Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!

February is going to be special...

You heard it first here! 

:whistling:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

so its -1 outside and dew point -3, shame no chance of snow, but a good frost will do me  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!

You got a valentines date then?

I wish...

:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

hi, well watching Asylum rubbish film, but i need to know whats going to happen, so one of them films, watched house on the haunted hill 1,2 all rubbish,  :) getting cold out there now

There is a, 'what was the last film you watched or book you read' thread, in the lounge, where you can let everyone know why these films sucked so much. It is clear here 0.5c :cold: No idea what next week brings, first half mild, second half ECM wants to bring back winter, the GFS is being a brat and sometimes agreeing and then disagreeing. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Amarillo in Texas got over 12 inches of snow today...

table_flip.jpg

Currently here though its -1.2C so... yeah...

It is a long way to Amarillo" for us, as well.  :doh:  :laugh:

I wish...

:wallbash:

February 14th is over-rated, just like cheap lager. More chance of snow for me by then, perhaps.  :D

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Ha.

Well, not ha, but ha.

(you know what I mean)

Lol!!

Simple fact is... nobody will have me. I'm really really hard work to be with. (and that's coming from the horse's mouth)!

Anyway, we better start talking about the weather now as we're straying 'slightly' off-topic  :p

Posted

Lol!!

Simple fact is... nobody will have me. I'm really really hard work to be with. (and that's coming from the horse's mouth)!

Anyway, we better start talking about the weather now as we're straying 'slightly' off-topic  :p

Hehe.

Nowt much happening with the weather. Is cold out.

Hope we have a cracking summer, with the odd torrential thunder storm thrown in for good measue. If we have to miss out on the snow to those oop north, we should be compensated with by way of a sweltering summer.

• Like 1

Posted

Hehe.

Nowt much happening with the weather. Is cold out.

Hope we have a cracking summer, with the odd torrential thunder storm thrown in for good measue. If we have to miss out on the snow to those oop north, we should be compensated with by way of a sweltering summer.

Nooooooo, I'm allergic to heat, so please please no heat during summer...  :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

0C here already, places around the region below freezing already. 

SE blizzards, I'm sure things will work out, I felt the same way a couple of years back. Different story now as this weekend it will be 1 year since I met the girl who I have been going out with ever since.

• Like 3

Posted

0C here already, places around the region below freezing already. 

SE blizzards, I'm sure things will work out, I felt the same way a couple of years back. Different story now as this weekend it will be 1 year since I met the girl who I have been going out with ever since.

Happy anniversary CS  :good:

Don't forget to book her a 'table' for valentines day ....(and then pray that she likes snooker)  :rofl:

Edited by SE Blizzards
  • Like 2

Posted

post-19153-0-54598100-1421959079_thumb.j

Haha :rofl: just above freezing here dew point is also very low - not Spring like going by ECM & GFS.

Although there will be a week or so with 0 chance of snow - very late January/February may herald a change winter may awaken, watch this space. Frigid windchill, would be brutal right from the poles!

post-19153-0-00978300-1421959346_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Monday

post-17424-0-45761400-1421963856_thumb.p

Moderate north westerly wind

Rain during the morning, this will clear to sunny spells later in the afternoon.

Temperatures - 6-8C

Tuesday

post-17424-0-54362400-1421963857_thumb.p

Gentle westerly wind

Early ground frost, it should be a dry day with sunny spells

Temperatures - 5-7C

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

Quite day here , managed to creep up to just over 6 just after 13.30, been falling steadily since dusk, now have -0.3 , DP at -2.4 and WB at -1. Pressure has been on the rise since lunchtime now 1022MB (1016 earlier in the day)

Posted

Well when Ian F hints at changes afoot after calling things very well with the enhanced data available to him you have to sit up and take notice. Interesting times ahead. Buckle up weather folks.

• Like 2

Posted

Brrrr it's cold,outside -6C @ Benson might get close to -10C in the renowned frost hollow

Well... good support in new EC Monthly by mid-Feb for GloSea5 signal re increased incidence of blocking. Indeed, by week 4, first output we've seen all winter with NO low MSLP anomalies anywhere on the NW Atlantic-European charts. However....where blocking sets-up, if it establishes, is another matter. This was stressed earlier re GloSea5 signal: it MAY lead to colder weather but equally may do opposite. Nonetheless, a growing (if still tentative) bi-model indicator of change eventually afoot.

:)
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Brrrr it's cold,outside -6C @ Benson might get close to -10C in the renowned frost hollow :)

can't believe how cold it's got -7c Benson not far from there.

Posted

Just took the dog for a quick walk, and I can say it's proper cold out there.!

I currently have -5c which is alittle surprising, so we could see a -6 or -7c in the early hours.

Posted

These low temps were certainly not forecast. I saw the BBC forecast earlier and they said -1 or -2c.

I think even they will be surprised by these very low temps.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

These low temps were certainly not forecast. I saw the BBC forecast earlier and they said -1 or -2c.

I think even they will be surprised by these very low temps.

indeed told misses to stay outside tonight so she is awake to de frost my car early

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Temp -2.6c

Dewpoint -6c

Lovely frosty night!!

Posted

can't believe how cold it's got -7c Benson not far from there.

It is a proper winters night imagine if we had snow cover - under quite modest high pressure with clear skies + cold upper air profile it is not surprising, Cold air will be squeezed out in 24hr-48hr time by an return to mild SW'lies and Azores High. With double figures by Sunday, been a while. Hopefully blocking transpires - and the winter can start albeit little late. We are overdue a really cold February, statistically it is our coldest month.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Probably won't be much colder than this come the morning. (would be cool if it was)! ;) A definite cold pool over Reading right now, with almost 0 winds, temps down below -4 and the nearby station recording -6. Yet just walking home it didn't feel that cold probably because of the still conditions. You might find the temperatures actually rise back suddenly during the night nearer to the the temps predicted by the met office, but none the less looking forward to the frost tomorrow morning! 

• Like 1