Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mokidugway

Crazy or stupid things you've done !..

Speaking of lamposts, I ran into one on a beach and knocked myself out...

lol, just visualised that ,sorry :)...

I tried to use a wheel barrow as a surf  board whilst someone was giving it a push, but fell off and rolled down a hill.

What was distracting you from not looking where you were going lol?

A few years ago I backed my truck over a lamppost ,I won , so any story will do :) ..

Did anyone see you do it? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I tried to use a wheel barrow as a surf  board whilst someone was giving it a push, but fell off and rolled down a hill.

it was a 30 ft concrete lamppost I snapped it off its base ,it fell into a hedge fortunately so I pegged it :)....

it was a 30 ft concrete lamppost I snapped it off its base ,it fell into a hedge fortunately so I pegged it :)....

You weren't lamppost watching then?

You weren't lamppost watching then?

I guess on that occasion no :(...I was on the phone naughty boy !!!.

A few years ago I backed my truck over a lamppost ,I won , so any story will do :) ..

That happened at our uni a few years ago...me and my mates were recording the whole thing while nearly wetting ourselves laughing. Was that you? :D

I have never done anything nearly as silly as that!

Though once I tried to ride my bicycle at high speed through a locked, metal, five bar gate .....  :whistling:

(my head just managed to fit between the bars, though I chipped a couple of teeth in the process, but my bike totally and utterly failed to get through)

That happened at our uni a few years ago...me and my mates were recording the whole thing while nearly wetting ourselves laughing. Was that you? :D

lol , no ,there was no one about thank god !!

I was distracted by a straying volleyball!

I actually did some damage! I broke my cheekbone which repaired naturally as most often it only can do. And I remembered nothing from two days previously, sad because I had been at my best friends wedding, and nothing of the apparently very hunky male paramedics who took me to hospital!

I was lighting candles once and my sleeve got caught on fire and my arm got burnt, my brother came downstairs and saw it before I realized :nonono:  

When I was around 10, I jumped in the swimming pool on holiday with a pair of arm bands round my ankles (thinking if I did that, I could walk on water, like you do)

Needless to say I discovered that my legs floated to the top and my head sunk to the bottom.  Can't say I rushed to attempt that trick again.

Not taking up a career in Psychiatry and getting all my training here on netweather, free of charge. :)

When i was around 13 me and my mates used to build ramps to make jumps with our bikes, well these ramps were made of house bricks and big sheets of ply.

Well one day one of my mates in the grove had a honda 90 moped, i think you can guess the rest, well it was worst

I jumped on this moped revving it like i was Evel Knievel or something of that order, and i started,

i was flying down this hill on my way to this ramp and i hit this ramp thinking i was going to do the scene from the movie ET with the bike flying past the moon

Wrong.... I hit the ramp in which it totally collapse and i lost control fly through a panel fence in someones garden, at this stage i was lying spread Eagle :vava: and this guy who was having Sunday afternoon tea in he's garden was not a happy bunny, :aggressive:  I was grabbed by my ear kicking and screaming to my house and my mother killed me!!!!!

My punishment was all my pocket money for the next six months had to pay for the panel fence including been grounded for four weeks..... :cray:

Crazy or stupid things you've done !..definitely one them  :whistling:    

I voted for Margaret Thatcher! :fool:

I voted Lib Dem as a lifetime Labour Supporter and I am still waiting for a lightning strike from my also lifetime LP father - never again and forgive my sin!

Tripped over the hoover power lead and broke my nose on a wall shelf lol

I've blasted myself across a few rooms from errant plug sockets over the years...we still have some electrical weirdness in our French house where things can be still live when they shouldn't be...

I've just added a major update to my list of stupid things I'm afraid! Not being careful enough I managed to trip up at Dijon station on Monday early evening. I knew I'd done some damage but took some painkillers and went to bed that night. On Tuesday morning my elbow and arm were horribly swollen with almost no movement, any any I tried was agonizing. I was supposed to teach at 1030 but went into the school early and saw my administrator who drove me to the University hospital and was so nice as to wait with me. I was x-rayed within 20 minutes and under the care of two fabulous young doctors. The x-rays were inconclusive on a fracture so I was sent for an MRI scan, a 45 minute wait as there were lots of folks worse than me being seen. It seems I partially dislocated my elbow but it relocated itself, so I am in a sling with painkillers and an anti-inflammatory which even as a gel (Diclofenac) is upsetting my stomach. I am struggling with the simplest of things like getting dressed and using the computer, and have never been so thankful for choosing to wear a sports bra rather than one with a clip!

I couldn't possibly drive, and the trip back to the UK is going to be a challenge on Saturday - how do you fasten your seatbelt one handed? The kindness of strangers will be needed! For once, can I please have a turbulence free flight, and will someone take away the northern French thundery showers that are in the forecast...

I once ripped off (with the help of some scaffolding) one of my cars wing mirrors to get out of a space because some kind soul parked right up my backside and i was facing one of those big dumper things. I did this so i could reverse a little and so not hit the kind souls car trying to get out. 

I had an electric shock of an outside cable running to our shed many years ago,boy did it kick.

Another one I was cutting thistles with the sickle and cut the water pipe.

I had an electric shock of an outside cable running to our shed many years ago,boy did it kick.Another one I was cutting thistles with the sickle and cut the water pipe.

cutting water pipe is some achievement :).....

Stuck two fingers in an empty light bulb socket in a caravan as a kid, to see what happens. Ow.

Also as a kid, even earlier, stuck two fingers into a nice-looking pile of soft grey ash the day after a big garden bonfire, to see what it felt like. ow ow ow.

More recently, came home from op in hospital after general anaesthetic with instructions not to operate any equipment, "even a kettle"! So I thought I would descale the kettle (never having done it before in my life) - poured in descaler, didn't tell my husband, who then switched it on in order to start getting dinner ready.