Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

-5.2c up in Headington. just 0.5c shy of the coldest temperature of winter 2014-2015... Come on!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Damn man flu :-( I cannot stop coughing !!!

Its going to be a long night I feel :-( but atleast it will give me a chance to really look into the end of the first week of Feb and the lead up Valentines.... And yes thats coming from me who always says t144+ is a waste of time lol

Last month of winter to reward us ;-)

Posted

An impressive -6.5c this morning. Quite expected the temp to have risen overnight as the milder air approaches, however it continued to fall.

Posted

-5C here at the moment and with no heating on, crap quilt, always naked in bed has resulted in me getting up very early!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

-5C here at the moment and with no heating on, crap quilt, always naked in bed has resulted in me getting up very early!

Gross! Way too much information :D -3.6c here, fully clothed with heating on, but still feeling :cold: on the coldest night of the winter here so far. :cold:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Morning All,

Loving fergies latest update for a signal of Northern blocking to develop mid Feb. BUT no getting he's warning that it could bring warm weathet to these shores ? In my mind the only way this could happen is if we end up with a massive Siberian high and we get on the wrong side of it ? I can't think of another scenario ?

Posted

Morning All,

Loving fergies latest update for a signal of Northern blocking to develop mid Feb. BUT no getting he's warning that it could bring warm weathet to these shores ? In my mind the only way this could happen is if we end up with a massive Siberian high and we get on the wrong side of it ? I can't think of another scenario ?

A west based -nao may draw southerly winds towards us?

-4.1c / dp -4.7c here... Brrrrf

Posted

A west based -nao may draw southerly winds towards us?

-4.1c / dp -4.7c here... Brrrrf

In that scenario where would the northern blocking take place ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

In that scenario where would the northern blocking take place ?

Something like this would be a mild set up with blocking in place.

archives-2013-10-18-0-0.png

Usually heights to far away to our north west which means the jet loops around the block and heads north west through the UK, accompanied with a strengthening Euro high.

Anyway the time frame in hand is like 3/4 weeks away if I read Ian F's comment correctly. So no point worrying about it at the moment.

End of January into the first week of February holds interest at the moment still, possible northerly pattern setting up as the Siberian lobe lines up and the Canadian lobe of the polar vortex weakens somewhat. 

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks CS.

Currently sat in my works van and it's -8 in Ivinghoe Aston. Bring it on :=)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Morning! Its cold out there this morning at 6am it was -6C, its now a moderate -5.1C.

All I can say is, lets hope that we get some snow but if we don't lets hope we get a hot summer filled with thunderstorms and sunshine (no drought though).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & T-Storms

-7.3oc according to my Watson Weather Station brrrrrrrrr

Edited by Dorset_mist
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

-5 here at the moment, lovely frosty morning, i wondered why i was blinking freezing in the night, i left my bathroom window open  :doh:

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's certainly chilly out there this morning :).

Just been to model thread, if the charts for next Saturday (31st Jan) verify, will we have snow?

It's my son's 4th birthday, he doesn't really know what snow is, as the last snowfall we had he wasn't even 2!, would be fantastic for him to experience snow for the first memorable time on his birthday for him (plus we have a party booked with 40+ guests so if it happens could be a bit of a party planners headache!)

• Like 2

Posted

Blimey it fell to -7.3 overnight . Wasn't much more than that when I was walking out in it this morning and my face nearly fell off. Absolutely lovely day though and the sunrise mixed with the frost is brilliant! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well it's certainly chilly out there this morning :).

Just been to model thread, if the charts for next Saturday (31st Jan) verify, will we have snow?

It's my son's 4th birthday, he doesn't really know what snow is, as the last snowfall we had he wasn't even 2!, would be fantastic for him to experience snow for the first memorable time on his birthday for him (plus we have a party booked with 40+ guests so if it happens could be a bit of a party planners headache!)

It's my birthday too that day so I'll have everything crossed for anything resembling snow :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

How comes everyone is so cold? It's a sultry 4.8c here with dazzling sunshine and a crystal clear blue sky. I'm sitting outside sipping an iced tea, freezing my knick nacks off.

Edited by lassie23