need at least a NE'ly and a strong one at that before I will get excited

Posted

6th April 2008 pretty amazing for the time of year - snow all the way to the S coast:https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/46893-6th-april-2008-snow/

Me neither. Must of been a temporary slushfest here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

6th April 2008 pretty amazing for the time of year - snow all the way to the S coast:https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/46893-6th-april-2008-snow/

Thank You, was just going to post the same thing. Stop writing off cold spells before they begin , I'd rather a northerly with a chance of cold and snow than westerly zonal dross.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

You're looking good for your age ....

Thanks lol

Thank You, was just going to post the same thing. Stop writing off cold spells before they begin , I'd rather a northerly with a chance of cold and snow than westerly zonal dross.

The good thing about a westerly is that it doesn't tease you, only to then let you down lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

This is True :=)

But a northerly is our best hope at present, all the cold is around the arctic circle and there is no real cold pool to our east.

Posted

Bit confused here - yesterday Steve Murr was implying (sorry if I have misread his comments), that Northerly wouldn't deliver down here but several posters now saying snow event maybe even Wednesday (where my are is currently showing 10 degrees), could somebody clarify 're the effects of a Northerly as far down as the SE.

Thanks

Posted

Bit confused here - yesterday Steve Murr was implying (sorry if I have misread his comments), that Northerly wouldn't deliver down here but several posters now saying snow event maybe even Wednesday (where my are is currently showing 10 degrees), could somebody clarify 're the effects of a Northerly as far down as the SE.

Thanks

Hi Isabelle,

No snow event for wednesday just a few hours of snow at best after what would have been rain, and this is expected to change, Wednesday will start mild and then it will turn dramatically colder, you'll notice it. We go from dps ranging from 7C to -3C. ECM 12z is quite pleasing, in the SE we have -5C & below uppers all the way from 120h to 240h - PPN should be snow. Not counting my chickens yet... but it is encouraging. Flow is quite unstable, so there would be heavy snow showers widespread, I'd assume going by recent runs.

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

Day 8 Mean..

EDM0-192.GIF?24-0

Day 9 Mean..

EDM0-216.GIF?24-0

Day 10 Mean..

EDM0-240.GIF?24-0

:whistling:

• Like 4

Posted

All to play for. bring it on.

Bring it on!! heavy snow blanketing SE & EA dew points way below freezing :yahoo:

post-19153-0-39998500-1422132011_thumb.jpost-19153-0-16709100-1422132060_thumb.j

Please do not change! Got charts from Nick S thanks for saving me time.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tonight

Clear and dry with a widespread air frost

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-19-0.png?24-18

Generally 0C to -3C I think

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-96718900-1422133217_thumb.p

Gentle westerly wind.

Bright start but turning cloudier and a little milder later.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?24-18

6-8C

Rain overnight

Monday

post-17424-0-96581800-1422133218_thumb.p

Moderate north westerly wind

Early rain will clear to leave a drier and brighter afternoon.

temperatures

nmmuk-0-47-0.png?24-18

7-10C, cooling off later though.

Overnight

nmmuk-0-64-0.png?24-19

Widespread ground frost with an air frost in places

Tuesday

post-17424-0-93358200-1422133219_thumb.p

Moderate westerly wind

A repeat of tomorrow really with a sunny and cold start before turning cloudier and milder later. Again it should be dry until dark.

Temperatures - 6-8C

Things get interesting from Wednesday afternoon onwards, but I think everyone knows that already. Will do Wednesday and Thursday when the charts come out.

• Like 1

Posted

Not for the first time this week even at T0 hours to go BBC Weather seem to have predicted the temperatures to be too high in the evening and overnight. These aren't differences of 1 degree or so either; current temp is -1 at the nearest weather station yet BBC are saying 3 degrees at 10pm. Very chilly out there but starting to feel a little less cold what with the -7 on Friday morning! 

Posted

Bring it on!! heavy snow blanketing SE & EA dew points way below freezing :yahoo:

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Please do not change! Got charts from Nick S thanks for saving me time.

I would urge caution on this possibility. I'm not saying it won't happen but we have a massive temperature drop as the front approaches from 9/10c to probably 2/3 in around 6 hours time and before any wintry precipitation we will have quite a bit of light rain, which means 'heavy snow blanketing' isn't likely IMO.

Also to add, the GFS precipitation charts are notorious for being wrong and overdoing things. If the GFS 12z is right we have 3hours or so of back edge snow, not to be sniffed at and I will be happy to see flakes falling but I doubt it would amount to anything in all honesty